Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this e-mail:

"Radio 929 Loves U2, do U?... That's a question you're going to want to ask a lot tomorrow because it could just score you a pair of tickets to see U2! We're sending someone with a pair of Sexy Boots to Boston Common tomorrow (Thursday, March 5th) between 12:30pm and 1:30pm. Your mission? Find him or her and ask "Radio 929 loves U2, do U?" The first person to approach our mystery man or woman wins a pair of tickets to the private performance on March 11th! Ask everyone you see, you never know who it's going to be!"

Anyone want to join me in finding the sexy boots??? :hmm:

I do, I do. But, I may be bringing kids along (hey, the more the merrier!)

If you're rich, you can buy your way in :|

And if you just can't wait to win, we're giving you one more way to get in! Radio 929 is proud to present an online auction for a pair of tickets to the show to benefit The Camp Harbor View Foundation. Camp Harbor View offers over 600 children ages 11 to 14 who live in Boston’s at-risk neighborhoods the opportunity to leave the city during the day and participate in a four-week summer camp program.

I know its for charity and all but.. its still buying your way in. Current bid is $570

Radio 929 - Auction Home Page - cMarket Fundraising Auction

I guess I'll have to tell my daughter she can't eat this month. Sorry Grace!

I do, I do. But, I may be bringing kids along (hey, the more the merrier!)

Sure, they can help! If one of us gets it we have to agree to take the other! :) I am wondering if our chances are better doing the boston common thing as opposed to calling in. What do you think? What time do you plan to get there?

How often can you say that a venue is where you saw The Good Shepard and U2.

Maybe I can sneak into one of the Somerville Theater's four other screening rooms...

From the Somerville Theater's website:

DESCRIPTION OF THEATRE AUDITORIUMS
& TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Somerville Theatre has 5 auditoriums. All are fully accessible via elevator.

Theater 1 (the MAIN THEATER) is our original 1914 auditorium with 900 seats split between the ORCHESTRA and a BALCONY (which for seating purposes we divide into MEZZANINE and UPPER BALCONY). SEATING CHART [PDF]

Our new screen is approximately 28'X16' when open for 1:85 aspect ratio films, and approximately 30'X14' for CinemaScope images. Other formats are easy to present with our movable masking. Our new soundsystem features JBL speakers and Dolby Stereo Sound The main theater was renovated in 2006 to feature a historically accurate paint scheme and brand new stage, screen and fire safety systems.

Our orchestra seats are modern and comfortable. The seats in our balcony are the originals from 1914, so patrons over 5’9” might not find them as spacious as the orchestra seats (though if you do like sitting upstairs and are tall, we suggest Rows AA or HH which have more leg room).

Our 4 other cinemas were built in 1997-98 and are modern and stylish, featuring our signature owl light sconces.

Cinema 2 is located in the basement and seats 126 people. The screen size is approximately (18' x 12').

Cinema 3 is also located in the basement and seats 188 people. This auditorium features Dolby Surround Stereo and the screen size is approximately (25' x 15').

Cinema 4 is located on the second floor and seats 116 people. The screen size is approximately (18' x 12').

Cinema 5 is located on the second floor and seats 190 people. This auditorium features Dolby Surround Stereo and the screen size is approximately (25' x 15').

FEI Theatres - Somerville Theatre - General Theatre Information

Seating chart:
http://www.somervilletheatreonline.com/downloads/SMVDiagram.pdf

aw i wish i could go look for the sexy boots tomorrow but i will be at work then, boo!

good luck to everyone who goes!

im gonna keep my fingers crossed that i win the mix 985 freeloaders raffle! :hyper:

Sure, they can help! If one of us gets it we have to agree to take the other! :)
Sounds good.
I am wondering if our chances are better doing the boston common thing as opposed to calling in. What do you think?
I plan on taking my portable radio and cell with me along with my cheat sheet.

What time do you plan to get there?

Maybe noon? Haven't thought that far yet and I have an important job interview in the morning!!!! That's my only thing I have to do tomorrow.
The rest is on trying to win these tix.

Any ideas on a good sign to win tix that way? My husband owns a cafe and he could hang something to be sent in for that contest as well.

I'm really trying to come to terms with the fact that I most likely wont be at this show. But its really really hard to when they are going to be so close :sad:

I'm really trying to come to terms with the fact that I most likely wont be at this show. But its really really hard to when they are going to be so close :sad:

I know what you mean. I've eating and breathing the contest this week. The good side is that week is flying by and I think I've lost some weight as I've replaced eating with U2. However, my husband told me that he can't wait till it's over.

It is nice to spend the day hoping, wishing, cursing and crying with all of you!

WOW! talk about stars aligning!

All of my classes were cancelled tomorrow and the minute after I got the e-mail about class, I got the 92.9 email about sexy boots!!!!!

Tripletmom and carrieu2, I'll see you on the common tomorrow and best of luck to both of you! I'll have a radio with me for the contests too so if we do run into each other some how, I'll let you know if I know anything!

The Common could be a madhouse.
With snow on the ground, most everyone will be wearing boots.

I use to be a cross country runner, I'm going to literally just run around the whole park asking everyone I pass...I'll look like the dumbest man alive but hopefully my dumbness pays off

From the Herald:

Live Nation spokeswoman Heidi Collins - who told the Herald yesterday with “100 percent certainty” that the March 11 show would not take place at the Paradise or House of Blues - responded with “no comment” to the Somerville Theatre speculation.

However, Ian Judge, the theater’s director, says he has not heard anything concerning U2 from the band or Live Nation.

“I suppose they could approach us at the last minute, but thus far we as a venue have not been contacted (or) booked,” Judge wrote in an e-mail. “Something that big I doubt they would even involve us before they were ready to go public, believe it or not.”

I think I should just go ahead and book the theater now. And then make the band give me 25 tickets in exchange!

32 guests right now...? geez!

and the bidding on 92.9 for those tickets is past $1,200 now!...

If it is Somerville and you wanna cool +1 , and loads of positive karma. I'm disabled (check WHERE the wheelchair seats ARE!!!) I have a couple pretty hard to find DVD's of 6/8/01, foxboro 97, and have been to Boston tour shows since 92.

(private messages work best - I can offer you the possiblity of disabled seating - and since I'm in Maine - the radio show stuff is pretty near impossible to win at...)

uppitycrip...

:heart::heart::heart:

Ridiculous! the bidding is at 1250$!!! what the heck! I don't have that kind of money!
And I am working all day tomorrow! it's not fair! I cannot go to Boston Common!

It's probably going to be mad, though! good luck to all of you!
I feel good vibes for you guys!

And Derek, I also live near Davis Square (Porter) so it will be horrible if they are so close...but yet not close enough! :-(

argggghhhhh it was sooo easy! and I couldn't get through! :-(
Twice it kept me on the line for a few seconds and then dropped!
This is going to be a stressful day...

anybody on here download Linear??

I bought the digi pack thinking (because Im too dumb to read the sticker on the cover) that I was getting the actual DVD.

what is the format of the download??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom