Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
Anyone know where the gig is going to be?
The Paradise, the Garden, House of Blues and the Orpheum are booked for the 11th. What does that leave?....perhaps college arenas, considering the rumor about Fordham in NY...Agganis Arena at BU would work...Or maybe if it's a smaller setting, there's always places like the Middle East, Harper's Ferry, or the Somerville Theater.
I'm assuming tickets will be limited to radio call-ins and people who know people "in the biz."
Regardless, I'll be heading to whatever venue it is once I leave work that day at 4.

I think it will be a win tickets off the radio or through a contest thing

Agganis and the Wang Theatre are pretty much the only places not booked that night, but I have a feeling it'll be an extremely limited promo appearance, not at a larger venue.

I have a feeling it will be at the mix (98.5)lounge and a winners only type thing. Hmmm- I do know a few people who work for that station....
Even if I don't get in- they have to enter and exit the building, right?

The announcement is everywhere and who said it's March 11th? Thought that maybe some sort of Irving Plaza NY show..

Could someone tell me where this rumor about a Boston gig started?? I can't find a source, and haven't been listening to the radio. thanks!

George Thorogood is at the HOB that night too.

I think the Wang and Berklee performance center is free. The Blue Man Group have that night off at the Charles Playhouse. That is a tiny little theatre, but would make a Q&A session work.

As easy as it is for me to get excited about this, the odds of me actually getting into said event are probably worse than winning the lottery, so yeah I'm not even going to kid myself that I could be there.

so its definitely not in Ny then or is this some rumor?

my radio station at home in PA said there was something going on in Boston and they are going to give away tickets

I agree... from Boston, went to BU.... I don't even know if I saw a show at The Paradise...

I assume it will be a contest to WIN tickets.

As easy as it is for me to get excited about this, the odds of me actually getting into said event are probably worse than winning the lottery, so yeah I'm not even going to kid myself that I could be there.

That's what I keep reminding myself. I bet this show and whatever is happening in Chicago will have maybe 100 people tops each, and I'm guessing it will be radio stations only and maybe U2.com (though the fact that things are still screwed up over there for many members doesn't bode well, I don't think). My birthday is that week and it would be a dream come true to get to go, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

i would love to hear the Opera House. Best sounding venue in Boston. More appropriate than Berkley.

Could be any of the venues mentioned above- Opera House(Live Nation owned), Agganis(they let LiveNation shows in) Mix Lounge(should they decide to promote 100% through Westwood media), Berklee, Charles Playhouse, Somerville Theatre all let LiveNation in.

It really could be anywhere you can stick a couple hundred people.

As for suprises, and wanting to make a big splash with the NLOTH promotion machine, why has no one yet suggested U2 on the DUCK TOUR BOATS going through the City like the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics have done in the recent past? I think there is a chance that happens. After all, ABOY in NYC. Maybe Duck Boats followed by a 10-12 song set on City Hall Plaza??

Also, the article that Lila64 linked speculated Gillette in September, which would make perfect sense for a tour starting w/ a European leg in the summer.

As for suprises, and wanting to make a big splash with the NLOTH promotion machine, why has no one yet suggested U2 on the DUCK TOUR BOATS going through the City like the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics have done in the recent past? I think there is a chance that happens. After all, ABOY in NYC. Maybe Duck Boats followed by a 10-12 song set on City Hall Plaza??

Good point! I think it would be a bit redundant. Then again all they seem to like playing are rooftops everywhere!

Now City Hall Plaza - that would be amazing! Cold as hell like the first Pats parade, but probably interesting. Tough to plan a week or so in advance with weather this time of year.

You know what would be a great spot...Paul Revere Park next to the Charlestown Locks. Scenic backdrop of the Zakim. Then again - very ABOY!

Somerville would be interesting.

My favorite scenario would be them playing the top of the Pru with nobody having a clue. Throw that on SNL :)

My favorite scenario would be them playing the top of the Pru with nobody having a clue. Throw that on SNL :)

Maybe you're not far off if they do an outside show? In the summer, I've seen mini concerts being held on the steps of the Pru (the ones that lead up to the food court).

These are the best pictures I could find of the area:

http://i41.tinypic.com/33eh8pg.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2469w6v.jpg

They could have a VIP section up close and still allow the rest of us unlucky bastards to watch from a distance :shrug:

I should talk to my friend in Portland and get her to win tickets for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom