Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me while I say F*CK!

Got through and it rang repeatedly about 20 times, then disconnected, basically means I was on waiting for an incorrect answer...must have been call 15,16 or so.

That happened to me yesterday on BCN. I didn't know what was up with it because I thought it was way to early to be caller 14+, but I guess it makes sense.

oh I am so frustrated, it rings and rings and rings sometimes and then I get disconnected!

I honestly hope that some of you on here will win because you deserve it.

I'm going at lunch to Radio Shack where I will buy a small radio since I've heard that the internet feed has considerable lag time.

oh I am so frustrated, it rings and rings and rings sometimes and then I get disconnected!

I honestly hope that some of you on here will win because you deserve it.

That keeps happening to me too with the ringing. I haven't gotten through once to anyone live. I want to give up trying, but I keep getting sucked in.

is it a live person when you find out your number??

and yes, computer streams are way behind. up to a minute. I have been using the internet stream to find the station on the radio dial.

So I guess we only have 4 options left for the day at 1:40, 4:15, 4:40 and 5.
And for the 2 seconds songs, we are left with 11 o'clock, touch, an cat dubh and twilight if I am not mistaken.

Channel 7 news said Live Nation stated it wasn't at The Paradise or HOB.. okay fine, but why would Live Nation be involved with this? Why would they give out free tickets?

My NLOTH boxset just landed on my front porch :hyper:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 84 (33 members and 51 guests)

That's kind of interesting. Hello to all the eavesdroppers...I mean guests out there!

I'm going at lunch to Radio Shack where I will buy a small radio since I've heard that the internet feed has considerable lag time.

I did this yesterday, but from CVS. $15 for the worst radio ever. The frequencies bleed all over each other, it's hyper sensative to GSM (cell phone) interference (causing me to miss 1 clip yesterday on BCN), and the dial position labels are no where near accurate. Also, the volume slider moves a full inch, but it goes from level 0 to level 9 million in volume within the first tenth of an inch.

You can see it in this photo of my setup:
u2call.jpg

You can't quite make out the scotch tape labels I have on the display to show me where the stations REALLY are.

Also pictured - the Google Calendar Mapping out all the contests and the easy button I hope to press when I win ;)

I don't know, but I kinda wish the Paradise was still an option. A few years ago, I got into an exclusive preview date for Coldplay's Rush of Blood by sheer will. The ticket collector left, and the bouncer, who I'd been talking to all night, whisked me and my friend in. I'm going to guess some people mightn't show up or were disqualified and they'll have a few seats open. I'm going to chance it!

I WON!!!! Two tickets and a limo ride with DJ's from WRVE 99.5 (Albany, NY)
Had to listen to a montage and then send them an email listing the songs--out of all the emails they PICKED MINE!!!!:hyper::lol::hyper:

Still can't breathe!

They've all said that there won't be an opportunity to scalp them. The person who wins is a name +1 on the guest list. You could theoretically sell the rights to the +1 though.

Thank goodness. I figured with the whole "invite" thing that they wouldn't be able to. However I do fear that many of these radio people will get to go, which is so unfair, and I'm sure plenty don't even like them enough to go see them, they'll just go to tell people they were there.

So i just called Showcase Live (next to Gillete Stadium). I told them I was going to the "secret U2 show" and asked them what time to show up. They told me doors open at 6 and the show starts at 8. Mystery Solved!

I hope the staff aren't that stupid, but if they're playing Gillette in September maybe it's part of the package with LiveNation or something. Props to Bob Kraft and bummer for people going to The Wailers now on Wednesday night!

So what about the mix 98.5 raffles (on the freeloaders site)? Any of you get entries into that? I wonder if anyone was picked as a winner yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom