Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admire the brilliance of this. Most bands are belly aching over the lack of air time they get when a new record come out. U2 got the airtime. No scalpers were involved. And it got me hooked into them again. I'm pretty impressed - as well as being a ball of stress.

It will be interesting to see if this pays off in the long run for the album.

Thanks! Im really hoping I can win some tickets! It seems damn near impossible, but the thought of being in such an intimate setting gives me chills, esp since every time I've seen them its been from balcony, ha.

U2 Playing Small Boston Gig

Apparently U2 is playing a small Boston gig probably at this club called the paradise where they first played back in 81 (are any of u guys from around here?) - its all very secretive and the only way to get tickets is to win them through the radio. - I have been trying and trying and have come to the conclusion that I will never win as i cant get through. I am heartbroken about it because they are playing 1 mile from my apt and i dont think i will be able to be there - What should I do I have to get in.

Apparently U2 is playing a small Boston gig probably at this club called the paradise where they first played back in 81 (are any of u guys from around here?) - its all very secretive and the only way to get tickets is to win them through the radio. .

I'm going out on a limb....you didn't read this entire thread, did you?

So i just called Showcase Live (next to Gillete Stadium). I told them I was going to the "secret U2 show" and asked them what time to show up. They told me doors open at 6 and the show starts at 8. Mystery Solved!

Could someone please let me know when "Boots" comes on? I'm listening to the lagging web version of BOS 'cause I don't have a radio at home. :( Thank you!! :wave:

Between my magic jack and my iphone I've gotten through to BCN twice (caller 9 both times) and mix yesterday (caller 5)

Could someone please let me know when "Boots" comes on? I'm listening to the lagging web version of BOS 'cause I don't have a radio at home. :( Thank you!! :wave:

Watch the main website.
The "now Playing" graphic is synched with the radio, so when you see "U2 Sexy Friggin Boots" pop on (in about 3 minutes) dial.

So i just called Showcase Live (next to Gillete Stadium). I told them I was going to the "secret U2 show" and asked them what time to show up. They told me doors open at 6 and the show starts at 8. Mystery Solved!

I cant imagine that they'd do the show that far away. It's too far away from the city centre to drum up sufficient hype, and you know Bono digs the attention. I still think Paradise Lounge is the best bet, so long as the sound from the concert next door isn't horrendous. Never been there, so I don't know.

it sucks so bad!!! I can NEVER go through. I ALWAYS get the dial tone or the message saying that all services are busy! and I am trying with both a land line and a cell. It sucks.

it sucks so bad!!! I can NEVER go through. I ALWAYS get the dial tone or the message saying that all services are busy! and I am trying with both a land line and a cell. It sucks.

It does suck! specially when it rings 3 times and then it cuts to the "all circuits are busy now" recording! :mad:

Both of these since noon were so frickin' easy, but it doesn't matter if I'm on a cell or a landline, I can never get through. Ace Ticket is probably jamming the lines and going to sell these tickets for $10,000.

Off the hook until what? 1:40...

Both of these since noon were so frickin' easy, but it doesn't matter if I'm on a cell or a landline, I can never get through. Ace Ticket is probably jamming the lines and going to sell these tickets for $10,000.

Off the hook until what? 1:40...

They've all said that there won't be an opportunity to scalp them. The person who wins is a name +1 on the guest list. You could theoretically sell the rights to the +1 though.

Pardon me while I say F*CK!

Got through and it rang repeatedly about 20 times, then disconnected, basically means I was on waiting for an incorrect answer...must have been call 15,16 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom