Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen. Didn't mean to mix someone up asking that question. It was just bugging me since last night.

I can never get through either.

so somebody said celophane wrapper?? was it one of the people that then said janis joplin?? I couldnt understnad them and they definitely paused when trying to re answer the question

that is too funny, but it has to be a lurker, Iwould hope anybody else would know. and if thats the case, Im glad the answer screwed them.

NO more posting answers.

Does anyone else get the call that goes nowhere? There is no dial tone, busy signal or ringing. It's just dead air.

I can never get through either.

so somebody said celophane wrapper?? was it one of the people that then said janis joplin?? I couldnt understnad them and they definitely paused when trying to re answer the question

I think it was the guy who ultimately said JJ Johnson (whoever that is), you could tell he was searching the net for an answer.

Does anyone else get the call that goes nowhere? There is no dial tone, busy signal or ringing. It's just dead air.

I get that too, but only on my work line. We use VOIP phones, so that could be why. On my cell I get a busy signal or the dreaded "all circuits are busy" guy.

ahahah seriously??? it's probably one of the guests leeching off your knowledge! damnit google!

Yeah, I don't mind posting answers here as I assumed it was a bunch of die-hards and if I can help, so be it. Guess we've got company! That was a really tough question and there's no shame in getting it wrong, but if you're going to use the knowledge in here, you should at least drop in and say hello and thank you!

Whoever it was wasn't smart enough to refresh and read the next post. His "cellophane on the CD" answer was so off the wall that the DJ actually thought he was confused and asked him again. He scrambled for a few more seconds (maybe hitting refresh) and then let out Janis Joplin or something like that.

How does cellophane get through and other people can't? Larry's dog is barking in his grave now

I really wish they didn't give that girl the tickets. They should have said you know what, you don't deserve them then go to the next caller. That girl really ticked me off.

Me too. So do contests like WAAF where you don't have to know anything about the band. BUT then I remember why U2 is doing this at all- they're trying to get people in who WOULDN'T see them unless it was free. They aren't schlepping over here to say thanks to us. For all we know, they TOLD the DJs not to make it too hard.

Hey, the first time I saw U2 I didn't know that much about them either. I had a few albums, had a few favorites, but 30% or so of what the band played I had never heard before. Everyone's got to start somewhere. I don't think you have to be superfan #1 to go to this show.

That said, I like it when the superfans do win!

Me too. So do contests like WAAF where you don't have to know anything about the band. BUT then I remember why U2 is doing this at all- they're trying to get people in who WOULDN'T see them unless it was free. They aren't schlepping over here to say thanks to us. For all we know, they TOLD the DJs not to make it too hard.

About 1/2 hour before the 10:40 giveaway, Carter Alan said they were instructed to make it a fair giveaway to all.(I assume by Interscope) Of course then he throws out the toughest question yet, I think he is doing his best to ensure real fans get in as much as possible.

Hey everyone! I must admit, I've been lurking since last night but I'm addicted! I'm rooting for all of you to win and happy when one of you does. I'm listening to all the people winning (girl on FNX today?! What the hell?!) and not getting through also.

So I thought I'd say hi and stop lurking. :)

BUT then I remember why U2 is doing this at all- they're trying to get people in who WOULDN'T see them unless it was free. They aren't schlepping over here to say thanks to us.

You got it half right. They're doing it for the massive amount of publicity they are getting from it. Plain and simple. U2 have always been publicity whores. Video on a rooftop, PopMart press conference, HTDAAB "Leak", these concerts...

They are masters of promotion.

They are masters of promotion.
I always love when people say u2 sold out with this or that. 1, I dont agree, theyve always made the music they are in the mood to make (like when people say POP was a sell out because it was 'dance' music, yet it is their biggest 'failure' commerically). But 2, theyve always admitted they want to be the biggest band inthe world, so they never should have any cred to begin with.

welcome music_lover

Im usually a lurker for the most part too. I think ive doubled my posts in this thread, and Ive been a member for almost 5 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom