Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, caller 25, you're killing me. And 26, your "he he he" made me want to strangle you.

Im calling from work and cell and have never connected to even get a number.

At this point, having been so close so many times, that's preferable to getting through but not being the right caller. Hell, I was even caller number 1 one time yesterday. Can you believe that?

Hey U2 fans I saw this on the WAAF page,

WAAF has more U2 tickets! Listen tomorrow at 5pm sharp as Mistress Carrie reveals a text code word. Text that word to 97107 within 10 minutes to enter for a pair of tickets to U2’s secret Boston performance on March 11th. Then, Mistress Carrie will call a winner by 5:30, so keep your phone handy.

In addition, this experience will be broadcast live on WAAF.

-

No luck on the horizon is more like it! Congrats to those who have won and keep your heads up. I've been using a cell phone and may switch to a land line tomorrow. Can't wait for David tonight.

Kristofor

WAAF has more U2 tickets! Listen tomorrow at 5pm sharp as Mistress Carrie reveals a text code word. Text that word to 97107 within 10 minutes to enter for a pair of tickets to U2’s secret Boston performance on March 11th. Then, Mistress Carrie will call a winner by 5:30, so keep your phone handy.

-

No luck on the horizon is more like it! Congrats to those who have won and keep your heads up. I've been using a cell phone and may switch to a land line tomorrow. Can't wait for David tonight.

Kristofor

Cool!!!! :up:

is 98.5 done for the day? I don't know if I can stand any more of that station, but I can't turn my back on another chance...

Hey I don't know if people saw this on KROQ out of L.A.,

I found this over at the @U2forum.

YOUR OWN U2 3 STOP TOUR
Here’s your chance to hang out with U2 Monday, March 9th at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. One grand prize winner will immediately hop on a jet to Chicago and Boston where the band will perform an intimate live acoustic set. Wanna go? Enter the KROQ Street Team and answer the questions.

---

Is the the first and only place that mentions that it's an acoustic set?!

Kristofor

At this point, having been so close so many times, that's preferable to getting through but not being the right caller. Hell, I was even caller number 1 one time yesterday. Can you believe that?

i have gotten ONLY busy signals - not one ring...do you start calling as soon as the dj hints at it or as soon as he prompts the call? im going nuts!!!

thanks in advance...

Damn I forgot the 4:40, not that I would have gotten through, I've recognized all of WBCN's songs but they're the easiest, some of the others for me will be down to process of elimination. I'm using a landline in addition to cell phone tomorrow.

Damn I forgot the 4:40, not that I would have gotten through, I've recognized all of WBCN's songs but they're the easiest, some of the others for me will be down to process of elimination. I'm using a landline in addition to cell phone tomorrow.

I was caller 9 (needed to be 14) and I knew the answer. I screamed so loud in the djs ear. DARN!!!!

I wish this wasn't happening so close... then it wouldn't be so painful. If this was NYC and I couldn't get tickets I'd probably be able to move on more, right in my own backyard though... oy.

i have gotten ONLY busy signals - not one ring...do you start calling as soon as the dj hints at it or as soon as he prompts the call? im going nuts!!!

thanks in advance...

Well, here's my system. Like I said, I haven't actually WON anything. Hopefully this helps someone.

1. Use a land line. I only have a cell at home and I tried that yesterday and again this morning for the early contests with no luck. You're swimming up stream if you are calling on a cell network. You will get "all circuits busy" which is actually a message from your provider's tower.

2. Corporate land lines are preferable to home land lines. Depending on the setup, they can have a much faster connection to the telephone network. On my work line I can hang up by pressing the switch, let go, press redial and get another busy signal all in the period of 1 second. Sometimes 2. I probably placed over 1000 calls today.

3. I wait until instructed to call. Radio stations can dump the entire bank of calls with the push of a button. I am sure this is what they do just before they tell you to call. on Monday, I was caller #1 on WFNX by calling right when the DJ gave the go ahead. Your mileage may vary.

4. Don't give up. When I was caller #1 yesterday, I was hammering redial for another 2-3 minutes. I finally got through again and was only caller #13 (hoping for 19). This afternoon I was caller #5 on WZLX after a solid 30-60 seconds. They don't have as many lines as you would think. The busy signal you get isn't always because someone else is taking up that line. Most of the time the network itself is just busy.

5. Be careful not to get in a "hangup, redial" groove and accidentally hang up on a ring! I have done this when looking for concert tickets before. I'm a little more careful now!

After going through and reading fine print, I see that eligibility is limited regionally:

a. WZLX contests are open to all WZLX listeners who reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Maine, and are 18 years of age or older.

WAAF and WBCN are the same.

I'm glad I didn't get through. I would've been so devastated if I would've won and found out I couldn't have the tickets. I'm screwed :(

-

Kristofor

Ugh, I'm working at 5 pm. Epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom