Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a video of Carter Alan on ZLX's website talking about U2, and he came off like such a douche.. but then again, what radio dj isn't?

I just got back from swinging around the common on my bike (I work across the river). People were pissed. Word was there was a winner, and the person who gave out the tickets was just some guy in regular shoes. No codeword was said. No sexy boots were seen. Sounds like a fix.

I just got back from swinging around the common on my bike (I work across the river). People were pissed. Word was there was a winner, and the person who gave out the tickets was just some guy in regular shoes. No codeword was said. No sexy boots were seen. Sounds like a fix.

Lame

I met Carter a long time ago and he was actually a very nice guy, its tough to tell from written email, so I give him the benefit of the doubt he wasn't being a douche.

:mad: That's super serial lame. And they only gave out one pair of tix? That sucks.

I met Carter a long time ago and he was actually a very nice guy, its tough to tell from written email, so I give him the benfit of the doubt he wasn't being a douche.

On the radio, gives off this "iknoweverythingthereistoknowaboutrockandroll" atttidue. But that's just me. :shrug:

That has to be the worst radio gimmick this week. I can't believe they only had 1 pair of tickets to give out in the middle of a city.

Carter Alan response - Not a bad guy, probably just being inundated with frustrated fans... including me. Can read from bottom up:

You're funny...good luck!
Ca

Sent: Thu 3/5/2009 12:59 PM
To: Alan, Carter
Subject: RE: U2 - Trivia wrong
What? Are you saying I should actually LISTEN to the question??
LOL

I’ll try that at 1:40  and 4:40

Great questions BTW! Nice to see you guys challenging people!

Thanks!

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 12:53 PM
Subject: RE: U2 - Trivia wrong

Matt - that was not the question. The question was what movie soundtrack was the first that a member of U2 wrote the music for?
They Call it an Accident is a compilation album soundtrack with several artists with U2 as a part.
Edge wrote and performed all of Captive.
Now you know!

Sent: Thu 3/5/2009 11:12 AM
To: Alan, Carter
Subject: U2 - Trivia wrong
Hey,

Just an FYI…

The first Soundtrack U2 or member of U2 contributed to was:

They Call it an Accident - 1982

Hey U2 fanatics,

I have been to a show at the Somerville Theater. Sorry, if someone has posted about this sort of thing in these 63 pages. I may have missed it! Anyways, in June of 2007 I found my way into a Ryan Adams & The Cardinals show. Tickets sold out and I showed up and one of my lucky friends with a ticket came out and did the old swap. So in other words he took his friends ticket and his own which he gave to me to let me in. It worked and I found myself in the balcony. I think it was all GA? The place is really nice and big. The other 4 theaters are strictly for movies only. There's no place for a stage upfront below a screen. I've seen Mulholland Drive, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, & 28 Weeks Later. Ironically, my best friend used to live literally 2 minutes walking distance from the theater. That's why I tried the Ryan Adams thing to begin with. I parked on his street (named after a man) and walked over.

I don't know Somerville well enough but can they really blockade Davis Square to avoid a mass cluster fuck of people? There are plenty of cool places to eat at and hang out: Johnny D's, Orleans, JP Licks, Rosebuds, Wings, Anna's Taquiera, Deli-Icious(!!),Mike's, Joshua Tree, Spike's, etc. I'm sure you guys all know Davis Square. Maybe this is for the people coming in from outside New England.

Anyways, lastly the sound was very impressive at the Somerville Theater. It was an acoustic show btw and it was great. A little tight up in the balcony, but what balcony isn't in Boston right?

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS I still think this isn't the real venue!! Just smoke and mirrors.

Are we calling the second With or Without You starts playing on Magic, or when its over??

I met Carter a long time ago and he was actually a very nice guy, its tough to tell from written email, so I give him the benefit of the doubt he wasn't being a douche.

I agree. I met Carter a few times at U2 shows, as well as at his book signing. He always seemed like a good guy. He knows a lot about U2 and I am not surprised he is asking some really tough questions.

That has to be the worst radio gimmick this week. I can't believe they only had 1 pair of tickets to give out in the middle of a city.

I just came back from the Common and heard the same thing about the guy wearing regular shoes. What they were looking for was someone who was saying the slogan to everyone (it is a radio promo after all) not just to people wearing "sexy boots". This was a good take because I counted maybe 30 people total who were obviously trying, kept seeing the same faces over and over. Odds were much lower than on the phones, it was just the luck of where you were when the person showed up.

I predict some kind of onsale on Saturday. Whichever venue they have it at still has seats leftover after these radio promos...

u2roolz brought up a good point about Davis Sq.

Traffic already is a nightmare during evening rush hour. this would not help any. good thing the red line is right there.

the guy from Mike FM this had no idea where it was going to be, so I wouldnt be shocked if it ended up not being there, but it would be a good place for it. 1st row balcony please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom