Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my guess "here's 2 free vouchers for every 1 ticket you bought, for any night when U2 is NOT playing"

the amount of FREE publicity they are getting out of this they can be a little generous.

or it will be such a mad house that you wont get near it and you'll have to contact them after the fact to get a rebate.

i think it's kind of weird that they're still letting people in to see movies... my suspicion is that the U2 show will be pretty loud and will distracting if you're trying to see a movie. also, i'm sure that security will be rediculous inside....

i think it's kind of weird that they're still letting people in to see movies... my suspicion is that the U2 show will be pretty loud and will distracting if you're trying to see a movie. also, i'm sure that security will be rediculous inside....

yes that's what I think, too.

A few days ago, since we could not get through the radio stations, my friend had actually bought us tickets to see "The Wrestler" there (we live around there) so that we would not just stay home and be depressed about the whole thing! and how ironic! they are playing at that very theater! so now, I don't know what we should do. I mean, we have tickets to that movie. And part of me wants to go and wonders if they would let us in and part of me is even sadder about it because how closer could I get without being there!!!!

And we probably won't even be able to watch the movie coz they will be loud, I think.
I don't know!!!!

yes that's what I think, too.

A few days ago, since we could not get through the radio stations, my friend had actually bought us tickets to see "The Wrestler" there (we live around there) so that we would not just stay home and be depressed about the whole thing! and how ironic! they are playing at that very theater! so now, I don't know what we should do. I mean, we have tickets to that movie. And part of me wants to go and wonders if they would let us in and part of me is even sadder about it because how closer could I get without being there!!!!

And we probably won't even be able to watch the movie coz they will be loud, I think.
I don't know!!!!

If I were you, there's no way that I wouldn't go. The worst they can do is tell you you can't go in and refund your ticket. Definitely worth a shot.

Unless you're REALLY looking forward to seeing The Wrestler...:wink:

Hey, you get to see Marisa Tomei's hot little 44 yr old bod. And you could run into U2. I'd go.

Looks like Boston's Craigslist is broken. This is what a search for U2 results in:

‹í\[wÚH¶~N~E™™Émbƒ. ac2‡nl¼ iŸ¬Y硐 PT´.Æô™óßgï*I0ØI¬ô<Œ×²eP]¾Úµ/ß®*©qpÞo¿\wÈ4ò\rýù¬×m“Òa¹|«µËåóá9ù4¼ìý¨¢a@ýЉîS·\î\•š/XÙ˜2jÇȉ\Ö$Äri:c‡Ù!9$V@Iè:aÔ(Ë/_6<QâS–lZ3ÇvKÄâ~Äüè´´ªµÞÞ˜„`Ϲfl¹à檓\·ïó ¼' êG„BSÐ ü4\ÇŸ‘€¹§ÔXàÓˆ‘h9‡fé|î:E`å ÿ~ï¹%2 Øø´äø6»?‚/KD é´t31c¶˜ÿ/B_"Î:*…ÑÒeá”±(«¿ª’ö1¢ùq¹¼X,ŽV7x0)ËêåÜ·–@"PGì>*‹Ï³ Ãp]ì½,'éecÄí¥”æJ¡‘J2âóR³Q¦øíÜ¥ÅFV†;áœúıOKl õ^¼x¿ÿ$Pÿ1ÌtÄã0¸ór©‰ì…üïõCh`ÎqPë-ŒxX”šxKÖm”NãEÖ ô@ tÄý5åƒ:äÕ$:YuWà ƒ„Ä´…Ôe¤,„ÙX^ȇÒˆŽBh¶1¥eëòšÌµÆh`ME£“Qøá÷˜ËÓX-5eñ²E½Qyp>“`¬é/F¹š>¢é‚…QÙcAàxÔÚWwä-ruÁBN°ò¾îx¸Ù §<`{ê„<1„‰Í×i”Aj¨pâúærkö{Ì#0üˆÙ#ÔB›Zkµ5šrõ‚ûa<òô³vk4zóöõôECºŠ¼ª¥wT~ úypxª0Ž}ÑI+“ÿC‰È)±¹{à!Ž ›ŽËðß³e×~S² `éí –sÆäMttGݘ‘ÓSRBxЉŽl'¤#Œü”DAÌNÈÿCyø=<-u0ÎË‘…cGÓÓR½ú7pMÌuçÔ¶rZRKDñii1u"vŠl±câóE@ç'dÓ< xìÛÇa ú{cÁ±2¿'!w›Lº<FbÏ£0%a(ÖЈlB]g"œÉä™Q`¶„ÈQݏÁÛYù¤„VùˆÑñçq$_Ls)ñɇÐùƒaÉ2:-¡€—;–V2—Y²¶jR)| ؝#<*º$.œ~ÚŠeYÒ-îy±ïDˍ Y€ÝÁ´mÜ:$»fö‹Njd³˜T-57Z£h!®äõ`JÀ‘Œ£pó< e¹8âd¥·JŒèH”€ë2ijóFñx¼]6Hʉ¶î:3y×±–øÿûœÊûœ>c&7ùlûæ8¹‡ŽÏÂûV$[¶h&cõ·fÝAÒÛÅíÅA6ƒIٝñ}•øÂ߮ü¤#æeb߉ËÝt¿›´íòh ö·}_ζÅ]Ôgô€tÃe˜”ñÀ6Ø $³¦[¸\&Ê m ¸ïX[ÍM }LÁÊ–&lÜß,ø‡3—ÆÖšq,gg`4qÀž•qloÛ9ã˜?TøÁYˆèD”€™gRáËí!{aR. &Ls« ج,à #º5†i8·§<Ù”»öf0tQ|ª&f¿YæëÂe¾²sƒåæmJe€+ ênaô¬¥,À#HSÏÏ9*ÅVÙPÊÆ˲¨ N2ƨ³íJ¦Räpxùαß,ÜI Ì •DœÜ±©ó;ç²=¸(=™pno•Šœ{Q*r¬Û¹²Çˆóœ žà@'“‰ôÕ _›³8Ê{8€ls~¾~•·¿òÑfÕù|.ïÍAØ8üÍ eøä¼éè ‰»! î Ô•Ç,@²'CGS†0ÿ$ɐD$‹u?%ù´‘Ñ —Ž˜Û\« ¼Ùšø}C¨;„;YsÃ’¨û"Í°<'‚§¾±“$^sß]¤¾8“¢0NŒø6)!¿l”%Š ÞKqE^ðD‚0@0kÜ ’‚çøp–²€Z6øyÛd òËׯKÍWþ(œŸ¬7Aïn‚Þïk"OWô.#í{‚ä§4¼v¬¬+(¯0ê K…¶&0øƒJWä¬pÉóØ V»ÍöòÄŒ$?Búé1Š»dIÚ•_þŽ Rà[C€¦å²FÅä¦`!Ÿêô"Ÿ½ÓLÙ&2æCÑô1RðŽÁ‰TeAÜ0¹K Ž]`Çå{²š€,ßÚQ\(”(kÈ2!ÂS¥R‚£æ@¬ 1¡ÙçzW/ ØGÁ†‰¢êäÜ ç.]‚%ÀgLÐV\šÿÄDMùÙ¿ÌaD£®rRa>2‘Ÿ`Ê!¹o âþ˜TŽ*z¢›ï‰ÚòcÕÔõ÷`²uÅuŬ«Sƒ—y“\Ò€(w’Ä28à²R1*ªVUëÕ#\O)5Ïâ%8æAk6]BòY%Cé¢ |ü«R’Cö• ¢ƒß†““:6Zj&>]$²e¸]ž7ŸD5Lº…ÄgUúìZv ™œ%|ˆÖôfÀ=ôª@¡;ömǏŠ©˜ºRÝùŸ‚O©êõº¹Â—Î]—´[WCrÑ??{ñBœÂUƒ"A*¦’‚¼Áã¦6#:@ìéÏ™ÁæjˆtJIõ¨@ Ù~ügüùá‡|TV'á늡ÔøC:cÄc\ú’Ç™Ä,Œæ¿š• dáÁâÿ;àöøƒá Ù”š‚bJǘ[0úé«ša üX L.o¦Êœ“n“¯êj]Iº¿é“ëÖðSgØmˆ9N ÜRߧäîøä’} ž¾ rÆôv¯ôúƒÎÍoÝ^¯S +upßÉP.ûW/äªOúg¿tÚC¨ÃÙ‡ð²sþ±sþüzšÁ«T5µ–Àëõû¿v¯.Ä<£œ»í_;CºÉ—þç’/0è_v`8d؏AnËXâGS±Wœ´+uâZ2©ù$Q_ôp› ¬î¶¸Qbi¥j¤þMº¶QC V¶¨Om‡úaæÙâµRÝ zÁG ÚT•\dŒsÌÐ#ïÓ€+`8à²ïœ°@ˆ¦©g€ÖõX¼-Jfè©éw=Òã\ˆÅ•Æ\H¢’© Ñä,î[,ˆÈgr‰R"Rž½b ÆXª v9΀Ö/]'ÏÜÞtÞÁw½ów{‘Þt~ëÜèl+º¦gú9Fu0ñû!ääüò‡aÎ!ÀhÀ+-p',ÇžFÖÞ“ËV‘ÃQÔZÊvoyìÚÄu€J€ÒÐ(b¾W™ï_ tE7T=g†ÂÙît\ÅCªÕëuM5këœ&5A$h“؉ …${#!÷ÉÍNRv(N DJêJPYmNbÈé}á"2O~Ø‹Ø/4ú‚„ÍšV5òœ}˜pö\–ñ1àP8 ÁÁø26÷H¾q鸆c„®åÌôU¤?OÈÔŠœuU«×´ú:›ùü0›Ù;íG¤è‰×T%‹tÛÖ9PöË¥ÌÕÊ_¨?cL°\Ò”)ÐzZ¬VwaoSo8öd^.í$«G¸ý0w¬dE¦€)Šf¦å׋3l\RáÎÿÀ8×é{Ý›F5õ¢sê(¿´ äiί±°L¦;²öÀ×V¬!UL¥V_ Á9ãGŒi Nõ¢Ç'Œ À†û3vfCm»8äfÝÐ3%¾Äˆ*|0ê‘6Ø<ø²X.*ìÉ®ðˆBÁÆ×ÔªÛË7‡É Éþaȳ²„e‘+@ÃÖT`SOb’èŽÉ.äüòìÙíÈ_ŒVˆ ceGÃ'oÔ·yµ|Š-žeΚ ùjjQT—ìǏLj.&ý ‐«ÖeG²’ë›n»S>kÝ ;78–_` 0ªŠV×6WŠBHYpWíù’×…fPUöä†xÞŒŒèƒlõ‰[ÓÕšš¬sê'GcPC®áÒ˜'ªZßÉSÏX0sÙ°TÄRj&G1¤ÊäÎc|ë€4S×·t!S\×™3𼡤ßÆø¸Rªšªa¤ö ¬!¿õ(¢¥8n (Ñ=çö®Ú#û,í)PdF|ñÃyÏ(À‡šffÕ îçgÄs°ŽŽR›.S`Â/¶²‰Kíý›žÏ³Éµo ¹X Âéì'ùýmL©ß¯ê ^3ïxfdî2¢,Žö/<à·x÷u¨«½—Z]Çýl#Gä…W Âún½ý4¼l]7©ºnêYàŒ×ú/G…=úÌÊæó<®jµZYIëBl¢^ƒ#"Z"у‹ŸˆGÕŒlà at/Èc²Y-–8mJE©Ö¾U™~2 òÁŒt§[áFW°

If I were you, there's no way that I wouldn't go. The worst they can do is tell you you can't go in and refund your ticket. Definitely worth a shot.

Unless you're REALLY looking forward to seeing The Wrestler...:wink:

haha! no, I don't really care about The Wrestler at this point!!!
The whole situation is sooo ironic and the worst is that I checked and they are still selling movie tickets online. I don't understand. Now that everyone knows, shouldn't they make it impossible for people to buy tickets?

This detail sounds important:

You can’t get tickets in Davis Square.

Ticket holders will be meeting at Assembly Square in Somerville. You can”t get on the bus without a wrist band, I’m told, and you’re not getting into the Theatre off the street.

^ I'm fairly sure the winners will all enter from the stage door on Meacham Street - it will be a clocked-off street, and they can step right off the bus and directly into the theater. The entrance is seen here: More circus-in-town photos : Somerville Blog

That's most likely what they will do!

BUt what about the movie tickets holder? how do we get in then? oy so confusing! why are they still selling tickets online?

Hmmm, I'm still scouting Craigslist, but one posting claims that any ticket sales are definitely fake:

A friend of mine tried to get WBCN to change the name on "the list" from him to me and they would not, and there are no "tickets" so beware of people "selling their 2 tickets" - the name of the contest winner must be present.

Would any of the attending Interference members like to clarify?

there will probably be a couple of hundred fans at the show who won tix, but my thinking is that this is largely a media and "insiders" concert (ie, friends of people associated with the band, promoters, etc...).

Hmmm, I'm still scouting Craigslist, but one posting claims that any ticket sales are definitely fake:

Would any of the attending Interference members like to clarify?

There are no tickets - we must present IDs to the U2/Interscope people running the event when we arrive at the MoS. Beside our name is listed if we can bring a guest.

I'm assuming showing our IDs will get us a wristband, which is how they'll keep us straight at the venue.

There are no tickets - we must present IDs to the U2/Interscope people running the event when we arrive at the MoS. Beside our name is listed if we can bring a guest.

I'm assuming showing our IDs will get us a wristband, which is how they'll keep us straight at the venue.

Do you think it will be crazy at the MoS? i'm thinking of getting there around 4:30-5ish.

any chance that they'll be putting up speakers outside for the audience? that would make it a great fan event and pictures of everyone dancing in the streets would play great in the press... :hyper:

agreed with the photo Id/wrist band at the museum before we are sent to Davis Sq.

there was more give aways than 15-20. there wer 16 pairs given out on Thurs from Boston stations alone. Id say the number is about 50 to 75 pairs. still doesnt make sense there would be 150 winners and 750 invites since radio stations got zero invites.

Do you think it will be crazy at the MoS? i'm thinking of getting there around 4:30-5ish.

No, I don't think it'll be bad at all there. I think it's fruitless for non-winners to show up there, actually. Also, it was never announced on the radio or anything, so the majority of folks won't think to go there. I think like by 5:30, 6 actually is plenty of time to get there.

I think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SCREENINGS OF ANY MOVIES TONIGHT AT THE SOMERVILLE THEATRE.

I think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SCREENINGS OF ANY MOVIES TONIGHT AT THE SOMERVILLE THEATRE.

If they don't let us in, I hope the Theater will at least reimburse us the price of the tickets!!!
It's one thing not to be able to see U2 and it's another to also pay 17$ for nothing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom