Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard "ZLX, who's this?" and realized I couldn't take another pair and that they weren't transferable. I hung up. Such an idiot. Time to go to Vegas though; I was the right caller twice today.

You should have given them my name :lol:

I want to thank everyone here for spending the last 3 days with me and for everyone helping each other out. It really does take a village....no pun intended. :love:

I heard "ZLX, who's this?" and realized I couldn't take another pair and that they weren't transferable. I hung up. Such an idiot. Time to go to Vegas though; I was the right caller twice today.

WHAT!? What type of phone/strategy were you using? I tried for 5 days and never once got past a busy signal or ringing and a "cant be connected". You won tickets AND had a shot at another pair??????

I said this earlier ... but the real bright note in all of this ... was the unreal communal effort on here. Folks were very forthcoming with info. And the folks who consolidated the daily contest schedules. Karma. Good things will come to you during the tour.

Yeah, we're missing the boys in an intimate setting. But, I have been fortunate enough to be in the 5th row in Dublin, the 4th row in LA, and and 6th row in Pittsburgh. And, it felt like they were in a club then.

I am bummed to miss out on this. But, I am pretty psyched to know that there are some really good folks who love the same band I do.

Congrats to those who are going. Best of luck for getting some great seats for the tour.

My husband heard the shout-outs and asked, "Is that the board you are on?" I told him yes and they made the experience - the thrill of victory...and the agony of defeat - much brighter. :applaud:

Another thanks to everyone, for the company and the phone numbers :applaud: I look forward to seeing you all in the Gillette thread so we can work out our plan to rent the Bono bus to get there:

2crnklw.jpg

Congrats to everyone that won!!

I've been a fan of this forum for a long time. Although I didn't win tickets this week, I was thankful for the camaraderie! The closest I came to winning was being "next in line" if the caller on Wednesday morning on BCN got "The Ocean" wrong. Thanks for making these past few days "fun"

Oh and NLOTH is good therapy for all the people (like me) who didn't win....

I'm trying this radical therapy right now! The effectiveness is multiplied by a factor of ten when you add a beer to the mix....

I highly doubt we've seen the last of ticket opportunities, but honestly part of me hopes we have. I can't keep this up. Here are some estimated stats for me personally (and I have a partner in crime doubling these):

Radio Contests Called: 35
Phone Calls Placed: > 3000.
"Numbers" received: I dunno - 12-15?
Lowest Number Received: 1
Highest Number Received: 76
Closest: 23/25.
Online Raffles Entered: 3
Stupid Signs Made: 1
Minutes Spent looking for "Sexy Boots" : 20
How Long I considered Dropping $4000 on the auction: 3 minutes.

At least you received numbers. The best I did was 2 minutes of ringing and then the fast busy signal

I "got through" just once - caller 40 when AAF wanted 100.

I didn't want to go to the show anyway. Stupid "intimate Q&A" thing... I'd much rather pay fifty bucks to be a hundred yards away up in the nosebleeds of Gillette and getting puked on. Yeah, that's the ticket....

Anyone thinking of going to the band's hotel Wednesday? Also do you think they will stay Tuesday night in Chicago and arrive in Boston on Wednesday? Or do you think they will leave the city right after the show has ended thus meaning they'd leave Boston Wednesday after the show? Thanks for any help.

its great to see a lot of people joining interference because of this. I have no problems with lurkers (Im usually a logged in lurker myself), but it did annoy me when it seemed that the 'guests' viewing the thread were just people stumbled upon this board and were using us for answers, some of which were very difficult. I admit I did not all of them myself.

I was curious (bored) and wanted to see how many winners we ended up with here on Interference.

My count = 8 shawond, oliveu2cm, u2Mass, U2 Mama, promenade, GretzkyU2Yanks, kazanjig, SpaceBoy (last 2 gave Interference.com a shout out!).

:applaud:

Think I'll stop at Best Buy to pick up NLOTH.... been too busy with these foolish contests to get it yet!

I bought it Tuesday but didn't open it till 5PM today cause I've been a slave to the radio (and some god awful stations/"music") for the past 3 days.

Man thats a lot of wasted time and effort.
Stats have to be similar to Derek's.
Can't believe how many calls I dialed since Monday.

I was curious (bored) and wanted to see how many winners we ended up with here on Interference.

My count = 8 shawond, oliveu2cm, u2Mass, U2 Mama, promenade, GretzkyU2Yanks, kazanjig, SpaceBoy (last 2 gave Interference.com a shout out!).

:applaud:

That means 8 of us as guests, the 8 with the most posts on the 2 threads will suffice.:wink:

I bought it Tuesday but didn't open it till 5PM today cause I've been a slave to the radio (and some god awful stations/"music") for the past 3 days.

Man thats a lot of wasted time and effort.
Stats have to be similar to Derek's.
Can't believe how many calls I dialed since Monday.

I'm with you on the time suckage. If I got paid for hours logged, I could buy those auction tickets. :)

And I agree with the tickets not being over. I just need it to be over for a few days to recharge my battery and will to live.

I don't drink, so a soda will do, and lets make it for Next Wed at the secret show. (Gotta still have hope)

Oh good, because I don't drink either. Those people who go on beer runs in the middle of good songs make me angry :mad: Pre show sodas on me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom