Boston 3 (5/28/05)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedracer

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
(encore)
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (!)
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Party Girl (!!)
Vertigo

That is all.

Who´s gonna ride your wild horses ???? Holy shit, thats amazing.

I hope it was a full band version.

yimou said:

I hope it was a full band version.

Yes, it was a full band version, and yes, it was amazing.

It was incredible, and I think possibly the best song of the night.

My wife, daughter and I saw Bono and the Edge outside the fleet center.

Bono spoke to the crowd and said they were going in to work on something special for tonight.

they delivered!

The last full band performance of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was on August 12th 1992 in East Rutherford. After that, Bono performed it acoustic on several occasions in the 3rd leg of ZooTV. Last performance of the song, not counting the various Elevation Tour snippets at the end of Bad, was on November 24th 1992.
Twelve and a half years...
Now, U2, start playing Ultra Violet!

theoeiii said:
What is so great about that song? Or, actually, what's good at all about it? Someone tell me, please.

hehe

yeah i probably would have preferred any other AB song over it

but i guess its still cool

yimou said:

wildhorses.jpg

sorry i came across that picture and couldnt resist, no offense :wink:

Last edited:
theoeiii said:
What is so great about that song? Or, actually, what's good at all about it? Someone tell me, please.

Its not my favorite, but it was great to see them pull it out of the archive, blow the dust off of it and play it for us last night. That is what is so good about it.

theoeiii said:

theoeiii - Maybe it's because we all heard it live during the Zoo tour and realized how great that song is when performed live. Also, many of us can relate to the lyrics and what the song is about. Finally, just mixing the setlist up a bit excites people. Just my 2 cents. Regards....

bigwali said:

theoeiii - Maybe it's because we all heard it live during the Zoo tour and realized how great that song is when performed live. Also, many of us can relate to the lyrics and what the song is about. Finally, just mixing the setlist up a bit excites people. Just my 2 cents. Regards....

EXACTLY.

buuuut, isnt it kind of depressing that when they finally decide to add some variety they decide to pick this song?

there are probably 100 other songs they could have picked that would have been more exciting than that

its like finding out you won the lottery, but then finding out the jackpot is only 100 bucks. yeah its better than nothing, but it could have been soooo much better, so its a little bittersweet

Chizip said:
buuuut, isnt it kind of depressing that when they finally decide to add some variety they decide to pick this song?

there are probably 100 other songs they could have picked that would have been more exciting than that

its like finding out you won the lottery, but then finding out the jackpot is only 100 bucks. yeah its better than nothing, but it could have been soooo much better, so its a little bittersweet

Look, Chizip, I think you're overreacting now. Just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it was a bad decision to bring it back to the set.
Wild Horses is one of my least favorites from Achtung Baby and I would really like to hear Ultra Violet or Love is Blindness instead. But, some people love the song and I bet they are very happy to see the song return. I'm glad because of them and because the band is playing songs I would never thought to be played again.

Chizip said:

Depressing? Not at all. It was very exciting. Guess you had to be there.

djerdap said:

Look, Chizip, I think you're overreacting now. Just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it was a bad decision to bring it back to the set.
Wild Horses is one of my least favorites from Achtung Baby and I would really like to hear Ultra Violet or Love is Blindness instead. But, some people love the song and I bet they are very happy to see the song return. I'm glad because of them and because the band is playing songs I would never thought to be played again.

oh im not saying it was a bad decision to play a new song, just a little disappointed at the choice of song, that is all

ill shut up now

Chizip said:

I agree with you totally.

While I personally think it would have been cool to hear WGRYWH, it's never been THAT good or powerful as a live song judging even from all the versions I've heard from when it was fresh and new during ZooTV---which is why it was replaced by New Year's Day(once U2 realized Wild Horses was a bit of a buzz killer).

It's cool that they're breaking out a rare song though. If only they'd break out something from U2's seemingly most "rare" albums these days: Zooropa(Dirty Day, remade Lemon) or Pop (Discotheque, remade Mofo, Last Night On Earth, Please)...I'd be a happy camper.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses may not be considered one of the best songs off of Achtung Baby (it's certainly not my favorite), but the way they played it Saturday night blew the roof off the place. It was incredible.

A tour debut of a song not done in over 10 years, with an unbelievable performance. Plus Party Girl thrown in and UTEOTW again. That's what makes the 5/28 setlist unique. For me, anyway.

Wild Horses is not of my favourites from achtung baby but is still a great song. It was a good song to bring back, also because it was dropped at the middle of zootv so it sounds now new in some way.

I just heard the mp3 of it and i was surprised how well played was the song with the entire band... and bono remembers the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom