Boston #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miracle
Electric Co
Vertigo
IWF
Iris
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
SBS
RBW
UTEOTW

Invisible
Ebert
MW
Sweetest Thing
AIWIY
EBW
Bullet
Pride
BD
Bad
WOWY

COBL
Streets
The Troubles

I'd be happy with that.

I went the last two nights. Those were my 75th & 76th shows in the last 30
+ years. The first half was average but when they started mixing it up it really seemed to give them and the audience a needed shot of energy. The rest of the show was outstanding, in my opinion. That may not have come thru if you weren't there.

But I'M a troll??

I'm as much as a troll as the person who came in the previous night and said "No gay talk" and then said "oh come on, you fuddy duddies can't take a joke!"

So ... what's wrong, you 'fuddy duddy,' can't you take a joke? ;)

Hope you had a good time at the show.

Last edited:
I heard some people are born Canadian. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I'M a troll??

Cmon Cori, you can come up with something better than this.

Actually didn't know what song that was but I will be sure to listen to it multiple times and memorize every word.

My new mantra: I'm going to get along with EVERYONE....

I just saw that RedHill Townie has Cape Cod as his location. my favorite vacation spot -- as I'm from MA. Now that explains it all. He's just a Masshole. He's harmless. In fact for all we know he's actually a better person than me or you. Maybe he loves dogs. Even the gay ones.

I just saw that RedHill Townie has Cape Cod as his location. my favorite vacation spot -- as I'm from MA. Now that explains it all. He's just a Masshole. He's harmless. In fact for all we know he's actually a better person than me or you. Maybe he loves dogs. Even the gay ones.

Doesn't Cape Cod have a huge gayness lifestyle going on though? My mom is from Mass, and I seem to remember witnessing this when we took a trip out there.

Best Bad I've seen - replacing Love and Peace in Auckland. I squeaked.

I'd say that's a damn good substitute!

Friday and Saturday night are tied for first for me. Both for different reasons. Hearing it on Friday night was emotional for me for personal reasons. Some of you already know this, but my father, who I was estranged from, passed away on Wednesday. This song described our relationship and has always made me emotional. Hearing it Friday night was an emotional release for me. I sobbed like a baby from the moment the opening notes started and continued to do so into WOWY. :reject:

Saturday night was a great surprise. Still emotional, but nowhere near the level of Friday for me. The crowd was very into it and getting Walk on the Wild Side was a great surprise. To hear him do that snippet live after hearing it so many times on bootlegs was such a thrill.

Doesn't Cape Cod have a huge gayness lifestyle going on though? My mom is from Mass, and I seem to remember witnessing this when we took a trip out there.

I'm in Cape Cod right now. The gayness lifestyle is everywhere.

More proof that it's not something you're born with. You're going to tell me that all of those people in Cape Cod happened to be born with it? And let's say they actually were, then we should strongly consider environmental factors in that area.

More proof that it's not something you're born with. You're going to tell me that all of those people in Cape Cod happened to be born with it? And let's say they actually were, then we should strongly consider environmental factors in that area. Maybe pregnant women ate too many clams?

Oh good...glad to see you have all moved on.

Yes Cape Cod is FULL of gayness, and it is SO awful living here. I wish you could all understand how painful it is to live in such a beautiful place, and have SO many people you hate living so close to you....it's UNBEARABLE!
(That's called sarcasm for the fuddy duddys)

Get over it people. I'm not changing my beliefs, and I'm not going to back down from you all. So you probably should just get over it.

Have a nice day!

I'm as much as a troll as the person who came in the previous night and said "No gay talk" and then said "oh come on, you fuddy duddies can't take a joke!"

So ... what's wrong, you 'fuddy duddy,' can't you take a joke? ;)

Hope you had a good time at the show.

I did actually. Thanks.

It was hard to get mad at a set list in the middle of that crowd. It was fun and LOUD in there.

No actually I kind of detest that nickname. A handful of people fit that bill...the rest of us are just plain old Bostonians.

I can't believe you dislike something. I'm a masshole. It's fun name. I wish I was at the cape right now.

Provincetown is fire island of cape.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Also this -- Oxford English Dictionary makes ‘Masshole’ official

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How's GA in Boston when you get inside? From some video it didn't look too crowded. My friend is going GA Tuesday and was asking me.

i walked in to the Garden 5 minutes before People have the power and was about 5 people back from the front stage rail, there was plenty of space to walk around. it really started to fill in during the first song.

went back to the e-stage during UTEOTW and was 3rd off the rail in front of Bono, again plenty of room to move around until the end of EBTTRT. Went back to the front during EBW and was third of the rail for the rest of the show. Seemed like no-one was standing up there until bono came back during Bad.

As long as you know the set and the bands movements its really easy to be close (without cutting in front of people) and as long as you are not really short, there is no reason to get there early.

As long as you know the set and the bands movements its really easy to be close (without cutting in front of people) and as long as you are not really short, there is no reason to get there early.

It was pretty easy to walk the length of the floor to follow the band. I never felt like I was fighting the crowd to move and there wasn't a sense of getting in people's way. Sometimes there was a lot of movement towards a stage so I would just move into the newly vacant area and the band would then be back in front of me 2 minutes later. As someone who is short and couldn't find a spot on the rail, this was the best GA experience I have ever had and I want it to always be like this.

Just so you know, we Massholes say we are "on" Cape Cod, not in it. Actually we say we are "down the Cape". So you can be in Provincetown while being down the Cape. Just want to be sure you fit in while in P-Town. They don't like diversity much there. :wink:

i walked in to the Garden 5 minutes before People have the power and was about 5 people back from the front stage rail, there was plenty of space to walk around. it really started to fill in during the first song.

went back to the e-stage during UTEOTW and was 3rd off the rail in front of Bono, again plenty of room to move around until the end of EBTTRT. Went back to the front during EBW and was third of the rail for the rest of the show. Seemed like no-one was standing up there until bono came back during Bad.

You walked in, got a GA for 68.50 and had a great time w/o waiting in line with the crazy line hawks. You won the night!

You walked in, got a GA for 68.50 and had a great time w/o waiting in line with the crazy line hawks. You won the night!

This is the best GA experience at a U2 show. Go out for dinner, get a few drinks after, casually walk into the arena with no line at all 5 minutes before the band takes the stage, and still end up standing next to someone who punted their whole day waiting in line.

Have a great time before the show, get there just in time, there is no reason to show up early. After Boston, I wont walk into MSG before 8:00pm.

Back
Top Bottom