Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now here's a real thread name

my interent works like 50% of the time, too bad i'm too drunk to finish dl'ing the programs i need right now.

hey anyone on a mac? what do you use for .rar files? winrar wasn't installing for me

Hi Jen! Any further news on what's planned for U2 3D tomorrow? I'll definitely make my way over for dinner - not sure about the movie. Are you folks going to do anything afterwards?

hmmmm im planning on leaving geelong by 5 but i can come earlier if we have a definate dinner plan ... it would be nice to get up there and meet and have plenty of time, i would say there will be a big crowd at the cinema.

any clues in somewhere nearby that is cheap and nice?

and does not have scary italian dudes out front.

Axver said:
Someone's set off the Peterrrrrrr alarm with this thread: http://forum.interference.com/t185905.html

Can't wait for him/her/it to show. Will we get a new note to join the smoke sound, low hmmm, and rain note?

yeah i saw that thread and looked at who posted it , i was expecting it to be peterrrrrrrrrrrr

my voice today and yesterday would have topped off the rain/ smoke/ and any other notes for analysis.
:|

mysterious_jen said:
hmmmm im planning on leaving geelong by 5 but i can come earlier if we have a definate dinner plan ... it would be nice to get up there and meet and have plenty of time, i would say there will be a big crowd at the cinema.

any clues in somewhere nearby that is cheap and nice?

and does not have scary italian dudes out front.

There's one place I always go to on Lygon Street, called Notturno's. It's not flash, but I go there because 1. it's cheap, 2. they don't hassle you, and 3. I enjoy their food. Otherwise I can't speak for dining near the Imax.

As for scary Italian dudes, I'm tempted next time to just say "say one more word and you won't get our custom" and see what happens! :lol:

I don't know it, but it sounds appropriate and Elgin Street is only a couple of blocks further up from where we ate Wednesday.

Oh, and I found out why I saw everything in 2D! You lot can even watch the movie how I saw it - just close one eye. Ali mentioned she got this effect at one point when she did that.

Basically, unlike normal people whose eyes work together to create one image, mine don't focus properly. My right eye is dominant, and since my eyes do not process into one image the fields of view seen by each eye, my brain just takes what my right eye sees. So with just what the right eye sees, I get U2 2D.

I've explained it badly, but hopefully that makes sense.

mysterious_jen said:
just looking at the map it doesnt look too bad a hike..

what time is achievable to meet? would 6 be too early ?

Six is not a problem for me. :up:

Since the movie ends at approximately 10pm, are there any plans to do anything afterwards, or are you lot just heading back to Geelong?

Basically, the last tram on my line passes through the city around 1:10am, so I'm free until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom