Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Venue: Carlaw Park

Main set: Fast Cars

Comments: U2 try to play a set at Carlaw Park and then discover it does not exist any more and the main set is shaved. The crowd responds strong back.

Venue: Cnr Customs St and Queen St

Main Set: Walk On, Acrobat, Dirty Day

Comments: After losing all their money in a bitter divorce with their manager, U2 busk on Auckland's Queen St. Bono and Edge are the only ones present.

I thought you'd appreciate that.

"... the main set is shaved. The crowd responds strong back." is still amusing me. You can't make this shit up!

Venue: W Class Tram, Melbourne

Main Set: Ridin' Dirty, Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Comments: U2 play a show in a Melbourne tram to protest the graffiti. In a reference to the San Francisco show on the Joshua Tree tour, Bono cleans up some graffiti during Pride, unlike when he graffitied a statue during Pride during that show.

Venue: Basin Reserve

Main set: Old Man River, Neon Lights, The Saints Are Coming, Trip Through Your Wires, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Elevation

Comments: At U2's last concert of the tour, the band bring back many rarities, including Trip Through Your Wires and Elevation. The concert takes place during the lunch break on the third day of the fifth Test between New Zealand and India and the set is shaved when the teams return to the field.

Venue: Melbourne University

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, New Year's Day, One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town, Acrobat, Bad

Notes: U2 play a gig at the University's lunchtime concerts. It's Axver's birthday, so they design a special set for him. Heartland was soundchecked, but not played. Also a new song was reported to be soundchecked, but later discovered to be "happy birthday".

coolian2 said:
Venue: W Class Tram, Melbourne

Main Set: Ridin' Dirty, Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Comments: U2 play a show in a Melbourne tram to protest the graffiti. In a reference to the San Francisco show on the Joshua Tree tour, Bono cleans up some graffiti during Pride, unlike when he graffitied a statue during Pride during that show.

:lmao:

Just for you ...

Venue: Jetstar 737, midair

Main set: Peace On Earth, Bullet The Blue Sky, Zoo Station

Comments: U2 play a show on a plane to protest draconian customs entry procedures in the USA. Bono sung "zoo airport" in Zoo Station. Indian Summer Sky was on the setlist but got shaved when the plane disintegrated.

major_panic said:
Venue: Melbourne University

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, New Year's Day, One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town, Acrobat, Bad

Notes: U2 play a gig at the University's lunchtime concerts. It's Axver's birthday, so they design a special set for him. Heartland was soundchecked, but not played. Also a new song was reported to be soundchecked, but later discovered to be "happy birthday".

BUT DID BONO HIT THE HIGH C?

Venue: AUT Tower, Room WT1501.

Main Set: I'm Not Your Baby

Comments: In an effort to make more money, U2 also provide singing telegram services. Today U2 break up with an AUT student on behalf of his now ex-girlfriend. The set is shaved, as they were also going to cover James Blunts "Goodbye My Lover", however the class was already running overtime and Goodbye My Lover is simply snippeted.

Axver said:

Just for you ...

Venue: Jetstar 737, midair

Main set: Peace On Earth, Bullet The Blue Sky, Zoo Station

Comments: U2 play a show on a plane to protest draconian customs entry procedures in the USA. Bono sung "zoo airport" in Zoo Station. Indian Summer Sky was on the setlist but got shaved when the plane disintegrated.

:laugh:

Were they allowed entry into the USA upon their successful (?!?!?!) parachute landing?

Venue: Pacific Ocean

Main set: Walk To The Water

Comments: After the plane disintegrates, U2 drown in the Pacific Ocean. As he goes under, Bono hums Walk To The Water. The fish respond strong back. He was going to also hum The Ocean but due to lifetime curfew the set was shaved.

This is making it so hard to work, I hope you guys realise that.

Fuck my essay's boring.

Venue: Rundle Mall

Main Set: All You Need is Love, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, All Along the Watchtower, Ruby Tuesday, Candle in the Wind

Comments: U2 perform in front of the Make Poverty History stand, and play some of the hits they are most famous for.

The Sad Punk said:
Venue: Rundle Mall

Main Set: All You Need is Love, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, All Along the Watchtower, Ruby Tuesday, Candle in the Wind

Comments: U2 perform in front of the Make Poverty History stand, and play some of the hits they are most famous for.

Is the encore Pride For The Name Of Luv? :love:

Venue: Bono's church

Setlist: Beautiful Day, Gloria, Wake Up Dead Man, Rejoice, All You Need Is Love, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Sunday Bloody Sunday, Love Rescue Me, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Encore: 40 - Grace

Comments: The last show of tour is Bono and Edge performing at Bono's church. The show starts at 4pm. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For closes the main set and is performed with the church's choir. The band bring back Rejoice and Love Rescue Me, which haven't been played in 6 years. Because the show runs overtime, the encore is shaved. It was meant to start with God Part II.

The Sad Punk said:

Unconfirmed, however it was reported that near the end of the set Bono began to 'improvise' some unknown lyrics... could U2 have written new material already?

On the bootleg, you can hear one of the lines, it's "I'm ready for the ball and the bat/I'm ready for the ... ac-ro-bat". OMG U 2 R GUNNA DEBYEW AKROBATT. :hyper: :hyper:

Axver said:
Venue: Pacific Ocean

Main set: Walk To The Water

Comments: After the plane disintegrates, U2 drown in the Pacific Ocean. As he goes under, Bono hums Walk To The Water. The fish respond strong back. He was going to also hum The Ocean but due to lifetime curfew the set was shaved.

Venue: Pirate Ship

Main Set: Dying Sailor to His Shipmates

Comments: As U2 are drowning in the Pacific they are picked up by a band of pirates. Bono calls them by singing his "Hmmmmmmmmm" on an low register. As they are picked up, Bono begins to sing a new song, however this is shaved when the pirates throw them in the hold.

Axver said:
Thanks, but Pimm Jal de la Parra really deserves that title. I could only dream of putting out something like the U2 Live book.
I think I have that. Weighs a fricking ton and nowhere near enough cool photos for something that size. :|

No, didn't see your post before about the 2D thing...?

I texted Cin too, no response yet. Of course, I might have got the number wrong... wouldn't be the first time!

Axver said:
Bad between LNOE and LAPOE?! Fast Cars into One Step Closer?!
Maybe he was thinking of the Linkin Park song instead?

And those were just totally random. I think he must actually have been deaf.
I used to be in this email roleplaying group... one of the others in it was a deaf woman, and all her characters had very very long, elaborate and thoroughly unpronounceable names. Just cos she thought they looked cool... :shrug:

Alisaura said:

I think I have that. Weighs a fricking ton and nowhere near enough cool photos for something that size. :|

No, didn't see your post before about the 2D thing...?

I texted Cin too, no response yet. Of course, I might have got the number wrong... wouldn't be the first time!

I have an old edition, from before Popmart. It's a reasonably sized paperback, and I feel it's got a good amount of illustrations, but then, I'm sure I have a different definition of what the ideal quantity would be. :wink:

I'll go back and dig up the post ...

Here we go, Ali.

Axver said:
Oh, and I found out why I saw everything in 2D! You lot can even watch the movie how I saw it - just close one eye. Ali mentioned she got this effect at one point when she did that.

Basically, unlike normal people whose eyes work together to create one image, mine don't focus properly. My right eye is dominant, and since my eyes do not process into one image the fields of view seen by each eye, my brain just takes what my right eye sees. So with just what the right eye sees, I get U2 2D.

I've explained it badly, but hopefully that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom