Bored of the tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be bored also if i would go to more than two shows,..that is why i go only to two shows and guess what ? I am happy that i will not miss a lot of song because they playing the same songs every night :up:

..almost the same songs :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
Maybe U2 should retire just so nobody is bored with them.
And we can all praise Gwen Stefani muzzziak! :wink:

Yeah, just imagine if U2 retired. Then who would we have. Rolling Stones at age 80?

I'm going to four shows in a row in the Fall. I figure they will change up the setlists during those shows. However, I imagine that once I see those I will have had my fill.

i think the people who go to 2+ shows are delusional if they believe that more than 5% of people are going to multiple shows

Interference isnt a true representation of what it is to be a U2 fan...if it was I think U2 would have threw in the towel a long time ago since nobody here is ever satisfied with anything....fact is that most people going to U2 shows are going to 1 show and why should the set be changed just for the 5-8 percent of people that may be there for multiple dates...it shouldnt.

I'm always surprised when people complain about the setlist (for any group). My theory is if a band likes the songs they are playing they will play them well and the show will be as good as it can be on the night (of course some nights aren't going to be as good as others, but that's true with everything). But if a band's playing songs just to change the setlist, they aren't going to do such a hot job of it.

So I want to hear what they want to play.

I saw a band (not U2) five times on five consecutive nights. They played the same setlist (a couple songs got dropped at two of the shows). Each of the shows was different -- even with the same setlist. I had a great time, and enjoyed every single show.

But if you get bored hearing the same setlist more than once or twice, perhaps you should only see them once or twice. :shrug:

* edited because I can't spell shrug :rolleyes:

Last edited:
RealXJT said:
I'm bored of the tour.. the only reason I'm holding on to the FALL leg tickets is hopes that Oasis will support, or Interpol.

Or -- maybe a better setlist..

I'm bored by this post :yawn:

Chizip said:
some of the Eurigo stadium shows haven't been sold out

As far as I know, all shows are sell-outs. However, U2 still has ticket drops on the day of the show. That's why you sometimes see posts by people that tickets for a concert are still available. But even those ticket drops sell out pretty quickly.

I don't understand the inability by many on here to grasp that there are some that feel disillsioned by U2 these days.

I am not one of them, but I can understand where many of them are coming from. Yes, it's true that U2 loses fans every time it gains one...but losing fans among the interference crowd is quite different.

Again, I am not in this demographic. Please read again, I still am a fan and love the band but feel it is ok to be critical.

cmb737 said:
I don't understand the inability by many on here to grasp that there are some that feel disillsioned by U2 these days.

I am not one of them, but I can understand where many of them are coming from. Yes, it's true that U2 loses fans every time it gains one...but losing fans among the interference crowd is quite different.

Again, I am not in this demographic. Please read again, I still am a fan and love the band but feel it is ok to be critical.

Excellent post:applaud:

cmb737 said:

its fine if people think U2 is crap now-- but to think that they have to change their setlist every night radically is ridiculous... i mean we never had as much coverage of any tour as we are having of this one-- bootlegs within 24 hours of some shows, instant setlists, etc

you know.. i'm a big fan of popmart.. i loved the official mexico video... so when me and my friend popped in santiago for the first time we were kinda "bored" by it because 99% of the concert was the same except i think maybe one song was replaced, and the mothers came on at the end.. fact is, U2 has never changed their setlist much from show to show.. the only thing now is that hardcore fans like us are overloading ourselves with the tour

I'm all for people thinking u2 suck, they can sell their shit, move on dont buy any concert tickets and free up tickets for people who want to go....

i just think that there are many many fans who can't go or and WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH to hear if they are coming to their country to perform...

people can diss u2, really i laugh at the hardcore fans here who crack it if you don't come after hearing them sing, but i love u2 and would LOVe to see them live.....

i would see them play vertigo 22 times in a row if i had too....

so instead of being an insensitive prick complaining like a greedy child who hoards its lollies but says its sick of sweets....i've two words for you...

guess them.

I would love to go to another show - wouldnt bother me if they played the same songs over and over for the next few concerts as I enjoy their music and just love listening to them. We did get the delight of Wild Horses in Glasgow, Scotland and I loved that and every other song. Send your tickets to this Scottish lady with two kids who are desperate to see them again!!!

in the end, I dont give a shit. Electric Co. is back, and it's amazing. Can't wait til the fall.

I've got a "Miracle Drug" for you: Leave this thread, forum and band - and go on an Oasis tour to find, what you're looking for. Whatever that is ...

bcrt2000 said:

its fine if people think U2 is crap now-- but to think that they have to change their setlist every night radically is ridiculous... i mean we never had as much coverage of any tour as we are having of this one-- bootlegs within 24 hours of some shows, instant setlists, etc

you know.. i'm a big fan of popmart.. i loved the official mexico video... so when me and my friend popped in santiago for the first time we were kinda "bored" by it because 99% of the concert was the same except i think maybe one song was replaced, and the mothers came on at the end.. fact is, U2 has never changed their setlist much from show to show.. the only thing now is that hardcore fans like us are overloading ourselves with the tour

well i think herein lies the problem. U2 has always adapted with the times. and U2 has always talked a big game. this time around we heard quotes from the band about how they were going to change it up. if my calculations are correct - elevation tour at this point had 35 different original songs played and guess what, vertigo has 35 original songs played as well. but i'm a fan who realizes you can't believe a word bono says about song selection, yet these quotes were from the other band members. i think that has many of us disappointed. and it's not like we don't appreciate the old songs from boy coming back and other dusted off relics, but its the fact that U2 has pretty much turned its back on 4 of their last 6 albums. if you take ab and htaab out of the equation, U2 has played 3 total songs of r & h, zooropa, pop and atyclb. and this comes to my final point. we are in the era of the internet when fans knows the setlist almost before the band does. even common fans check out websites nowadays. i think this is where U2 has failed. they always pushed themselves to adapt with the times, and they said they would, and they have not. not that their shows arent still good, but U2 has a huge die hard fan base, and this may shock people, but the common fan actually attends more than one show. in nj1 i met a ton of people on the floor who had never seen U2 or only seen them once on the last tour and said they had tickets to both nights. and for msg shows later on.

i guess it comes down to some people just don't care if they play the same set or not. i'm a musician and i don't understand how a band could just neglect the majority of their catalog.

Vervefloyd said:

well i think herein lies the problem. U2 has always adapted with the times. and U2 has always talked a big game. this time around we heard quotes from the band about how they were going to change it up. if my calculations are correct - elevation tour at this point had 35 different original songs played and guess what, vertigo has 35 original songs played as well. but i'm a fan who realizes you can't believe a word bono says about song selection, yet these quotes were from the other band members. i think that has many of us disappointed. and it's not like we don't appreciate the old songs from boy coming back and other dusted off relics, but its the fact that U2 has pretty much turned its back on 4 of their last 6 albums. if you take ab and htaab out of the equation, U2 has played 3 total songs of r & h, zooropa, pop and atyclb. and this comes to my final point. we are in the era of the internet when fans knows the setlist almost before the band does. even common fans check out websites nowadays. i think this is where U2 has failed. they always pushed themselves to adapt with the times, and they said they would, and they have not. not that their shows arent still good, but U2 has a huge die hard fan base, and this may shock people, but the common fan actually attends more than one show. in nj1 i met a ton of people on the floor who had never seen U2 or only seen them once on the last tour and said they had tickets to both nights. and for msg shows later on.

i guess it comes down to some people just don't care if they play the same set or not. i'm a musician and i don't understand how a band could just neglect the majority of their catalog.
but they have turned their music to the times, ATYCLB AND HTDAAB, are albums for the current time, i think your wrong in your assesment that even casual fans check websites from day to day, because they dont, they have lives, i posted some evidence in the "four in a row" thread from the ZooTv tour, that shows U2 played the same set 2 nights in a row, in the same city, well guess what, we havent had that on the vertigo tour, we have had at least 2 new songs from the previous night,

so imo those that are "dissapointed" go and find yourself someone new to enjoy, because obviously you arent getting what you want from U2 anymore, but are spoiling some people enjoyment of this tour, because evertime they log on there guranteed a "oh am bored of this tour" "oh why dont they change it" "oh i wish it was ZooTv" bla bla bla, and heres where the posts saying "well there all legitimet discussions, yes of course they are. but fans dont moan about everything, every hour of day

KUEFC09U2 said:

so imo those that are "dissapointed" go and find yourself someone new to enjoy, because obviously you arent getting what you want from U2 anymore, but are spoiling some people enjoyment of this tour, because evertime they log on there guranteed a "oh am bored of this tour" "oh why dont they change it" "oh i wish it was ZooTv" bla bla bla, and heres where the posts saying "well there all legitimet discussions, yes of course they are. but fans dont moan about everything, every hour of day

Actually a lot of fans do complain -- a lot. But I can't understand why their complaints would spoil anyone else's enjoyment of the tour. How pathetic to allow someone else's opinion of the any aspect of a band you like to spoil the experience for you.

For example the title of this thread is a dead give away to the content. So if reading that someone else is bored with this tour is going to spoil your enjoyment -- don't open the thread. :shrug: If you know from the title of the thread that reading it will spoil your enjoyment, and you still open it and read it -- then it's your own damned fault! The same goes for someone who know he/she doesn't like to hear essentially the same setlist over and over, but goes to four or five shows. You can both say you don't like it, but in each case you both were at least partially responsible for your own disappointment.

So there. Now that I've enlightened you, go off and have a good time. :)

i think u2 needs a power full album to tour after, so blame it on the new albums atyclb/htdaab!!

the only good parts of the tour are when they play the old songs off war/jt/ab/pop!!!!!!!!

I said this once earlier but I think it still holds... I do believe that some of the complaints may not be totally based on lack of setlist changes--but the basic setlist itself. If U2 were playing more "fan favorites"--Bad, UTEOTW, Stay (all of which were played a lot on the last tour and I'm guessing are now taking a rest)--in the basic set then I dunno if people would be so upset. Instead we have Pride, ISHF, and others that people, at least here, are sick of.

And if you really don't like hearing the same set multiple times, may I suggest seeing them in cities where they are playing multiple nights (if you can). I'm really excited to see what they come up with in Amsterdam.

My only grievance is that there has been no cover songs this tour. Love 'em or hate 'em, past covers like Southern Man, Helter Skelter, What's Going On, Help, Stand By Me or Satellite Of Love at least have shaken up the set list and have often been very relevant. My personal wish would be to hear the Police's Invisible Sun. But they already have a song that starts off with counting so that's unlikely. Maybe a Clash song. Or Zep.

I'm really excited to see what they come up with in Amsterdam. [/B]

as I will be at all three of them..so will I. :dancing: But i will be happy with any setlist (Seriously am hoping for Bad though)

Lemonfix said:
I said this once earlier but I think it still holds... I do believe that some of the complaints may not be totally based on lack of setlist changes--but the basic setlist itself. If U2 were playing more "fan favorites"--Bad, UTEOTW, Stay (all of which were played a lot on the last tour and I'm guessing are now taking a rest)--in the basic set then I dunno if people would be so upset. Instead we have Pride, ISHF, and others that people, at least here, are sick of.

And if you really don't like hearing the same set multiple times, may I suggest seeing them in cities where they are playing multiple nights (if you can). I'm really excited to see what they come up with in Amsterdam.

imo we need LESS fan favourites.. i don't want a greatest hits show.. if i wanted that i'd put in the best of 1990-2000 in my CD player

Back
Top Bottom