Bono's voice on this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
Well, the tour is over and I give Bono's voice (all things considered) an A-. To my knowledge, Bono never completely lost his voice like he did on the Popmart Tour. I guess there was something to that allergy thing.

What do you all think?

It got a little rough around the edges, and he lost the high end, but he held on pretty well, considering all the back to back shows. Also considering he started with a slight sore throat at rehearsals in Miami. In many ways his voice has matured and this makes up for the notes he can't get now.

Sure he's taking care of it best he can, but a good rest now would probably help!

I look back to before the tour started and the first couple of weeks of the tour remember the naysayers here. They were saying things like, Bono's voice is not going to hold out on this tour. U2 play the same old songs and there is no variation in the setlist. U2 will not play Kite live because Bono's voice cant take the chorus night after night.

Well looking back, everyone one of these comments was proven wrong. It just shows you need to have a little more faith in the band. They very seldom fail to deliver or surprise us.

I saw U2 at POP in Vegas, what a difference! I must say I was so impressed at Bono's voice both 1st leg and 3rd leg, it most definitely held up.
And yes, Blue Room, I never once responded to one of those "setlist" threads, cuz I could never could understand it, this tour was unbelievable in EVERY way, it was better than I had hoped it would be.
No complaints here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom