Bonos voice on new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's voice is the best part of the album, in my opinion. Not that there's anything wrong with the album - everyone brought their a-game this time. But it was certainly the biggest surprise. Did he, like, quit smoking or something? Also drinking and talking? Cuz this is the best he's sounded in, well, nearly EVER.

t (the Grammy section with "No, not right now" was excellent - haven't heard some good Bono screams in a while). .

:drool: agree. that shit was hawt.

I just gotta say his voice on No Line on BBC is EXCELLENT. Don't think we have anything to worry about live. REWIIIIIIIIIIND :drool:

I love his voice on Magnificent :hyper: then he changes it on MOS :drool: and it fits perfectly. Then dropping down on White as Snow and Cedars is truly phenomenal.
I think his voice is just fine. I love the part in the title track NLOTH where he sings, "then she puts her tongue in my ear and the way he sings ohahhh in that high pitchy note. It rocks. He'll be just fine in concert. 2 or 3 shows in, that is.
Unless he decides to start liking rehearsals, which he said during the Bomb tour, he hates to do. Then he'll be ok first night :wink:

Man, if just a few of the dozens of "Ohhhs" on this album where "hohhhs" instead (his wordless melancholy howls), Bono would have really sounded like the Bono of old. Just wishing. Yes, his voice was great on this album assuming his gravely over-the-top singing on the verses of MOS was intentional which I'm sure it was. A truly moving song.

bono's live singing voice is not doing so great ... why does he write such verbose lyrics that leave him out of breath and have him shouting the song (Vertigo, Breathe, GOYB, etc.) ... the Breathe performance from the french program tanked.

Seriously, dude, there is no way you actually watched that performance and thought it tanked. For real? :doh::doh: Bono killed that song, he was amazing, for the first time performing it live, he owned it, and brought that amazing song to an even greater level. Not an easy song to perform live, and yet he made it seem effortless. His voice is phenomenal right now, I just hope he can keep it up for the long tour that lies ahead.

yeah.......really....what performance were you watching? the band killed that song.

bono's live singing voice is not doing so great ... why does he write such verbose lyrics that leave him out of breath and have him shouting the song (Vertigo, Breathe, GOYB, etc.) ... the Breathe performance from the french program tanked.

If by "tanked" you mean drove a tank into the middle of the auditorium and blew shit up in an explosion of awesomeness, then yes, the Breathe performance tanked.

The lyrics to Breathe are the best on the album. And the live performance was outstanding in terms of musicality.

:drool: Right now Im listen to NLOTH live and Im ready to say that Bono havent sing better in his life. JT had power and scream. Today Bono got high clean full open voice, techniques and still also can scream and have power. On "I’m trying to rewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind" he sounds so young and amazing!

whatever, i said i like bono's voice but it sucks that edge is MIA. someone commented on me smoking crack for thinking that and i commented back on why i think that. now im a troll and negative because im not full blown positive? You people cant handle any criticism about your precious U2 and Im the baby right?

my story hasnt changed since i heard this thing

Bono is in top form (singing)
Larry and Adam are in top form
Where the fuck is Edge?
Eno/Lanois crossed their boundaries.

It must be quiet in your troll cave.......

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom