Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion for U2's management, but perhaps the CLAW ramps could be equipped with guard rails to prevent any future falls? Either that, or Bono could wear a suit of Nerf material instead of lights. Just sayin'.

bonotimmay.jpg

OMG.

... Jesus... we even know if he's gonna to be really ok... and u want the dates of the tour now... I'm sorry but i can't understand what's the hurry...:ohmy: i don't believe they're going to let any date away if Bono gets better... but maybe u'll have to wait a little while...

i'm sorry... but...come on :reject::reject:
let's pray for him, not for the tour dates :ohmy:

Had to leave the house for a few hours so I skipped to the last couple of pages of this thread when I got home. Bacon sandwiches and bouncy houses? Must be no news. :crack:

Just had a moment to look at all the posts. WOW!!! What a day!!! It is now 12:50 am in the morning in Ireland and hopefully Bono is resting quietly. But WTF??? How come we haven't heard anything??? I am going nuts right now!!!:crazy: Wanted to comment on a few posts so please be patient with me. This is the only time I can go onto this website!

I am handling this one one minute at a time; 30 second of doing work, 15 seconds of checking the boards and 15 second of checking e-mail to see if someone has an answer for me.

Must be nice to check all these posts at work...I have big Brother at my workplace!!!:wink:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
bonoped.jpg

Not too bad...Between Sicy's Segway and this scooter, Bono will be able to manouver around the stage quite nicely. I still get visions of bubbles or confetti coming from the back though...

I would love it if Paul made a statement that included our favorite phrase:

"I know all fans have many questions, primarily - IS BONO OKAY?" And then of course, tell us he is. :wink:

Exactly. After 3 days since the original announcement it really seems like the entire U2 camp have gone to ground. Not a reassuring word from anyone - fellow bandmates, PRs, McG, Willie Williams, Friday, Sam O etc. Equally not a word of bad news either. U2 have been a big part of my life for the past 23 years and I make no apologies about giving a s%$@ about Bono's health. Please someone say something.

:gah::panic:I am beginning to feel like this now...is Bono OK? That's all I want to know at this point!!!!

from atu2.com

Postscript #2: Greg Gunn, the fan in Salt Lake City who was sharing video of the stage construction at Rice-Eccles earlier this week, has posted an update on Twitter that says one of the U2 360 truck drivers told him they're relocating to Minneapolis. We'd caution against assuming that all shows before Minneapolis on June 27th will be postponed. Keep in mind that there are three stages in use on the tour.

Postscript #3: Over the weekend, Greg posted again to say that the trucks were not going to Minneapolis after all, and instead were staying at Rice-Eccles Stadium until they receive new instructions.

So no real news there. Like Tom Petty said: "The waiting is the hardest part..."

Saw this on another site...

1zvvers.jpg

:applaud:This looks like fun!!!

I'm not a big fan of cliches but....hopefully no news is good news!

I need that bouncy house for my daughters birthday party:applaud:

I hope you are right about the no news is good news. :| My patience is wearing thin!!!

My son's birthday is 2 weeks from today. I might follow U2Mama's lead and borrow that bouncy house with the claw.

Just a suggestion for U2's management, but perhaps the CLAW ramps could be equipped with guard rails to prevent any future falls? Either that, or Bono could wear a suit of Nerf material instead of lights. Just sayin'.

OMG.

To heck with the Nerf material. There is always BUBBLE WRAP!!! (That's what I tell my students at school...)

:lol: How many times do you think we'll have to press it to get an update?

Probably as often as we hit our F5 keys for blue crack updates...

To heck with the Nerf material. There is always BUBBLE WRAP!!! (That's what I tell my students at school...)

Bubble wrap! First thing that came to mind was "Dude, Where's My Car?" :lmao:
dudemeet020nc.jpg

Ah yes, but they tried that already during the Popmart era and it ended up being far too much trouble/tempation for the PLEBAns..

u2rocks95nowg.jpg

Probably as often as we hit our F5 keys for blue crack updates...

Bubble wrap! First thing that came to mind was "Dude, Where's My Car?" :lmao:
dudemeet020nc.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG!!! I have to save that onto my computer and bring that to school tomorrow!!! Living proof that I can attempt to save my students from the perils of gym class!!!

Possibly the issue is that they know that the will have to postpone shows but would rather handle the whole thing at once by arranging the make-up dates and then announcing the postponed shows and what and where the make-up dates would be.

Possibly the issue is that they know that the will have to postpone shows but would rather handle the whole thing at once by arranging the make-up dates and then announcing the postponed shows and what and where the make-up dates would be.

I'm not sure it will be possible with this short notice to already be able to announce the make-up dates. They couldn't even do that when they had to postpone the Aussie/NZ/Hawaii shows during Vertigo. It took a few months to sort that out.

Someone told me why don't they move the SLC show to June 9 or 10, the gap between Anaheim and Denver (if no more dates are postponed). For me, I have no clue where that date will go.

Someone told me why don't they move the SLC show to June 9 or 10, the gap between Anaheim and Denver (if no more dates are postponed). For me, I have no clue where that date will go.

The need days off. Bono's voice needs days off between shows. There is no guarantee that the Anaheim and Denver shows will take place. At this point it is still up in the air. The SLC show was a last minute addition.

If they do start in Anaheim, they may just cancel SLC. But if they postpone SLC, Anaheim, Denver... they may reschedule. If they postpost the whole leg, chances are they would reschedule the whole leg.

Paul McG should come out with a "Bono made it thru surgery, he is resting now. I will tell you something about the tour when there is something to report. Please be patient" Us fans giving a damn about Bono and U2 is what made them who they are. A little news is not too much too ask. If there were no tour and no ablum being written - like 2007 -we would still care just as much as we do now. Please guys! On Tuesday: some news about our boy! :angry:

Please tell me people aren't going to start being actually angry about there being no updates. He had surgery on Friday - can we save the anger until it's been a week or something?

I know people are concerned, and people need to figure out travel plans, but I don't think anger is in any way appropriate.

Not sure if the poster above me is actually angry, but on this site? I can totally see it happening.

let's all just go stir-crazy with anxious silliness instead, k? ;)

The need days off. Bono's voice needs days off between shows. There is no guarantee that the Anaheim and Denver shows will take place. At this point it is still up in the air. The SLC show was a last minute addition.

If they do start in Anaheim, they may just cancel SLC. But if they postpone SLC, Anaheim, Denver... they may reschedule. If they postpone the whole leg, chances are they would reschedule the whole leg.

I'll agree here. Just need to know Bono's status, and from there the plans can be made.

If they do start in Anaheim, they may just cancel SLC. But if they postpone SLC, Anaheim, Denver... they may reschedule. If they postpost the whole leg, chances are they would reschedule the whole leg.

Considering a lot of the cities that are being played have not had a show yet on the tour.

Just caught up on the thread, home from work.
Sorry to interrupt but that Facebook group "Support for Bono's Back Problem" sounds like they are selling ACE bandages

Not joining just because of the title. :reject:

It should be "well wishes for Bono's recovery" or something like that. Ya?
Whateva.

Please tell me people aren't going to start being actually angry about there being no updates. He had surgery on Friday - can we save the anger until it's been a week or something?

I know people are concerned, and people need to figure out travel plans, but I don't think anger is in any way appropriate.

Not sure if the poster above me is actually angry, but on this site? I can totally see it happening.

let's all just go stir-crazy with anxious silliness instead, k? ;)

cori, remember this interference. people will bitch about anything and everything. Thank God McGuinness did not release a handwritten statement on Friday, otherwise people here would start analyzing his handwriting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom