bono's house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's scary. They even have a picture of his gates! I wouldn't be happy if I was him!

actually those things are made by fans, not by the people who work for googleearth... you can send in pictures of a location...

u2jesusgirl said:
Did you know that Google Earth's newer version actually has Bono's house listed on there with a "Google push pin"? I was totally surprised!!! I wonder if he is aware of this, because I would think if he did know, he would have it taken off..... Like I said, I was really shocked...

I have goggle earth but haven't used it lately, so I went and checked and those 'push pins' of 'the entrence to Bono's house' and the actual house are a little of the mark, especially the 'push pin' of Bono's house, it's waaay off! Which is just as well!! :yes: I know the exact location of both but I ain't telling!! :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I have goggle earth but haven't used it lately, so I went and checked and those 'push pins' of 'the entrence to Bono's house' and the actual house are a little of the mark, especially the 'push pin' of Bono's house, it's waaay off! Which is just as well!! :yes: I know the exact location of both but I ain't telling!! :wink:

Yes you are right on that one. It is way off. except if you follow the link from the push pin it takes you to this..which shows the correct house.

http://maps.pomocnik.com/bonos-house-killiney-irland/

But then if you click on the picture of his house it takes you to the wrong house. lol....

I took these in October ....

IMG_0898.jpg

Jeannieco said:

Yes! Respect is the name of the game. I could never even think about approaching his home. Studio? Yes, concert venue, yes....
but I wouldn't dream of intruding on his family time. I would feel like Bona Vox, extremely guilty for even being in the vincinity even if it was a mistake!

I'd feel guilty, too, if the Hewsons would find me reading their gates and presumably trespassing on their turf. I understand how you felt.

I was in Dublin one day last June, and finally decided to just see the city and maaaaybe see a band member (a girl can always dream. Odds were long but I just couldn't stand on Vico and drool on myself. Let them come to me! Or at least, walk past me on the street).

So we went to the Viking museum in town, ate a lovely lunch in a pub, posed for pics in front of The Clarence, and went to the beach for the afternoon. Yeah - Killiney. I could see the house, but I was on a public beach, so my conscience was clear. I had fun beach combing (brought home a few rounded rocks) and marveling at the tough people braving the cold water. I have a pic of Bono's house, and that's probably as close as I'll ever get to him. I'm satisfied.

I am going to go by Bono's home when I am in Ireland this fall, because I am so intrigued about the design of the gate and all the wording on it. I have always wanted to see that in person. I will also visit the Clarence and walk around Dublin to see some of the "U2" places on the Rock and Roll Walking Tour. I'm not going to be a groupie and sleep on the ground waiting for them to come out of their homes or studio.

I agree Rini, just being there, taking a few photos and I'll be satisfied that I visited and can say I've been there. (I would REALLY love to see U2 Live in Dublin though!) :wink:

I see nothing wrong in visiting Bono's house just to take pics of the yourself standing out side his gates! :whistle: Coz just like the beach below, there's a public road going right by his gates, there's no private road leading up to the gates and Bono's property doesn't start until after said gates!! So has far has I'm concerned, you're not trespassing at all!!! :shrug:

Hope you have a lovely trip and good wheather Carek!! :wink:

We're going to Dublin in September.

Just going to his gates, get a quick photo. 10 minutes maximum near his house, then head to the beach or prolly look around the village.

waynetravis said:

Just going to his gates, get a quick photo. 10 minutes maximum near his house, then head to the beach or prolly look around the village.

Hope you have an awesome time, wt. and that you experience some nice surprises while there. Don't forget to post pix here of your fun....(wish i were travelling some!)
:up:

waynetravis said:

You should do what we did and walk up the Vico road from Dalkey to Killiney. It's a lovely walk with some great scenery (so long as it's not too foggy!) and many beautiful homes. Or maybe do the opposite and walk from Killiney to Dalkey!! :wink: Just a suggestion. Hope you have a lovely time! Don't forget to visit the Irish Rock 'n Roll hall of Fame!! :sexywink:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

You should do what we did and walk up the Vico road from Dalkey to Killiney. It's a lovely walk with some great scenery (so long as it's not too foggy!) and many beautiful homes. Or maybe do the opposite and walk from Killiney to Dalkey!! :wink: Just a suggestion. Hope you have a lovely time! Don't forget to visit the Irish Rock 'n Roll hall of Fame!! :sexywink:

Hey all! I am going to Dublin the first week of October!
Thank you for the pointers hcbiggs!
Is the Irish rock n roll hall of fame Hanover Quay? :scratch:

Jeannieco said:

Hey all! I am going to Dublin the first week of October!
Thank you for the pointers hcbiggs!
Is the Irish rock n roll hall of fame Hanover Quay? :scratch:

No it's not. If I remember correctly it's in the same building as the Hot Press officies which you'll find at 13 Trinity Street which is just off Dame street south of the Temple bar district, if you can tear yourself away from all the great little record shops there!?! :wink:

Have a wonderful trip! :wave: To be in Dublin in August, oh the memories!! :drool:

The Irish Rock & Roll Hall of Fame closed a few years ago.

For those of you going to see Bono's gates security there will move you almost immediately away from the gates, my advice look from across the road and take your photos quickly and move!
Once you take the photos you will be asked to leave. When we walked past in June some fans were hanging around and as we got near we heard them being told to leave!

Just one more thing PLEASE don't scribble on the gates or the walls on Vico Road (the walls along the road looked like they ahd been jet washed) as it just looks awful, leave your messages at HQ on the wall OPPOSITE the studio fans are now writing on the doors into the studios!!

You must go to Dalkey and into Finnegans and Queens for a few Guinness you never know who may be in!!:wink:

Bono's Tart said:

For those of you going to see Bono's gates security there will move you almost immediately away from the gates, my advice look from across the road and take your photos quickly and move!
Once you take the photos you will be asked to leave. When we walked past in June some fans were hanging around and as we got near we heard them being told to leave!

Just one more thing PLEASE don't scribble on the gates or the walls on Vico Road (the walls along the road looked like they ahd been jet washed) as it just looks awful, leave your messages at HQ on the wall OPPOSITE the studio fans are now writing on the doors into the studios!!

You must go to Dalkey and into Finnegans and Queens for a few Guinness you never know who may be in!!:wink:

Thanks for all the great tips!
Will do!
I am praying that I will run in to one of them on birthday... it's a on a Wed.
I will definitely be making the pub rounds! :)

any more tips anybody???

Carek1230 said:

I agree Rini, just being there, taking a few photos and I'll be satisfied that I visited and can say I've been there. (I would REALLY love to see U2 Live in Dublin though!) :wink:

Wouldn't that be great! I hope you get to!

Here's hubby and me in front of some hotel...I dunno what it was...

507yl42.jpg

We walked in and down the hall to look at the menu (glanced into the dining room), noticed the prices, and shot out the back door! Umm, we weren't dressed for the occasion... :whistle:

I hope to have a picture right where you are standing! I'll have to post it too! I'd love to have a drink in the bar or tea, I figure most everything at the Clarence is much too expensive for my meager budget. I just want to see it and say I've been there like seeing Bono's house and gates.

Bono's Tart said:

Oh I didn't know it had been closed! Not that I'm really surprised coz it wasn't anything much to write home about, except for the U2 section, not that I'm criticising the Irish music culture or anything but the management and layout of the exhibits weren't very professional. When we went through, with our headphones (very high tech. :wink: ) it wasn't until the 'end' that we noticed that we'd started the tour the wrong way round!! :huh:

Bono's Tart said:

I guess security has tighten up since I visited 6 years ago. But I still say that one should be able to stand just a few metres away from the gates for a couple of minutes to take some photos without any problem. :camera:

For any body interested in finding out about Dublin history should visit the Dublinia museum (unless that's been closed down too!?! :uhoh: ) that has exhibits of what life was like in Dublin during the medieval times. Here's the pamphlet....

Dubliniabrochuer.jpg

Dubliniambrochuer.jpg

You can also visit the Christchurch cathedral (so long has it's not a Sunday and mass as started) and walk up the bell tower. :wink:

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:
Now see, if I were there, I'd probably do something weird like put sunglasses on that little bitty bush and pretend to have a conversation with it, and then have my photo taken :lol:

What a great idea, DreamOutLoud13. That would have made even a more fun picture. Then post it for all of us to enjoy (hug the bush while holding up two fingers?).

May you have a wonderful birthday in Dublin, Jeannieco, and may your birthday wish come true! :sexywink:

Rini said:
What a great idea, DreamOutLoud13. That would have made even a more fun picture. Then post it for all of us to enjoy (hug the bush while holding up two fingers?).
Yes! A bush named Bono :lmao: Although I won't be getting my tail to Dublin anytime soon, I'm now tempted to find a similar bush around here and do that, just for the heck of it :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Yes! A bush named Bono :lmao: Although I won't be getting my tail to Dublin anytime soon, I'm now tempted to find a similar bush around here and do that, just for the heck of it :wink:

A new way to identify PLEBAns - bushes with shades!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom