Bono's hair looking really thin in a recent picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get it, I get it. My life is incomplete if I cannot appreciate Rush.

Poor me. My life will never be complete.

In MY opinion (I am allowed to have one, right?) I do not like Rush. I respect those that do, but nothing anyone says is going to change my opinion. I have heard a lot of their songs, as most Canadians have, and I don't care for them. I am not dismissing them.

Ok lookit you two.. :hug:

Of course yer allowed to have an opinion but one of ya bases her opinion on one of their albums that she had to play to get thru GH, and the other hasn't seen them live but says Interpol is better live. That's reaching just a bit and you can hardly say that either of your opinions (one, on the songs, and the other, on their live show) are truly, I dunno, informed?..

So like, yeah. There's no way in frickin hell Interpol is better live - first off they'd have to have at least 5 songs better than Rush's top 5 and second of all Interpol is boring as shit, outside of the guitar player (I suppose), and third of all Rush is very good with the audience, has an amazing sense of humour/takes the piss out of themselves repeatedly during segues breaks in the show and it's generally just a really good time all round.

I'm not even a huge rock music head per se. And I get that some hate Geddy's old high voice - which I might add he barely uses any more, he sings more middle register now. But trust me, Rush is one of the better live shows I've ever seen, across any genre. They're quite good live.

Well I think you're wrong and ignorant about Interpol but you don't hear me jumping up and down about it!

Have you listened to more than one of Interpol's albums? Even one?

Sometimes, you don't care for a band, and you shouldn't have to listen to their entire discography in the off chance you'll change your opinion.

If I've never heard much of an artist's songs before seeing them live, I base my decision to listen to them further on whether or not they convinced me when I see their show. If their show failed to convince me, which I would imagine contained what they felt to be the best sample of their songs across a variety of albums, then I wouldn't take it any further, because pretty much anyone can make a decent studio album. I have to be convinced live, that's all there is to it.

Conversely, I've had great impressions of bands from studio recordings and then been quite underwhelmed when I saw them live. My subsequent interest in listening to their recordings dropped somewhat after that experience, also.

Fairly confident that makes a ton of sense.

As for this statement:

Sometimes, you don't care for a band, and you shouldn't have to listen to their entire discography in the off chance you'll change your opinion.

Rush has at least 2-3 different phases of music. 2112 represents them pretty early out. Move away from Rush for a sec and back onto U2. If someone said to you "I hate U2 I listened to October and jesus what a mess, I don't need to listen to another album of theirs to know I hate them" and then another person who hadn't even seen U2 said "Interpol is better live than U2"...just how much weight would you put on that kind of opinion? There is such a thing as a reasonably informed opinion, right?

:crack:

I didn't say they were better, I said that I'd rather see Interpol. Personal OPINION.

You know as well as I do that as a Canadian, I have heard a lot of Rush. I choose not to see them because I don't like them. Seriously.

You know as well as I do that as a Canadian, I have heard a lot of Rush.

Really? Huh. That's like the Hip (who I think are absolutely dreadful, but have heard do a good show lol)..people assume because I'm Canadian I know all their music (I don't). Most of my friends don't like Rush or the Hip, and I'm only up north and in classic-rock-radio-land a bit in the summer, so I don't even really ever hear it on the radio. It's certainly not played on most of the stations down here (maybe Q107? I dunno I don't listen to that). It's certainly not something the people I know will throw on at a party or whatever.

To be honest after seeing them live in an arena in Toronto after having watched DVDs shot elsewhere in the world, I was a bit, I dunno, almost disappointed at how lukewarm the Canadian response was in comparison to crowds in Mexico, South America, Europe etc...the crowds were huge/stadiums, and the people were going bezerk singing to every word etc. In Toronto everyone around me was stoned :lol: Anyways I got the impression that they were loved more outside Canada than in..but I suppose it's easy to create that impression in the context of a professionally shot DVD, of course..:shrug:

Can we go back to Bono's baldness, fatness and hair plugs please? Because that was at least slightly interesting, as opposed to all this Rush bullshit.

For god's sake man you've said this at least once every single time Rush gets mentioned on this forum! :lol:

:wink:

I don't recall mentioning it before, but the old memory unit is not what it was (and I'm not a man). :D (And I don't like Rush.)

I believe there's a ghost of a chance that U2 will release an album this year, because Bono is spending too much time fretting about his hair.

digitize said:
I believe there's a ghost of a chance that U2 will release an album this year, because Bono is spending too much time fretting about his hair.

Well, iF is fretting about his hair, but based on that latest pic, he's not spending enough time fretting about it.

Bono- your hair means too much to all of us for you to let it go! Pay attention! Priorities- please!!

:sexywink:

Bono ate it a lot as a kid, since his brother worked at an airport. Back then he still had hair. Maybe Airline food causes hair loss.

Back
Top Bottom