Bono's Amps/Guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge10

The Fly
Does anyone have a list of the guitars and amps Bono used on 360? And pedals if he used any?

His electric guitars were the Gretsch Irish Falcon and the Fender Custom Shop Telecaster. I don't know what he would have used if he used any acoustic guitars.

His amp is a white Vox AC30, and the acoustic guitar is the one Phil always soundchecks. I don't know the brand, it's the black one.

right. And he also have a rack effect... but think he doesn't use that frequently...

Bono-Effects_Rack-Vertigo-1.jpg

That photo is of Bono's Vertigo tour rack. So there may have been some or many different elements for the 360 tour.

right. And he also have a rack effect... but think he doesn't use that frequently...

Bono-Effects_Rack-Vertigo-1.jpg

Bono's black acoustic is a Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. He's used one since the Elevation tour. He has a few of them.

Here's a pic from the Elevation tour
200120-20U220Elevation20Tour2F1st20Leg20North20America2F2001-05-0320-20Cleveland2028pictures20by20Daniel20Hazard292Fp1010069.jpg

Which he uses on One, Wild Horses, The Fly (solo), So Cruel and quite a few others.

Edge_Orchestra said:
That photo is of Bono's Vertigo tour rack. So there may have been some or many different elements for the 360 tour.

Bono's black acoustic is a Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. He's used one since the Elevation tour. He has a few of them.

Here's a pic from the Elevation tour

It's possible that he was not using the rack...

Only time I can recall him using a lot of effects was playing part of the outro solo for Gone on the Elevation Tour.

IMO, if you listen closely to 'The Fly' in Glastunbury, he has got some real solo sounding mix going on when Edge is doing the Solo part of that song, the sustain is very long. This sound is what interest me, as always even Bono has a unique sound... I really love that Custom Fender he is using.:drool:

It's possible that he was not using the rack...

As Bono usually has a bit of delay and reverb on his guitar, there was probably a rack.

In addition, there was some overdrive/distortion being used for songs like "No Line On The Horizon" and "The Fly".

Bono did use an Acoustic once of 360. Some people over look that. :D

Here is evidence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-67iJMNfKrM

He did used the Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. I don't think anyone disputed that.

But I've seen no evidence of Bono using during the 360 tour.

Last Night on Earth was probably the loudest his guitar was ever in the mix. That song would miss a lot of sound without his guitar parts.

Edge_Orchestra said:
As Bono usually has a bit of delay and reverb on his guitar, there was probably a rack.

In addition, there was some overdrive/distortion being used for songs like "No Line On The Horizon" and "The Fly".

He did used the Gibson Elvis Presley Dove. I don't think anyone disputed that.

But I've seen no evidence of Bono using during the 360 tour.

I didn't mean it as a dispute I was just sayin some of the people that I have talked to had forgot. With all do reason I mean he did only use it once...but I do wonder why he never used the other one...

I didn't mean it as a dispute I was just sayin some of the people that I have talked to had forgot. With all do reason I mean he did only use it once...but I do wonder why he never used the other one...

The clip that you posted was from August of 2010.

He could have taken delivery of the black Gibson J-200 some time later.

Off the top of my head, I'd have to look at videos, I don't remember Bono playing acoustic during the 2011 shows (at least not at the handful I attended).

I will have to look at some video, time permitting...

The clip that you posted was from August of 2010.

Off the top of my head, I'd have to look at videos, I don't remember Bono playing acoustic during the 2011 shows (at least not at the handful I attended).

I will have to look at some video, time permitting...

I have not seen anything of Bono playing Acoustic during 2011, keep in mind that they really geared the show towards a anniversary of Achtung, even before Glastunbury it was shaping up that direction, more of a greatest hits not so much promoting NLOTH.

Back
Top Bottom