Bono quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greety said:
Originally posted by Val

Can you tell me the source of this quote? Thanks.

He said that in the clip of the "making of Beautiful day", on the tarmac in the Paris' airport
[/QUOTE]

:hmm: do you happen to have that making of?

"I've always been really curious. As a child I'd look around corners, underneath things to find out what was underneath. As a man I now look down blouses, up skirts."

:lol:

^:lmao: Perpetually a teenager, is our Bono.
My favrites - the ones that make you go:TMI, Bono, TMI!

"I'm having way too much sex for my age."
"A man whose instrument holds mysterious powers over womenfolk.."
The above quote..

Bono Mot said:

:giggle: I hadn't read that one before!

Boston Elevation Dvd, it's about adam :)
and the other one :wink: I still have that piece of the interview where he said that... Brilliant! he shut two interviewers in once... :giggle: I never found the rest of the interview tho, you had to pay for it or so :eyebrow: why pay when you already got the best piece?

Thanks GG!

I swear, I can't stop laughing over the use of the word "womenfolk!" (Gotta get out that DVD!)

Devlin said:
"...mysterious powers over womenfolk.."

Babydoll said:
"I've always been really curious. As a child I'd look around corners, underneath things to find out what was underneath. As a man I now look down blouses, up skirts."

:lol:

So classic Bono flirt... do you know when he said this?:ohmy:

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, let me get into this" Bono pushes the microphone away, "Did you just say owl droppings?"

"How can you scream twenty floors down and still be heard? That is far out." Bono

greety said:
Originally posted by Val

Can you tell me the source of this quote? Thanks.

He said that in the clip of the "making of Beautiful day", on the tarmac in the Paris' airport
[/QUOTE]

thank you!

xtal said:
"Wait a minute, wait a minute, let me get into this" Bono pushes the microphone away, "Did you just say owl droppings?"

"How can you scream twenty floors down and still be heard? That is far out." Bono

these are new to me, where (when) are they from?

I always want to know which of Adam's instruments he's referring to, but I'm too curious for my own good..

Bono doesn't have sexual fantasies? Uh. Huh.
Then again, considering...
He might not. :giggle:

greety said:

these are new to me, where (when) are they from?

Hi Greety! Goedendag!

they were being interviewed on the radio, around the time of Achtung baby, I believe. It's on a video if I remember well, called: "U2 Achtung Baby, the videos and a whole lot of interference." (Anyone correct me if I got it wrong. :ohmy: )

I recently saw it listed on ebay for only GBP .99. It's a good one.
:up:

somone should add to the wikiquote.org site of all this... :D

What a city, what a night, what a crowd, what a bomb, what a mistake, what a wanker you have for a President.
Acceptance speech at the MTV Europe Music Awards, referring to French nuclear testing in Pacific (1996)

Last edited:
yea when the EMA's of 2005 were, they showed that clip!!!!! that was sooo funny :evil:

also, in a dutch interview when asked how chirac reacted in 2004 when Bono got knighted... they never mentioned the thingy :giggle: only chirac's advisor eyed him a bit..

btw, I think it's from 1994, not 96.. 96 was in euuuh elsewhere, and this was in Paris... they got the Best Alternative Album for Zooropa btw..

BrownEyedBoy said:
Bono got knighted? :scratch:

aye :) he became a chevalier le legion d'honneur, aka knight in the order of honor :)
in 2004 that was I think...
honneur28feb035th.jpg

wow, that's awesome! why hasn't he been knighted in the UK tho, seeing that he is a citizen of the commonwealth and is ruled by the Queen?

Babydoll said:
:reject:

what i meant was, ireland is still a part of the commonwealth though, the Queen is ruler of the UK and Eire.

Head of state for the UK (which includes Northern Ireland) but not Eire (Southern Ireland)

Eire is not part of the commonwealth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom