Bono made my yearbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Move in Mysterious Ways

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My school sent me my yearbook from my senior year of college (2002-2003). I opened it and there was Bono with the president of my school (Wheaton College). Ha, I think I'll cut the photos out and toss out the rest. He's also on the back cover, flashing a peace sign.

No, don't cut the yearbook. If you are really desperate for yet another Bono pic to your collection, scan it and print it on a high quality printer - don't cut out a yearbook.

Cheers,

J

Bono made the back of my yearbook... my high school one has a section in the back with events, fads, celebrities, etc. that were big that year, and Bono and Edge are back there :D

Sweet deal to both of you.

U2 made my yearbook one year, too...it was my...10th grade one, I believe-it talked about how their Elevation tour was one of the highest grossing tours of the year. :). No pictures, just a little blurb about them, but still very cool.

Angela

Bono was in mine too, it talked about his AIDS work in Africa and had that picture of him dancing with the African girl.

My yearbooks were filled with pretentious rich bitches. No Bono. Surprising for the all girls piece of catholic crap that it was.

I did not enjoy that place. :hmm:

The dancing pic was in everyone's yearbook last year, all the high school and middle school kids I know of. The year before it had a thing on the Elevation tour. There's some pre-made collage of yearly events that gets put in almost all yearbooks, I think.

Bono was in my senior high school year book twice. Actually, the first pic was the band, on the page about the year in music (2001-2002). Then there was a pic of him from some press conference or something when MDH came out and a little bit about him winning the MusiCares, I think. It was on the celebs page, I'm guessing.

The best part about it though . . . he was actually there. Great night. My roomate's still a stud for swiping the American Prayer soundboard.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
The best part about it though . . . he was actually there. Great night. My roomate's still a stud for swiping the American Prayer soundboard.

Yes he is, I am forever indebted to you guys not only for offering the only mp3 of the song, but also having my website shut down b/c of bandwidth consuption within minutes of posting the mp3.

:bow:

I have a friend here that works the soundboard and I think it's one of the best connections to have!

*edit: I've probably asked you this before, but does your roommate by chance have audio for the entire presentation? or just the song? I haven't been able to come up with any mp3s or complete video, even though the first Heart of America i went to was webcast, and the second (in a church) was taped by at least 20 people with handycams.

Last edited:
Bono was in my yearbook too! b/c he stopped in my town on the Heart of America tour...i freaked out when i saw how close he was in the paper the next day...i couldnt believe it...i hadnt seen it coming!

OK...the thing that everybody is probably talking about is called "World Beat." It's printed by the Jostens company. It is a mini magazine that is stuck inside the yearbook, and it is not part of the original print job and binding of the book. Students usually purchase this as an extra item. Now it might be done differently at other schools. I teach 7th graders, and I get the same yearbooks. Two years ago it had a picture of Edge and Bono and the caption was about the Elevation Tour being #1. Last year there was a picture of Bono dancing with an African girl and the caption was about his American Tour for AIDS awareness. But of course me being the U2 fan that I am, I was totally excited and showed my students. Especially those who did not understand why U2 performed at the Super Bowl two years ago and called them a bunch of old farts. When I showed them the picture, they didn't have really much to say after I proved them wrong. Those group of 7th graders were really big into rap and had no clue who U2 was. But I am happy to say that this year's group contains a lot who know U2. And they like them too!!!

Back
Top Bottom