Bono is a little too monogamous for my taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is hilarious.

Bono has pulled up a woman at almost every show since Zoo Tv or Zooropa. He did the same at Popmart and quite often during Elevation. Obviously he enjoys it and thinks it adds an intimacy or connection to the audience at the shows.

The instant info on every show has made it much more obvious and takes away the unexpectedness of the event.
I hope he doesn't read this shit and looses decides to loose something he enjoys out the tour.

PS at Cleveland there were people missing in action for most of the day, with 1 holding the line, that showed up at 5. I recognized some of them from Pittsburgh doing the same shit, but don't know any names.

edited to add:

I want an Tour Gnome for my yard.
I offer 25

boobs, bono, and the rest

ultravioletluvv said:
It's ALL Bono's fault!!!!

The man can't resist boobies!

Well, one thing I can say is....he does pick beautiful chicks....I mean, this Kemla gal and the rest sure aren't your average ladies. At least he can see a hot babe....you are right maybe.....the boobs might be it!

Harlequinn -

Thank you for posting here. I can only speak for what I heard in Boston and the incident I saw in the Detroit line. I was at Chicago on May 7 - and had seats for for May 9 and 10 (but could not go).

I saw you and your friend (If my memory from meeting you guys during Elevation...she is a HUGE Dylan and Bruce fan...right!?) at the Post Bar Parking Lot in the morning. Unfortunately...everyone who was at the Post Bar got royally screwed. When I saw you guys return, I thought "where have they been? - maybe someone is going to vouch for them" - and then this guy standing opposite of me in the fan line (who had JUST gotten there when the line formed at the arena) started shouting his head off. At that point...I just kinda did what Miroslava did...head forward - mind my own business.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions on the Boston deal. Indeed...I would like to clear that up - and will take it off-line.

*Ally* :

I see Chizip and Miroslava are to Vertigo as what *Ally* was to Elevation...DAMN good Line bitches.

as for high road...watch your comments about dorks on the rail looking at cell phones. ;)

U2ElevatesMe said:
No one I know has ever asked to be pulled up on stage.

:crack:

Asked? No. BEGGED? YES.

With huge signs that said things like "dance with me Bono because my brother Timmy had his leg amputated and fed to the neighbors dog"

...Or they put their arm out to Bono. THAT is asking for it. :D

Khelia,

This is the 2nd sister...

We don't want to sound catty or anything, jilly didn't even want to say anything at first but this whole thread just started escalating and anyway...

We knew that you were going to get on stage the second we saw you in line in SL and had no problem with that whatsoever. In fact after jilly's time up there, I think I would rather not get pulled up because I would look like a complete idiot. You on the other hand look great up there, you put on a great show so who cares - more power to you. The thing that we had a hard time with was the "cutting" in line. I know you were there all night after your flight arrived but you literally arrived 2 1/2 - 3 hours after we had been in line. We were only 4 people behind your group and no one asked us if it was ok if a select group stayed over night. I was happy to see that you did stay the night but it was upsetting the next morning to see a group of 4 or 5 turn into many more.

As for the line in NY, jilly never actually ran the line - just took over for a few minutes. And we NEVER let anyone on the list who was not physically present to sign their own name.

But we thank you for your information at the ets party - we asked you because we knew you had done it a few times and it payed off for us. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been in. I just wanted to be up close once this tour - it was my first time up there.

Zoney: i have already apologized for that comment, but will do so again. i was a jerk for saying that. however, immediately afterwards, i did everything in my power to rectify the situation. it seems that you are attempting to do something similar, by deleting some of your earlier posts in regards to this discussion. i suppose all we can do is learn from our mistakes, and hope that next time we'll act differently the first time around... :shrug:

as for being line bitch, i ruled on Elevation. :wink: but i was very relieved to have passed my torch on Vertigo...

Last edited:
I am confused about deleting posts...I do not have that power.

I have apologized for a conclusion I made...but I also know comments were deleted from the thread you made comments in before I got to read them. :shrug:

Maybe it was one of my friends (like you and Ruffian defending Harlequinn) defending my dorkiness.

Last edited:
It's a huge relief that this whole thing is deflating. Again, I really, really want to apologize if anyone thought I was bitching or whatever. I honestly re-read my posts like 4x before I pressed the "submit" button, and it's nice to see that a lot of these accusations have turned out to be false. While my opinions still stand about the absurdity of some girls "competing" to dance with Bono, it's good to know that these Interferencers aren't those girls. :up:

If only I'd gotten into the Ellipse more than once, Bono would have had the chance to pull me up because he liked my boobs.

:sad:

...boobies... hooray for boobies....

Edited because I just want to say it again, because it's funny.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS.

corianderstem said:
If only I'd gotten into the Ellipse more than once, Bono would have had the chance to pull me up because he liked my boobs.

...boobies... hooray for boobies....

Edited because I just want to say it again, because it's funny.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS.

I was in prime WOWY girl position (at the time) on the outer rail for 10/10 (not intentional, I swear)...he didn't pull anybody up that show! Have to stop wearing the black so the boobies show more... :sad:

:wink:

I was near the rail on 10/10 as well, about one or two heads back. There were two girls in front of me who seemed to be angling to catch Bono's eye (in a good way, I swear!). A nice guy even let one of them stand in front of him. It was kind of sweet.

Maybe one of them was you! :wink:

Wow, this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that we shouldn't have any dancing girls anymore because it seems to reduce people to the mentality of a kindergarten kid. Sad, grim.

For the record, I met both Khelia and Ally on this tour and last tour and I've not had the privilege of being in line with nicer people, so quite honestly a lot of what's been said on this thread shocks me.

Bono can dance with whomever he wants. But if this is how it's going to be, then I'd rather he danced with nobody.

so for boston in dec...

the 2 people who laid down blankets and took off till early morning and returned with a posse are not on this list...very interesting.

corianderstem said:
I was near the rail on 10/10 as well, about one or two heads back. There were two girls in front of me who seemed to be angling to catch Bono's eye (in a good way, I swear!). A nice guy even let one of them stand in front of him. It was kind of sweet.

Maybe one of them was you! :wink:

Harumph! First he kisses me and then disses me in the same night! :sad: ;)

Wasn't me, I swear. :) Think the gals you speak of were next to me and my friend though.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is an adult page isn't it? :hmm:

Sexe05.gif

he shouldnt pull young girls up on stage now....he's too old!!

it just seems to scripted now and even a bit sleazy.

now and again is fine...but every show! come on....he is becoming a parody of himself.

It’s really sad that after the tour being over (well, not really, but for most people it is), many ppl have to come on these boards to not celebrate a fantastic tour but to defend ones self. Why is it that once you’re onstage (whether it be dancing or playing an instrument or being a part of a really cool thing like the Boston Flagship) you have to defend every little detail to how you got there???? where am I standing, how did I get into the ellipse, how did I get the spot, what am I wearing or how much makeup I’m wearing, how am I getting Bono’s attention, do I have a sign or costume waving in front of his face, did I cut in line, how did I get my tickets, etc. I have been extremely LUCKY this tour, it’s been completely unexpected and I never have taken my onstage experiences for granted. I’m very grateful for going to as many shows I have, for seeing the band I’ve loved for over 20 years and for having friendships that will last way past the U2 tour. I don’t post very often but after reading this plus other threads that single me and my friends out or insinuate we've done something wrong, I’m going to defend us. I’m a stay at home of a 3 year old and I thought going to these boards would allow me to get away from childish behavior. Apparently not, at least not with this thread. Thank God the flames have died down a bit and humor has been flooding in. So don’t really want to bring everyone down again but thought I’d post my side of the story or at least add my .02 cents.

I guess you can call me the “Asian chick”. I’ve been to 24 shows, most of them being OUTSIDE the ellipse. If I was lucky to be inside the ellipse, it was because someone in our group scanned (I scanned the last 2 shows SLC and Portland). I’ve only gotten a wristband at the soundboard once…all other times I’ve been in the ellipse, I’ve gotten the wristbands at the table where everyone else gets theirs. As for whether or not I’ve cut the line….I’ve NEVER done that. I get in line early….either the night before or early the morning of the show. I’ve slept in cars, on the grass in sleeping bags, on the cement. As far as GA line etiquette goes - I leave the line to get something to eat, take a shower and get ready for the show, go to the ets party to get tickets, wait for the band when they arrive for soundcheck, go to talk to others in line, wait at the box office, stay in a car if the weather is poor which it has been the last few shows I’ve been to. I’m usually doing these things but then always going back in the line throughout the day. I know this is what MANY others do when waiting in the GA line. But I don’t just put my name on a list and show up right before doors open as some have insinuated.

I cannot speak about Chicago, Cleveland or Detroit, but I was with Harlequinn for the Boston shows in Dec. We got there around 10p and put our names down. We left some of our things and went back to the hotel to shower (since I’d been on an airplane all day), changed into warm clothes and headed back to the line. Since some of us were sick, a few of us decided we should take shifts. A couple of our friends did the first shift for the first couple of hours. Harlequinn and I took the next shift (from the middle of the night and stayed til we got the wristbands). The 2nd nite in Boston we put our names on the list after the show, grabbed something to eat quickly (which the majority of ppl in line did), grabbed our sleeping out gear and changed into warm clothes. We did shifts again…our friends were there immediately after the show until 2am when Harlequinn and I relieved them. We froze our asses off from then til we got our wristbands. Some may disagree with going in shifts but like I said before I’ve seen it done with many people in the GA line including those that are running the line. And we told people around us and they were cool with it.

As far as SLC is concerned, we put our names on the list (including Harlequinn’s) the night before the show. Her plane was supposed to land at that time and would be arriving within the next 15 minutes. Her plane was delayed but the guy running the line was cool with her staying on the list and having the same number. A few of us (Harlequinn included) slept in sleeping bags on the sidewalk all night until we got our wristbands the next morning. Jilly and her sister – I know you were upset with Harlequinn because her plane landed a little later than planned and arrived an hour or so after you. But the guy running the line was cool with it. However I do have a question for you….Is cutting in a GA line the same as cutting in a box office line??? If I recall at the May MSG show (one of the toughest tickets to get), I was with Harlequinn and her friends in the box office line. We were in the top 10. I think Jilly and her boyfriend arrived an hour or maybe more after us and somehow found a way to be in front of me when we tried to get tickets at the box office. I didn’t say anything because I thought Jilly and Harlequinn were “friends” and it wasn’t a big deal. I was able to get tickets and so did my friends when they dumped a ton that day. But it seems a bit hypocritical to flame someone on a public forum (actually flaming our entire group at SLC and being quite catty at the same time) about cutting in line when you did the same????

And regarding the clothes bashing. Burn me at the stake for wanting to put on some jeans and a tank top and wear some makeup. I LIVE in sweats most of the day. When I go out at night (whether it’s with my husband, my girlfriends or going to a U2 concert), that’s what I wear. Sue me for wanting to get a little dressed up….it’s all for Bono right?? :wink:

And since this thread has gone on way too long, and there have been plenty of personal attacks, if anyone has a problem with me, please take this offline. PM me please.

Dreaming out loud,
Alli

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
It’s really sad that after the tour being over (well, not really, but for most people it is), many ppl have to come on these boards to not celebrate a fantastic tour but to defend ones self. Why is it that once you’re onstage (whether it be dancing or playing an instrument or being a part of a really cool thing like the Boston Flagship) you have to defend every little detail to how you got there???? where am I standing, how did I get into the ellipse, how did I get the spot, what am I wearing or how much makeup I’m wearing, how am I getting Bono’s attention, do I have a sign or costume waving in front of his face, did I cut in line, how did I get my tickets, etc. I have been extremely LUCKY this tour, it’s been completely unexpected and I never have taken my onstage experiences for granted. I’m very grateful for going to as many shows I have, for seeing the band I’ve loved for over 20 years and for having friendships that will last way past the U2 tour. I don’t post very often but after reading this plus other threads that single me and my friends out or insinuate we've done something wrong, I’m going to defend us. I’m a stay at home of a 3 year old and I thought going to these boards would allow me to get away from childish behavior. Apparently not, at least not with this thread. Thank God the flames have died down a bit and humor has been flooding in. So don’t really want to bring everyone down again but thought I’d post my side of the story or at least add my .02 cents.

I guess you can call me the “Asian chick”. I’ve been to 24 shows, most of them being OUTSIDE the ellipse. If I was lucky to be inside the ellipse, it was because someone in our group scanned (I scanned the last 2 shows SLC and Portland). I’ve only gotten a wristband at the soundboard once…all other times I’ve been in the ellipse, I’ve gotten the wristbands at the table where everyone else gets theirs. As for whether or not I’ve cut the line….I’ve NEVER done that. I get in line early….either the night before or early the morning of the show. I’ve slept in cars, on the grass in sleeping bags, on the cement. As far as GA line etiquette goes - I leave the line to get something to eat, take a shower and get ready for the show, go to the ets party to get tickets, wait for the band when they arrive for soundcheck, go to talk to others in line, wait at the box office, stay in a car if the weather is poor which it has been the last few shows I’ve been to. I’m usually doing these things but then always going back in the line throughout the day. I know this is what MANY others do when waiting in the GA line. But I don’t just put my name on a list and show up right before doors open as some have insinuated.

I cannot speak about Chicago, Cleveland or Detroit, but I was with Harlequinn for the Boston shows in Dec. We got there around 10p and put our names down. We left some of our things and went back to the hotel to shower (since I’d been on an airplane all day), changed into warm clothes and headed back to the line. Since some of us were sick, a few of us decided we should take shifts. A couple of our friends did the first shift for the first couple of hours. Harlequinn and I took the next shift (from the middle of the night and stayed til we got the wristbands). The 2nd nite in Boston we put our names on the list after the show, grabbed something to eat quickly (which the majority of ppl in line did), grabbed our sleeping out gear and changed into warm clothes. We did shifts again…our friends were there immediately after the show until 2am when Harlequinn and I relieved them. We froze our asses off from then til we got our wristbands. Some may disagree with going in shifts but like I said before I’ve seen it done with many people in the GA line including those that are running the line. And we told people around us and they were cool with it.

As far as SLC is concerned, we put our names on the list (including Harlequinn’s) the night before the show. Her plane was supposed to land at that time and would be arriving within the next 15 minutes. Her plane was delayed but the guy running the line was cool with her staying on the list and having the same number. A few of us (Harlequinn included) slept in sleeping bags on the sidewalk all night until we got our wristbands the next morning. Jilly and her sister – I know you were upset with Harlequinn because her plane landed a little later than planned and arrived an hour or so after you. But the guy running the line was cool with it. However I do have a question for you….Is cutting in a GA line the same as cutting in a box office line??? If I recall at the May MSG show (one of the toughest tickets to get), I was with Harlequinn and her friends in the box office line. We were in the top 10. I think Jilly and her boyfriend arrived an hour or maybe more after us and somehow found a way to be in front of me when we tried to get tickets at the box office. I didn’t say anything because I thought Jilly and Harlequinn were “friends” and it wasn’t a big deal. I was able to get tickets and so did my friends when they dumped a ton that day. But it seems a bit hypocritical to flame someone on a public forum (actually flaming our entire group at SLC and being quite catty at the same time) about cutting in line when you did the same????

And regarding the clothes bashing. Burn me at the stake for wanting to put on some jeans and a tank top and wear some makeup. I LIVE in sweats most of the day. When I go out at night (whether it’s with my husband, my girlfriends or going to a U2 concert), that’s what I wear. Sue me for wanting to get a little dressed up….it’s all for Bono right?? :wink:

And since this thread has gone on way too long, and there have been plenty of personal attacks, if anyone has a problem with me, please take this offline. PM me please.

Dreaming out loud,
Alli

Ali

That is a great post,

The one show I GA'd this year - I did excatly the same - stayed in line most of the day and then leave for food, toliet breaks etc. As I was in the UK we are not that lucky to have to worry about the band signing before the soundcheck - we have to fight the dealers/touts and try to meet them at the hotels.

The only grumble I have is that I would of loved to have seen U2 live 20 times this year - but again I live in the UK so that is not possible - even if I went to every U2 gig in the UK I would have been to 9 gigs (including Dublin)

Come on U2 - lets have some UK Arena dates - please!

Lisa

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:

And regarding the clothes bashing. Burn me at the stake for wanting to put on some jeans and a tank top and wear some makeup.

Yeah I find every post in this thread that slanders a woman because of whatever she chooses to wear sexist and vile. I hope the mods will put a stop to it, because it is incredibly insulting to insinuate that if a woman dresses up she is acting disrespectfully. :down:

Well...back to the original post.

BONO should cool his jets. Its driving people bonkers.

I think it has pretty much run its course.

:lock:

anitram said:

For the record, I met both Khelia and Ally on this tour and last tour and I've not had the privilege of being in line with nicer people, so quite honestly a lot of what's been said on this thread shocks me.

Bono can dance with whomever he wants. But if this is how it's going to be, then I'd rather he danced with nobody.

thanks anitram! :hug: feeling is mutual... (for the record, both khelia and i watched the show from the soundboard with anitram at Toronto 4, and had a blast doing so! all i have to say is, "pop pop pop muzik...." :hyper: )

and i 100% agree with your last statement. :up:

Since the thread opener has requested its closing...

I guess I just want to add that we really should at least try to be kind to each other and really keep in mind the Golden Rule. Treat others as you would like to be treated. This applies online, in the GA line, on the floor, wherever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom