Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
".... Some may ask, why rock out now? These are the times that rock mens'souls. I instructed our military commanders to totally rock Baghdad..." Oops, wrong era. Golly, *sigh* memories of my first U2 shows (10 yrs into my fandom.) That was hilarious....

So NOW, Varitek, old Harry Potter nemesis (the epic Snape debates from the summer!) finally I know what you look like. You lucky so and so.....what were you doing in Philly? :) I won't begrudge you though..I know the feeling of meeting the B-man....from this decade....but more in my annals is meeting my man MR.THE EDGE and LAWRENCE MULLEN JR ....Edge in 2001 and Larry 2 yrs ago.

I get the R-rated vapors thinking about it....:drool: :drool:

Last edited:
what an amazing speech and the video is great, it makes me feel so proud and like there is some hope in the world listening to him.

congrats to the plebans who were there too thanks for the pics everyone. :heart:

mysterious_jen said:
what an amazing speech and the video is great, it makes me feel so proud and like there is some hope in the world listening to him.

congrats to the plebans who were there too thanks for the pics everyone. :heart:

what she said! :yes:

I recognized a few from the group photos too. Can't wait to hear more reports :up:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
This one's been posted, but I found it without watermarks.
br-10040.jpg

Here's the thing about Bono (to me): I can scream all day long about how I don't like the current administration, the Bush politics in general, etc., but he sees good in everyone. Dang him for making me think! :wink:

Love that pic, LG! :p :giggle:

unico said:

OMG I didn't know they were clickable!!!!! :heart:

See what you've done, Comet?
:tsk:

:kiss:

:wave: to everybody who got to go last night. Where's the "pea-green with envy" smilie? :)

Bonofox 1, you have NO IDEA. "R-Rated vapors"--that's just on the outside. If I told you what was going on in my HEAD after Edge hugged me and Larry smiled at me, it would be a perfect NC-17. :macdevil:

Um, this being PLEBA, is this particular "Zoo Confession" okay?:reject: I think you can all relate....

Last edited:
Thanks Laura for posting the photos :) Great you Met bono and the rest n here who met bono that night too :)

Thanks rihannsu For posting the video link :D

Bono is looking hot
:drool:

Thanks everyone who returned from the event and reportet. I knew you people would meet the B-man and have a good time. He's such a sweetheart, always taking time for his fans. I saw some of you during the webcast.

Congrats!

:up:

Btw, here are some more photos of the event, but I cannot save and upload them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atu2com/sets/72157602188719889/

I downloaded an mp3 file of the speech yesterday in the EYKIW forum, still no video (only on abc site).

bonocomet: the link you gave is only abc news with parts of the speech not the whole speech, or is there another link to watch the whole speech? Thanks.

Last edited:
Everyone pictures are so great. I need to invest in a decent camera. My pictures just ended up dark and blurry.....kinda viewable but eh.

If someone would be able to upload the video for download that would be amazing.

I jsut hit my record button to watch Springsteen on the Today show and came right here for an update

OH MY, OH MY, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is skippping beats.

WHERE IS JC + VAL- THEY BETTER NOT BE SLEEPING - WE NEED MORE DETAILS-
No sign of Val in pics- she was supposed to try to see JC.

Edgeistoosexy -which one are you?

You are all so so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!! So was it around 10pm that you saw him? Great descriptions -you'll have this memory BURNED inot your mind forever, and the warmth of his skin. okay, i better stop now - I guess the gala was after that????:drool:

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
What time is it in your neck of the woods, lol. Here in Albany, NY it's about 10:30. I am a night owl by nature. Heck, I would have stayed up all night for this!

If you're tired Unicorn that's OK. Do you have kids you dropped off on the hubby to put to bed?:wink:

"Yes, dear, the world really DOES stop when Bono speaks!" Mere mortals cannot understand.
Before I got this laptop, and when I lived at home, the family learned long ago to read my kitchen counter notes about me recording events with U2 on TV...it was total war and I won by stubbornness. I took no prisoners....that VCR and TV were MINE.

Good night, if you're leaving us!

*EDIT*

PS. No Blm, I was dead serious. I was a bit embarrassed at blathering and glad that someone felt similar to me. That was a compliment believe me!

Thank you Teta040. Much appreciated and I am sorry for your losses. These things change and shape one's soul forever.
Part of what i love about u2 is the depth and diversity of feelings they stir in me with their lyrics and music. We all know what the other parts are:yes: :sexywink: (by the way, I live on Long Island)

I also am "not to be disturbed" when u2/bono is on- I've told my kids, unless you are bleeding-Don't even think about it!!

Hope unicorn is getting some much needed rest!!

Just got done watching the link above. What a great speech. Of course the fact that he's a great lyricist doesn't hurt, I'm sure. The passion and the brogue help too. I found myself smiling throughout that whole speech. I just love that man! The African people couldn't have a better cheerleader.

Thanks for the link...and the great photos.

blm said:

I love you bonomot- you get right to the point. S**t- I can't get off this thread :drool:

Me either blm, I'm stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it! :wink:

Speak again, bright angel! :lol:

Teta040 said:
Bonofox 1, you have NO IDEA. "R-Rated vapors"--that's just on the outside. If I told you what was going on in my HEAD after Edge hugged me and Larry smiled at me, it would be a perfect NC-17. :macdevil:

Um, this being PLEBA, is this particular "Zoo Confession" okay?:reject: I think you can all relate....

:lol: BELIEVE ME I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!! :macdevil:

I might need to go confess at the Zoo Confessionals too :shifty:

Everytime I tried to close my eyes last night, I could see Bono's face staring at me when I said that he was not looking in the the picture I have with him. He had this huge grin on his face.

Back
Top Bottom