Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
08377441.jpg

08377440.jpg

08377439.jpg

SWEET!!!:love:

Val said:
I think Bono is holding what JC gave him.
Beautiful pics! Beautiful man. Beautiful day.

Yes!!!! He is holding my picture frame!!!
Thanks Kelly for finding them. These are better than the other pictures I found of him holding it. In one of them you could almost see what I wrote!

Val said:
blm...I was not near Bono when I asked him how his night was. I think I was 4 rows back. Everyone kept calling Bono will you sign this (I had my arem stretched right out there with something to sign as well) when I realized this was Bono's special night, so I asked him how his night was. I spoke loud and clear into the night, and he answered.

Hey Val!!!!!
Well, it goes down in my book as he spoke(answered) to you !!
GROOVY!!!!:yes: :dancing: :hi5:

The Bono posse must all round up for the next NYC date.....

JC -that is incredible. Just think he will read it and think of the person who gave it to him..... uhhh, that would be YOU!!!!!
Okay- fantasize about that for awhile. AND please tell us if you get a thank you!!!!!! (is your address on it ???) or maybe next time you meet him, he'll thank you himself:combust: :wink:
Now I'M starting to fantasize.

Edgeistoosexy- I love your location!!!! very cute, congratulations on your wonderful experience!!!

Last edited:
blm said:

Edgeistoosexy- I love your location!!!! very cute, congratulations on your wonderful experience!!!

:cute:
Thanks, it was my first time meeting him and it was absolutely amazing. I'll never forget about it!

yay! JC, what did you write on your gift?

Well, its a picture of the boy that I sponsor from Guinea. I also sponsor a girl. But the boy is wearing the ado(red) necklace I sent him and I attached a note that said this:

Your speeches over the past year have
inspired me so much that I needed
to do “something.” That something was
me sponsoring two children from Africa.
The photo is of the beautiful boy, he is
from Guinea. I have a great relationship
with him through the mail and send him
whatever I can. Your words have set a
fire within to do more. More was raising
money to purchase 120 mosquitos nets,
for Nothing But Nets. The words that sat
in my heart gave me the ability to discuss
poverty in Africa with my childrens school
where I have reached almost 1,000 people.
Some whom they have been inspired.
To some children of the school, I am known
as the African lady. I am very proud of that
title. I never thought that I could make a
difference, but thanks to you I did.
Thank you again for your words and
beautiful melodies.

I posted this in this same thread in Interference gatherings and I'll post it here too:

That pic of Bono with Brandon is my desktop background now... It's just things like these that make me hugely proud to be his fan.

I wish he lives a long, long time... he needs to be around for a 100 years more! The world needs him.

Love you, Bono :heart:

JCOSTER said:
Well, its a picture of the boy that I sponsor from Guinea. I also sponsor a girl. But the boy is wearing the ado(red) necklace I sent him and I attached a note that said this:

beautiful melodies.

AWESOME!!!:applaud:

JC, beautiful message, I'm happy for you that you could give it to Bono!

And Kelly, thank you for these particularly BEAUTIFUL photos of Bono.

Um.....

I hate t ointerrupt the lovefest here but.....

this is what I mean by intellectualizing.....

but BONO'S SPEECH HAS BEEN CENSORED....BIGTIME.

Go to the Libertymedal.org site and you'll see that whole portions of the speech have been removed from the video, including the remarks Bono made about torture.

This is in the version that the whole world will see, unless directed to the google version.....and who knows how long before that is censored too.

we all saw the speech in the hours after it was aired and KNOW what we saw.

We have to start a mass emailing of the site and let them know we will not stand for this outrage!!!!!

Well.....I will slightly amend my post...

I read an article on a mailing list that said it was censored. I believed it. I went to the Libertymedal site and watched the video taken from local news.....and that was still whole, as was the transcript.

Maybe he was outside the US and you can't get a whole speech.

It's a measure of just how widespread and complete that media censorship has become, accelerating in this Land of the Free over the past 8 months, that I initially believed this article.

I strongly suggest you guys download the speech onto a disc, because even if it isn't edited now, it defenitely will be in the future. No public footage that openly criticizes the practices of the Bush so far been allowed to stand. People have lost their careers and their stations been fined hundreds of thousands of dollars and been forced to publicly apologize over attempting to air the types of things Bono mentioned in that speech. And all within literally 24 hours.

You non-Yanks out there....believe it.

Now onto more positive things....

JCoster.....how beautiful. I stand humbled. :bow: Did you find out about this through the African Well site? I've donated to that but never "bought" mosquito nets etc. I'd love to find out more.

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:

beautiful melodies.

You got it to him! Hooray :applaud:

misfit toys said:

No, it's 60MB. Would you like it uploaded to something else?

oh yes, would you do want to do that?
That's sweet :love:

I'm not sure safe file works these days, I usually don't have problems with send space either, or mega upload, anything will do.
Thank you very much :)

I've kept on trying your previous send space link, to no avail :shrug:

:wave: Hi Kassandra, haven't seen you on here for awhile, right? how are you?

JC- you have so much love in your heart. I am sure that as soon as he had a moment, Bono read your beautifully written words, and was very touched. There is no way he couldn't be.
:)

Teta040 said:
Um.....

I hate t ointerrupt the lovefest here but.....

this is what I mean by intellectualizing.....

but BONO'S SPEECH HAS BEEN CENSORED....BIGTIME.

Go to the Libertymedal.org site and you'll see that whole portions of the speech have been removed from the video, including the remarks Bono made about torture.

This is in the version that the whole world will see, unless directed to the google version.....and who knows how long before that is censored too.

we all saw the speech in the hours after it was aired and KNOW what we saw.

We have to start a mass emailing of the site and let them know we will not stand for this outrage!!!!!

How ironic is it that censorship took place where the constitution was signed? Didn't it say something about freedom of speech? :huh:

Teta040 said:
Well.....I will slightly amend my post...

I read an article on a mailing list that said it was censored. I believed it. I went to the Libertymedal site and watched the video taken from local news.....and that was still whole, as was the transcript.

Maybe he was outside the US and you can't get a whole speech.

It's a measure of just how widespread and complete that media censorship has become, accelerating in this Land of the Free over the past 8 months, that I initially believed this article.

I strongly suggest you guys download the speech onto a disc, because even if it isn't edited now, it defenitely will be in the future. No public footage that openly criticizes the practices of the Bush so far been allowed to stand. People have lost their careers and their stations been fined hundreds of thousands of dollars and been forced to publicly apologize over attempting to air the types of things Bono mentioned in that speech. And all within literally 24 hours.

You non-Yanks out there....believe it.

Now onto more positive things....

JCoster.....how beautiful. I stand humbled. :bow: Did you find out about this through the African Well site? I've donated to that but never "bought" mosquito nets etc. I'd love to find out more.

www.Nothingbutnets.org - great foundation. Whatever you donate Bill and Melinda gates will match.

Thanks guys!

I wasn't a look what I have done pat myself on the back note, it was I just want you to know that you do reach people with what you say and look at the difference it makes.

I just wanted to make sure that was clear incase anyone misinterpreted my intentions.

:hug: JC anyone who knows you and your dedication would see that and I'm sure Bono will be very proud to know he has reached his fans to that degree - the degree that they WANT to and CAN help make the change. I'm proud of my Sistah!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom