Bono in New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Errr, Bono can wear whatever he wishes and what's comfortable for him, he can cut his hair the way he feels like cutting it, and if he's going to meet world leaders and he feels this look is appropriate, he should just do what he feels it's right. I'm not for the supershort hair either and most of all I wish he'd lose the red shades, because they make him look older than he is (not the hair), but I accept that he wants to look this way. Bono has his own head and certainly doesn't let anyone tell him what to do and I'm glad he's that way. Some people seem to forget that he's not there as rock star and U2 is not giving a concert, these are serious talks about a serious issue and if you want Bono to be a rock star you have to wait for the new U2 album and tour.

Sometimes it makes me sad that fans seem to know exactly who the "real" Bono is and what he's supposed to look like and how he's supposed to act like.

oh please, LU, you're overreacting...I'm not trying to tell Bono how to act or tell him how to look...I'm just anxious to see the rockstar Bono since it's been awhile...

Am i the only one who is glad to see the back of those god awful creeper shoes he had glued to his feet?
I assume they were surgically removed:wink:

I celebrated their departure!!!! I was ready to buy him a pair of new shoes myself.... Couldn't stand looking at those creepers anymore!

I think the "creepers" may have to do with his bad back.

Those boots he was seen wearing in France a couple of weeks ago looked nice but not very comfortable. If you have a bad back, you're not supposed to wear shoes like these. It's true that both make Bono look taller, but I just think the creepers are more comfortable for him.

Rob, I almost always agree with what you're saying but I just wanted to say that in my opinion this is not the time for Bono to be a "rock star". These are serious issues and Bono knows that he has to be taken serious by these people in order to get his message across. Even if we don't like this image, it's also part of him and it's what he feels he has to do in this situation. Bono has gained a certain reputation in this particluar field, he has received some very important awards and I guess he's very well aware of how he has to appear and behave in public when doing his political work. He has changed and matured, and yes, aged, but he's still the same person, and I'm sure we'll get to see the more "rock star" image again when it's appropriate.

I'm sorry . . . I hate to be so shallow, but that haircut is doing him *no good.* :no:

Ditto - :sad:

Don´t you think he had his hair damaged for keeping it dyed for so long ? I mean, actually, his hair is not originally that "ZOO TV- Elevation- Vertigo- Black" - :hmm: OK, I know he is a 48-year-old man now and his hair is obviously a little grey :blahblah: , but what I want to say is that due he had used to dye his hair a lot in the past it´s a little "weaken" - "damaged" - impossible to keep it longer nowadays comparing with some other man as the same age as him ? (i.e Bob Geldof?)
Do you agree? :reject:

The jeans look great :D actually....when he dresses in jeans it reminds me of what my husband look like in them :drool:

As a pleba girl the high and tight haircut makes me sad.... I really like the fuzzy short look though. As a hair stylist the high and tight makes me even more sad :madspit: why can't he get his hair cut by ME? I would do so much better :evil:

Ditto - :sad:

Don´t you think he had his hair damaged for keeping it dyed for so long ? I mean, actually, his hair is not originally that "ZOO TV- Elevation- Vertigo- Black" - :hmm: OK, I know he is a 48-year-old man now and his hair is obviously a little grey :blahblah: , but what I want to say is that due he had used to dye his hair a lot in the past it´s a little "weaken" - "damaged" - impossible to keep it longer nowadays comparing with some other man as the same age as him ? (i.e Bob Geldof?)
Do you agree? :reject:

I think the answer is simple: Bad genes.

Some people lose their hair early, others don't lose it at all. Bono has had a bad hair structure since he was in his early 30s, even from pictures from the ZooTv era you can see how much he has been thinning on top and it got worse during the Vertigo tour. I think that's the main reason he cut his hair short. Nothing looks more ridiculous than having long hair in the back and being bold on top. Yes, dying for so many years can also cause damage, also stress, medication etc. It's not something Bono is doing deliberately. He even said in interviews that he misses the "full head of hair" he had when he was younger.

There are some things he can do: 1. Wear hats and caps most of the time (which he obvisously often does) 2. Get hair implants or a wig :)huh:) or 3. Just accept it as a sign of the times.

Btw, I know many guys, who are not even Bono's age, who have cut their hair very very short or even shaved it off. It seems to be a trend. My brother used to cut his hair ultra-short (his girlfriend, now wife, wasn't amused), because in my family we have very strong, naturally curled hair and he just couln't keep it under control, so he basically cut it so short it couldn't form curls any longer. :lol:

I agree, it's just genes. Overprocessing of the hair in the past usually won't affect new growth. So as long as he doesn't color it now it will be in whatever state it would be naturally, had he never colored it before.
During the vertigo tour and even elevation, you could tell because it was long that he had just done WAY too much to it :|
instead of making him look younger it just showed how much work he had to put into keeping it from graying and such. I think going the way of most men when they don't have as much to work with anymore, and cutting it shorter helps him not appear desperate (Hulk Hogan anyone? :yikes: )

But I still don't like the skin short length on the sides :madwife:

The House scruff is working though!
I think the answer is simple: Bad genes.

Some people lose their hair early, others don't lose it at all. Bono has had a bad hair structure since he was in his early 30s, even from pictures from the ZooTv era you can see how much he has been thinning on top and it got worse during the Vertigo tour. I think that's the main reason he cut his hair short. Nothing looks more ridiculous than having long hair in the back and being bold on top. Yes, dying for so many years can also cause damage, also stress, medication etc. It's not something Bono is doing deliberately. He even said in interviews that he misses the "full head of hair" he had when he was younger.

There are some things he can do: 1. Wear hats and caps most of the time (which he obvisously often does) 2. Get hair implants or a wig :)huh:) or 3. Just accept it as a sign of the times.

Btw, I know many guys, who are not even Bono's age, who have cut their hair very very short or even shaved it off. It seems to be a trend. My brother used to cut his hair ultra-short (his girlfriend, now wife, wasn't amused), because in my family we have very strong, naturally curled hair and he just couln't keep it under control, so he basically cut it so short it couldn't form curls any longer. :lol:

Hi guys!:wave:
Does anyone knows how's the back of that military jacket? I couldnt find any picture about it.
Thank you!!!!!

meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative is underway in New York.

Bono: Sometimes takes catastrophe for people to redraw the map | NECN

240908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom