Bono in New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Onekea!! :hug: You are welcome :)

I found some new old pix!! Enjoy!! They are from the day of his meeting with President Barosso...well at least he is wearing the same outfit. 9-22-2008.

HQJu6RE6XQRl.jpg

heh heh! Was Bono looking at himself in the visor mirror? :)
fixing his cuff so :cute:

Thanks Bonocomet!

bonocomet;5521913adn't noticed the mirror :lmao: and no worries johndarling! :wave:[/quote said:
Thanks for that cause I am new and I thought that was kind of a mean way to treat somebody. I mean, like I care if Bono is drunk or not! I love getting drunk and behaving drunkenly and I'm sure he does too. Why not?But whether he was drunk or not: whatever!???! Not a good reason to be mean is it?? :angry::angry:

Thanks for that cause I am new and I thought that was kind of a mean way to treat somebody. I mean, like I care if Bono is drunk or not! I love getting drunk and behaving drunkenly and I'm sure he does too. Why not?But whether he was drunk or not: whatever!???! Not a good reason to be mean is it?? :angry::angry:

John, I don't mind if Bono is drunk or not, it's just his life and I don't have anything to say, but if you say you heard him slurring against what I positively know, I think you're trying to deceive us, you were being mean not only to us, but to a person who is not reading your posts, I don't like that, I don't think that's fair, either if you're new or not.
I don't want to polemize about this, if, and I say if, you were just joking, you made me think you said you had seen it, I can misunderstand, of course, but I still think you could be pretending. Anyway, let's forget it and start again.

For dearest Marien

John, I don't mind if Bono is drunk or not, it's just his life and I don't have anything to say, but if you say you heard him slurring against what I positively know, I think you're trying to deceive us, you were being mean not only to us, but to a person who is not reading your posts, I don't like that, I don't think that's fair, either if you're new or not.
I don't want to polemize about this, if, and I say if, you were just joking, you made me think you said you had seen it, I can misunderstand, of course, but I still think you could be pretending. Anyway, let's forget it and start again.

You caught me at it I was being so irresponsible as to make a joke and this is clearly the WRONG place for that. You see I am cursed with a great sense of humour and therefore am always making them. 'Jokes'. You should try it sometime, even here, I feel sure you could be very funny. It's just the vibe I'm getting. Yes I was pretending, it was to be in the spirit of the 'joke' you see, like wouldn't it have been funny if he had been uproariously drunk and you/I HAD heard him slurring? Ha ha. Geddit? Maybe not ok.

But let me just say I am not one of those who practises celebrity oneupmanship, he's my best friend, I have inside information about how he thinks and feels and my friends are all spies who keep tabs on his whereabouts. He isn't, I don't and they certainly aren't.

So please lovely Marien, please don't 'polemize' about this and by all means, let us 'start again'. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

P.S How do you know he isn't reading our posts? Shoot, he's gonna be so upset with you, I mean me, I mean JOKE!!!!! :sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink:

Sorry I'm getting involved in your little argument, but don't you think you're a little over-reacting here? I don't see what was so wrong about johndarling's post. I mean there were much worse things posted here in other threads. How was the poster "mean" to Bono or to us? As far as I can see the "drunk" argument was started earlier in this thread and I don't think anyone took that too seriously. I honestly don't know what the problem here is and I couldn't care less if Bono was drunk or not. Come one, we have seen him clearly drunk so many times, it's no big deal. If he wasn't drunk, good for him. No need to make such a fuss over it.

But let me just say I am not one of those who practises celebrity oneupmanship, he's my best friend, I have inside information about how he thinks and feels and my friends are all spies who keep tabs on his whereabouts. He isn't, I don't and they certainly aren't.

So please lovely Marien, please don't 'polemize' about this and by all means, let us 'start again'. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

P.S How do you know he isn't reading our posts? Shoot, he's gonna be so upset with you, I mean me, I mean JOKE!!!!! :sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink:

John, I don't care what Bono thinks of me, uupps, I mean you, well, I don't really think he spends much time on any of us.
I don't think Bono is a saint, I wouldn't like him so much if he were, and, sorry, I don't have inside information, no one of my friends are spies (that I know) and I can live very well without having a clue of where he is or what he is doing, I can even laugh heartly when I see him drunk. I have only seen him twice (out of stage) and I haven't spoken to him or taken his pic.
To say the truth, maybe I overreacted to your post, but I told you, I hate people saying they saw something they didn't see, or people thinking they can say anything just because it's about a celebrity, and lately there are too many people doing it in this forum.
The talk about his being drunk or not started a while before your post, but nobody, including you, stated it for sure, what got me angry was your comment about his slurring during the speech, I knew that was not true, I have no spies, I was there, and, sorry, I couldn't see the joke.
I hope this explanation ends up with this little argument.

Ouch...that sterotype hurts. Not all Irish all drinkers. :hug:

I know.

As brasilian, I know enough about not-so-true sterotypes. An irish could don't drink at all as I don't know how to dance. That's not a rule, even that irish people use to be more resistant to alcoholic drink than those from other countries. ;)

All I know is that Bono is HOT in all the pictures that have been posted here! I am mucho grateful to all those that have shared them! I am a newbie here, but I've been a diehard U2 fan for over 20 yrs ( I was like 1 yrs old - hahaha). Anyhoos, I am sooooo looking forward to participating and getting to know you all!!!

Ciao Sexy People!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom