Bono in Lastovo Island, Croacia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shh: I would say hes no more than 170 the most. IMO

Its very hard to say what people weigh, it depends on body frame, bone size, muscle and fat proportion etc. I`m a UK size 12, 5`4" and currently weigh 149 lbs which most people find very hard to believe when I tell them - they would probably say closer to 130 lbs.

And yes I`m currently on a diet as I think I`m flabby!:yes:

I too suffer Bono`s problem of liking the drink which unfortunately adds calories and increases your appetite and ability to refuse a takeaway on the way home from the pub :scream:

But Bono is on holiday and enjoying a rest with his friends and family which I`m sure we all agree he needs so :censored: if he puts on a few pounds, I`d rather know he`s happy and enjoying a rest, than miserable or working himself to death.

Greenlight said:

:yes: Didn't Ali say in a recent interview though that she does yoga and pilates to keep in shape? I had this mental picture of Bono joining her but he probably wouldn't be able to keep still for long enough to hold the moves:wink:
It's no big deal that Bono has put on a few pounds - he has before. Now they're back in the studio, I'm sure he'll have lost most of them when the tour recommences.

:lol: Bono doing yoga.... with all that energy running trough his vains he'd go mental!!!!

When I saw them at msg in oct. he had a hard time for a moment going down the stairs back onto the main stage he took it slow and even held onto the railing.

Pamelakellett said:

Its very hard to say what people weigh, it depends on body frame, bone size, muscle and fat proportion etc. I`m a UK size 12, 5`4" and currently weigh 149 lbs which most people find very hard to believe when I tell them - they would probably say closer to 130 lbs.

I too suffer Bono`s problem of liking the drink which unfortunately adds calories and increases your appetite and ability to refuse a takeaway on the way home from the pub :scream: Do, I'm sure Bono will look wonderful by November!! I would think he would have to or he wouldn't have enough energy for the concerts!!

But Bono is on holiday and enjoying a rest with his friends and family which I`m sure we all agree he needs so :censored: if he puts on a few pounds, I`d rather know he`s happy and enjoying a rest, than miserable or working himself to death.

I agree! I also lived in France for two years and it is impossible to stay away from the great food and wine. I was just there a few weeks ago(South Of France) and I really had to becareful to not slip with the wine and food. Luckily I didn't gain any,but if you have a house there like the boys do, it sure would be tough. Guys always lose it faster than us girls also. My hubby and I are on an operation slim down right now and he has lost about 20 and I only have lost 13! Close,but he started two weeks after me:mad:

dr phil's an idiot

5'8 195 lbs is healthy????

maybe if you're a bodybuilder with tons of muscles, not if its all in the gut

5'8 195 is right on the overweight/obese border according to the BMI

well if brilliant means preying on the vulnerbale, giving them bad advice and selling them super expensive supplements that have been proven not to do anything, then yes, he is brilliant

Chizip said:
dr phil's an idiot

5'8 195 lbs is healthy????

maybe if you're a bodybuilder with tons of muscles, not if its all in the gut

5'8 195 is right on the overweight/obese border according to the BMI

Yes that's exactly what that largest figure takes into account! There are shot putters and hammer throwers, at least here in Finland (I know in America it's all about Football and baseball :yawn: ), who are huge men, some at the top of their sport, and are fit and healthy!!

Well, I've never claimed that he is. Right from the start of this thread after seeing those pics, I said "Bono looks a little round around the waist". And that, IMO, he's not over weight. :shrug:

And what I also been objecting to was some peoples wrapped idea that only the ultra thin are fit and healthy and that they're over reacting to Bono's slight weight gain! :tsk:

I'm sure that once Bono and the guys start rehearsing for the tour and he starts to work-out a little more, he'll soon loose those few extra pounds within a month, like someone said, men loose weight much faster than women! :yell: :wink:

mart said:
I cant believe youd go so far as to calculate his BMI and suggest an eating plan. COME ON .... who cares
he is who he is, no matter what - plus you dont have to worry about his weight, its not like youll ever get to sleep with him

Insomnia...that's all I'm going to say.
I'll also add that I don't wanna sleep with him..I just want to be him.

Oh, and, since when is Dr. Phil an expert on health? Bono looks far healthier than phil

Pamelakellett said:

I too suffer Bono`s problem of liking the drink which unfortunately adds calories and increases your appetite and ability to refuse a takeaway on the way home from the pub :scream:

I don't believe this thread is STILL going - Gawd, Poor Bono!

BTW Pamela, size 12 and on a diet, doesn't sound like you need to be on one! I'm 5ft4 too and anm a size 14 and weight 10 stone and I know I need to slim down a bit but I do enjoy a good curry! I know Bono will slim down a lot quiker and easier than I will!

(If I see him while he's in London recording this month, I'll mention some of your fears to him shall I??)

lisa2004 said:

I agree!!

He doesnt look any heavier than when he was in Boston last December!!!

Are the band actually recording in London I thought it was just the producers in Abbey Road? I know all the recording stuff has gone back in at HQ.

lisa2004 said:
(If I see him while he's in London recording this month, I'll mention some of your fears to him shall I??)

Bono's in London?? :hyper: :hyper:

I really don't give a toss about his weight, if their music is still good, then it's all gravy. Some people have been getting way too personal in this thread :eyebrow:

Total U2 Nut said:
I really don't give a toss about his weight, if their music is still good, then it's all gravy. Some people have been getting way too personal in this thread :eyebrow:

I agree with that, I don't care about his weight either but that sentence made me smile. :rolleyes:

lisa2004 said:

BTW Pamela, size 12 and on a diet, doesn't sound like you need to be on one! I'm 5ft4 too and anm a size 14 and weight 10 stone and I know I need to slim down a bit but I do enjoy a good curry! I know Bono will slim down a lot quiker and easier than I will!

:) you made my day thanks!

Seems we have the same problem - curries are my weakness too!

Bono's Tart said:
lisa2004 said:

I agree!!

He doesnt look any heavier than when he was in Boston last December!!!

Are the band actually recording in London I thought it was just the producers in Abbey Road? I know all the recording stuff has gone back in at HQ.

Bono's Tart, Damn, I wanted to PM you! Ive probably heard the same rumours about Abbey Rd as you but the only thing i can add is that my friend Dave (the same Dave who was with us in Dublin THAT day in January) was told by a certain Mr Clayton at Hyde Park Calling that the band would be recording in London in mid September. Also, we think Bono is gonna be at Earls Court on 21st Sept. You going?

Pamelakellett said:

:) you made my day thanks!

Seems we have the same problem - curries are my weakness too!

Glad I made you smile! Just checked my message and damn, my spelling is awful! Just goes to show how fed up this thread has made me, I've lost my ability to type cohernently!!

Whats your personal fave then? I like garlic chicken!! :drool:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes that's exactly what that largest figure takes into account! There are shot putters and hammer throwers, at least here in Finland (I know in America it's all about Football and baseball :yawn: ), who are huge men, some at the top of their sport, and are fit and healthy!!

Well, that's what excessive steroid abuse will do to you! :wink:

lisa2004 said:

Bono's Tart, Damn, I wanted to PM you! Ive probably heard the same rumours about Abbey Rd as you but the only thing i can add is that my friend Dave (the same Dave who was with us in Dublin THAT day in January) was told by a certain Mr Clayton at Hyde Park Calling that the band would be recording in London in mid September. Also, we think Bono is gonna be at Earls Court on 21st Sept. You going?

OOOHH please email me!!
This book signing in London is doing my head in!!!

bonoholic@msn.com

cheers!!

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:

Well, that's what excessive steroid abuse will do to you! :wink:

Although I am offended by your not so subtle jab at my national sporting heroes, I don't intend to respond! Coz like a few other people here, I'm sick of this topic, I've stated my opinion time and again and am done with defending my position on this issue!! :grumpy:

So U2 are recording at Abbey studios and there's a book signing at Earls Court? :hyper: I so wish I could attend!! :(

Why can`t there be a book signing on 22nd? I`m working on the 21st - grr!

I hope some people manage to get there and get to meet Bono. Don`t forget your :camera: and pass on :kiss: :hug: from those of us unlucky ones who have to work :sad:

Considering Bono's height, he probably weighs a lot less than some of the experts will have us believe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom