Bono in Lastovo Island, Croacia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THIS looks painful!

16ex7.jpg

From a few years ago ... I know you all can't get enough of this photo! I think he's great no matter what his belly looks like!

18om4.jpg

thankyou said:
GaleonGirl!! i've been gone for a few days but wanted to thankyou for the larger pic of them sitting in the boat. it looks like they are having a nice moment together. and they so deserve it.

Now separately:
As far as Bono's "increased girth", just makes me love him even more. Being in my 40's myself i can understand perfectly that with getting older it sometimes is just plain hard to get and stay thin and fit etc.. All those things that society pays way too much attention to anyways. It is part of becoming a little older, having busier lives (and does he ever with all his commitments with One, Data, the tour etc......) Not to mention that it probably isn't the most pressing issue on his mind when you consider all he's involved with.
He's most definitely not alone in the battle of getting chubbier with age ( I personally think that maybe his waist is expanding a little, but he still looks pretty darn good for his age ) and might very well identify with others who feel a little pudgy too, who are dealing with the fact that we all get old, our waist gets bigger, our hair thins out, our skin wrinkles, etc.. etc.. reality is that it happens to all of us eventually. Doesn't matter if you are part of a famous band or not, eventually it all goes. So enjoy it while you have it :wink: !! We're only human. After all "The goal is soul" (as it says on his guitar) and that has very little to do with the physical.

loveya Bono, no matter what your waist, especially since it's spreading like mine.

:applaud: :applaud: :bow:

Bono looks relaxed and comfortable with himself in these pics. That's waay hot. I'm sure, like somebody said, Bono has more important things on his mind than hitting the gym. Good on him.

Yikes... :ohmy: Well, I'm sure he'll start losing the weight pretty soon. I agree with the posters who said these pictures aren't flattering. At all.

Bono, I love ya man, but it's probably time to start hitting the gym. (Or does he still have that problem with his back?)

Bono might have problems with his back so I am sure he has been advised to be careful with his workout. But being on tour is stressful and he will lose weight, don't worry. He tends to look overworked and tired in many pictures taken in recent years, especially if you look at his face. I don't know it THAT is something we should wish for him. At the moment, he only looks relaxed. We all let ourselves go from time to time. The one thing I wish is that he takes care of himself and of his health. It's his life after all and he should know how far he can/should go physically.

^You really should't be so judgemental! I'm just two years younger than Bono and I too have to wear platform shoes coz of a condition known has Plantaari Faskiitti which in plain English means I've a pain in the heal of the foot that hurts like the devil's jabbing it with a hot poker!! So the thicker the sole of the shoe is, the better according to my doctor. :nerd:

Also both Bono and I were teenagers when the platform shoe was first ever in fashion, so if anyone has the right to wear platform shoes it's the us over 40's!!! :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
^You really should't be so judgemental! I'm just two years younger than Bono and I too have to wear platform shoes coz of a condition known has Plantaari Faskiitti which in plain English means I've a pain in the heal of the foot that hurts like the devil's jabbing it with a hot poker!! So the thicker the sole of the shoe is, the better according to my doctor. :nerd:

Hcbiggs, I have something similar - my dr. said I cannot wear any thin heals or any shoes that have a sole which bends (ironically, athletic shoes are very bad for my feet). I have to wear thicker soles that mimick the cast I have on my leg half the time :huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Hcbiggs, I have something similar - my dr. said I cannot wear any thin heals or any shoes that have a sole which bends (ironically, athletic shoes are very bad for my feet). I have to wear thicker soles that mimick the cast I have on my leg half the time :huh:

Glad to see a fellow sufferer here! :wave: I have what's known as a 'Strasbourg sock', that's the latest treatment for this condition, that I have to wear during the night, and as your cast stretches the ligaments of the sole of the foot. And it wouldn't surprise me if Bono's suffers from this same condition. Age doesn't come by itself, as we say here in Finland! :lol:

Last edited:
GracelandHarley said:

:huh: Where did you get this impression?

He's a self-admitted partier, and a self-admitted health nut NOT! He works out only last minute before each tour, whipping himself into shape... though the tour itself then proves to be a year-long exercise regime times ten! :ohmy:

Read it. He also likes to box.

and besides where did you get your impression? :huh:

Last edited:
GracelandHarley said:

:huh: Where did you get this impression?

Maybe from several pics of him jogging and interviews where he stated he swims in the pool before the tour to get in shape? I'm not saying he does it every day/all day, but he does exercise.

As Bruce Springsteen said it, he's got the physique of a rugby player, he was never super skinny nor is he a super model. I'm sure he will be in shape by November anyway.

^You really should't be so judgemental! I'm just two years younger than Bono and I too have to wear platform shoes coz of a condition known has Plantaari Faskiitti which in plain English means I've a pain in the heal of the foot that hurts like the devil's jabbing it with a hot poker!! So the thicker the sole of the shoe is, the better according to my doctor.

I've got a sort of artritis. I have to wear shoes with a thicker sole than normally.
I'm also short, and people are always asking me: why do you need wear a thicker sole? only because you are short? get over it! stop wearing it!
And when i'm telling them why i wear these shoe, there like: o sorry, i thought ....because you're short....uhmm...

I think bono wear them because of medical reasons!
Not because he's short.

U2girl said:

Maybe from several pics of him jogging and interviews where he stated he swims in the pool before the tour to get in shape? I'm not saying he does it every day/all day, but he does exercise.

As Bruce Springsteen said it, he's got the physique of a rugby player, he was never super skinny nor is he a super model. I'm sure he will be in shape by November anyway.

In the late 80's he could have been a model. :combust:

AtomicLemon said:
Per BonoFox request at posting: 09-02-2006 12:14 AM

You can see Ali in 2nd photo

bonostbt9.jpg

Thank you for postng these Atomic Lemon!!!:up:
Is this the same striped shirt Bono wore in Sarajevo??

Does this mean that the famous purple shirt is on vacation??

or maybe it doesnt fit him at the moment:giggle:....

C U IN DECEMBER BONO :wave: :kiss:

U2girl said:

Exactly. Before the tour. I've read it, and I'd look up the quote if that book wasn't 1000 miles away in my parents' house. It was in an interview from just before Elevation started, if I remember correctly. Like a college student cramming before exams, Bono gets all his excersize in just before the tour. He'll probably be in better shape in November.

I would also be more inclined to say he's an avid partier than an avid jogger, but I don't know; all I know about him, I've gleaned from interviews. :shrug:

I am sure Bono swims more than just before tours. The man spends half of his year in the south of France with pool and his own beach and everything. I mean even I do more swimming, and I am a totally non-sports person. And I heard somewhere that he has a daily exercise. I don't think that he would be able to get through the tours if he didn't train somehow. But as I said before, it might be his back bothering him, and that may very well be the reason why he is wearing these platform shoes.

hcbiggs2002 said:

Also both Bono and I were teenagers when the platform shoe was first ever in fashion, so if anyone has the right to wear platform shoes it's the us over 40's!!! :wink:

Darl, I remember when platforms were in then, don't mean we have to revisit them!

And a sense of humour is a wonderful thing sometimes, wish more people had it.....:wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

They were around when I was a teenager and I'm over 50 and still waiting for the aches and pains.

hcbiggs2002 said:

Glad to see a fellow sufferer here! :wave: I have what's known as a 'Strasbourg sock', that's the latest treatment for this condition, that I have to wear during the night, and as your cast stretches the ligaments of the sole of the foot. And it wouldn't surprise me if Bono's suffers from this same condition. Age doesn't come by itself, as we say here in Finland! :lol:

:wave: Actually, after I posted I realized that I forgot to say I have a different condition, but similar implications as far as footwear. I have "turf toe" which is damage and inflamation to the joints in the big toe. I've seen the Dr. several times and worn a cast that goes up to my knee and every step I take is still painful for me. He said when I look into new work shoes and dress shoes, the thicker/inflexible soles are better than any kind of heel, flat, or athletic shoe.

Different problem, but I still feel your pain! (literally) :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom