Bono called Chris Martin a wanker...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't even know that wanker was an explicitive.

My husband said that maybe since Bono performed with him a few days before maybe Bono knows something about Chris Martin that know one else does and therefore called him a wanker.

But after listening to Bono its just his sense of humor. I really don't think he would say anything bad about Martin to intentionally hurt him. I think he has great respect for him as an artist.

And the Coldplay haters come out in droves. :doh:

I sincerely doubt that Bono was being serious. He probably was just teasing, "Oh, he's a wanker", like a big brother kind of teasing. I don't think he actually hates Chris Martin.

Geez, listening to the interview and reading the reports on it two completely different impressions. Even the host knew he was kidding around, but needed to gloss over Bono "swearing" on her show. There was no awkward silence, no malice, nothing more than just a gaffe on-air.

And the Coldplay haters come out in droves. :doh:

I sincerely doubt that Bono was being serious. He probably was just teasing, "Oh, he's a wanker", like a big brother kind of teasing. I don't think he actually hates Chris Martin.

It's not that people have a problem with Coldplay, it's just Chris Martin being one tosser of a schmuck.

WANKER? All Bono could come up with is wanker? :tsk:

Bono, Bono, Bono, I'm soooo disappointed. You need to upgrade your insult vocabulary. :tsk:

Soddin' Mountain Goat -- Now THAT'S an insult! :D

Holy crap talk about being blown out of proportion, the national news is reporting this as a headline in those 30 sec news spots that they air every half hour.
Tune in at 6 pm for 'Bono's bitter spat with Chris Martin'

The media are a bunch of cretins, really.

Holy crap talk about being blown out of proportion, the national news is reporting this as a headline in those 30 sec news spots that they air every half hour.
Tune in at 6 pm for 'Bono's bitter spat with Chris Martin'

The media are a bunch of cretins, really.

ust in: Bono calls Chris Martin a "wanker"! More news at 11.................

......This just in: Bono calls Chris Martin a "wanker"! More news at 11.................

...................This just in: Bono calls Chris Martin a "wanker"! More news at 11.................

A) I find it unbelievable that anyone could have taken that joke seriously. If you've listened to that bit, you would know it was very obviously all in good fun.
(Tabloids - sheesh!)
B) If anyone was to take offense, it would have been to the exchange just moments earlier, in which Jo Whiley asked, "Do you ever pee in the shower?" to which Bono replied, "It depends on who's in there." :lol: Now that's funny!

So it's OK to ask the band if they pee in the shower, but she demands Bono to apologize for the use of the word "wanker". :confused:

Worse, Perez Hilton, who makes gay people run in shame for fear of being associated with him, has an article about it.

I would be very offended if someone asked me if I urinated in the shower. :madwife: The shower is only for cleaning, eating and maybe having a small fort.

I'm sure Chris will be ok.

It's a little joke among friends, friendly rivalry.

Can't believe anyone is taking this seriously.

This is probably already a top story.

I can now imagine the headline on the front page saying "Bono calls Chris Martin a wanker".

And Perez Hilton, what a laughable person, I can't believe people turn to him for information. :mad:

It's about damn time someone else used the term 'schmuck' here. Even NSW disappoints me with his lack of schmuckuse.

American term?

I like the word tosser over wanker.....tosser just sounds funnier and even more derogatory....because it makes you sound not physically adequate enough enough to wank, so all you can do is toss.

And I don't think Chris Martin's a "wanker", he seems like a top bloke.

I would be very offended if someone asked me if I urinated in the shower. :madwife: The shower is only for cleaning, eating and maybe having a small fort.

You build forts in the shower? Must be a pretty big bathroom you have :D

this beat up had a mention on the front of sydneys sunday paper and was the full page 3 story
annoying because it was a joke spiralled out of control and has made bono look like a rude, arrogant man
that ought to help his reputation! :)

Ever since the Wossy/Brand incident the BBC are totally paranoid about anyone stepping out of line and swearing before the watershed is a complete no-no. There's apparently a list of swear words that people mustn't use on air and wanker is for some reason near the top of the list so Jo Whiley must have gone into panic mode when Bono said it. It's obvious it was said as a joke but as usual the British tabloids have made a big deal over nothing.

Back
Top Bottom