Bono at ONE campaign in Beverly Hills 4/6/05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
lots of pics at wireimage, but it's almost bedtime for me :reject:

a23a6a59.jpg

5f2bef47.jpg

55fe485d.jpg

c2481a34.jpg

bcb1c969.jpg

54e79ffd.jpg

Actor Brad Pitt, second from left, explains why he is involved in Heartland Unite for ONE--The Campaign to Make Poverty History, during a news conference premiering a public service announcement aimed at enlisting public support for the campaign, Wednesday, April 6, 2005, in Beverly Hills, Calif. With Pitt are Jack Valenti, left, the former head of the Motion Picture Association of America, actor Djimon Hounsou, second from right, and singer Bono, right. (AP Photo/Rene Macura)

8ad14970.jpg

thanks SO MUCH, kelly, for these wonderful pics!

Here is some info I found at The ONE Campaign site today:

Apr 06 2005

HOLLYWOOD - April 6, 2005 - ONE announced today that it has enlisted ABC and MTV Networks in the fight against global AIDS and extreme poverty. The networks will support ONE's efforts by donating air time for the world premiere of a new public service announcement starring some of the biggest names in music, movies, politics, and religion.

“The ONE.ORG Spot,” a 60-second video in support of ONE – The Campaign to Make Poverty History, will have its broadcast and cable premiere at 8:59 PM (EST) on Sunday, April 10, on all MTV Networks and MTV Radio affiliates across the world as well as during ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

On this collaboration, Bono, lead singer of U2 and DATA co-founder explains, “When you have a broadcaster like ABC put these issues on primetime TV, that's a real sign things are on the move, treating AIDS and extreme poverty as the emergency it is.

“When you have a MTV Networks roadblocking the ONE.ORG spot, showing it at the same time on all their networks as Pat Robertson showing it on the 700 Club, that's a great sign that people are coming together behind this emergency.

When you have Republicans and Democrats, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Sun Microsystems getting behind this campaign -- it's not the usual suspects. We know we have an opportunity to beat AIDS and end stupid poverty in our lifetimes, this is up to us. “

On ABC, the spot will air during an episode of ABC’s hit series “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” featuring the family of Patricia Broadbent, a courageous mother who has helped three of her adopted children and many others face AIDS with hope, teaching them that life is here for the living. The spot will air again the following Monday in “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How’d They Do That?,” allowing millions of Americans to see the ONE.ORG spot on ABC. ONE and this campaign initially came to the attention of ABC via Frank Pierson and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, for which he serves as president.
MTV Networks has scheduled its first-ever PSA "roadblock" of The ONE.ORG Spot on all of its cable networks worldwide, including MTV Europe, MTV Latin America, MTV Asia, and MTV Base (the network's new channel in Africa). The spots will be seen more than 700 times in the next month on MTV Networks in the U.S., in regular rotation for a full month beyond their April 10 premiere. The "roadblock" will also extend to BET, as well as MTV's domestic online and radio identities, delivering over 4 million online impressions and distributing to over 300 terrestrial FM radio stations as well as MTV Network channels on XM Satellite Radio. In addition, several MTV Network channels, including MTV, VH1, and CMT, will partner with ONE on upcoming initiatives.
“The One campaign could not be a better partner for MTV Networks, as AIDS awareness and education has been a priority of our company for many years," said Judy McGrath, MTV Networks Chairman and CEO."I am inspired by the creativity of "The One.ORG Spot" and its message, and we are so proud to contribute the platform of our 100 channels worldwide to this incredible effort."
ONE is a new effort by Americans to fight the emergency of global AIDS and extreme poverty. The video invites viewers to visit WWW.ONE.ORG to learn more about the crisis and what they can do to make a difference in the fight against global AIDS and poverty. Founded by America's largest humanitarian aid agencies, ONE is not a fundraising effort. It means to recruit an initial ONE million Americans to call for more efforts to fight the emergency of AIDS and extreme poverty.

The ONE video features an all-star cast including religious leaders Pat Robertson and the Most Rev. Frank Griswold, presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church, USA, as well as Tom Hanks, Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz, Al Pacino, Penelope Cruz, Benicio del Toro, Alfre Woodard, Rita Wilson and George Clooney.

"ONE is not a celebrity cause. It's something that people from all backgrounds and political leanings can agree on," said Brad Pitt, who recently visited Ethiopia and South Africa with ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History. "There are no sides to take; there's no argument here. There's a wildfire out there and we have the ability to put it out. What are we going to do?"

ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History and parallel campaigns, including "Make Poverty History" in Canada and the United Kingdom, "Weltweite Aktion gegen Armut" in Germany, and "Zero Poverty" in Spain, are seeking a breakthrough this year.

"The networks are giving a tremendous gift -- letting Americans find out what's going on in Africa and the developing world,” said Oscar nominee Djimon Hounsou. “I think this naturally raises a question -- what will Americans do about it? Is there a way for Americans to help Africans help themselves? The answer is ONE. As in each ONE of us can help, and when we speak as ONE we move mountains."

“God calls us to lift up the poorest people of the world. We've come together with one voice through The ONE Campaign to do just that," said Pat Robertson.

The ONE.ORG Spot was produced by Jon Kamen and Greg Schultz and directed by Marcus Tomlinson of @radical.media. The script was by award-winning copywriter Joe O'Neill, with help from Bono and film producer Rita Wilson, who wrote the campaign's tagline: "We're not asking for your money. We're asking for your voice." The project was brought together by DATA, the group founded by Bono.

The ONE.ORG Spot is the second in a series of videos to be released by ONE. "ONE in the Spirit," a video including endorsements from Michael W. Smith and other Christian recording artists was released in late February.

- # -

The One Campaign is composed of eleven well-known and respected non-profit
and humanitarian organizations including Bread for the World, Care, Data,
PlanUS/Childreach, International Medical Corps, International Rescue
Committee, Mercy Corps, Oxfam America, Save the Children, World Concern and
World Vision. For more information, please visit ONE.ORG

So I gues we'll all finally be able to see the spot we didn't see at the Oscars show - get your recorders ready!

So good to see Bono combining The ONE Campaign's message with the Vertigo tour. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

hi! well i don't really find Bono that attractive for his looks but more his personality but i have to say that some colour and a tan makes him look HOT! :drool:

Thanks Kelly and others for the pix and Jamila for the update :)

I will agree that the coloured shirt and what looks like a bit of a tan really suit the B-man.
I won't post it again but that pic where he is looking over his glasses... well... let's just say I am finding it hard to stop sighing and :drool: ing on the keyboard at the moment ....... :heart:

Last edited:
wow, he is looking GOOD! at first i didn't care for the salmon pink shirt... but with the black jacket over it, it looks sexy! plus, i never knew bono could TAN- i thought he was pale and pasty like the rest of us irish folk! ;)

he looks happy, healthy, and relaxed. :drool:

i also love the closeup of BONOSLEEVES in the last few photos! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom