Blue Mountains, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John and I are having a fun little conversation:

John says:
you know what I'm looking forward to on the unfortgettable fire remaster?:p

Me:
Everything?

John says:
yeah but having the EPAA lyrics in the booklet :p

Me:
:D
I'm contemplating whether or not I'd like a rerecording of the song <_<

John says:
I can imagine Edge ringing Bono and asking what the hell :p

Me:
Dear Bono,

As you may more may not know, I've been working on remasters for our first few albums, and what do you know, we have a song on there that i must've missed. You might be familiar with it, it's called Elvis Presley and America. Anyways, funny thing, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A DAMN WORD YOUR SAYING. Think you could maybe, oh I don't know, write down the lyrics or something?

Love always,

The Edge

John says:
"Dear Edge, I can't remember the lyrics to One let alone Jesus Presley and Africa"

Me:
Dear The Edge,

Hmm, I didn't know what you were talking about so I called up Adam, and he informs me that it's on an album of ours called The Unforgettable Fire. I don't recall that album, but he tells me it was around the time we released the singles Bad and Pride. Anywho! I gave it a listen, can't understand a thing myself. I figure we might as well rerecord it, give it new vocals. Not sure what it's about, but I'm fairly positive it's something to do with Africa.

From the past to the better future,

Bono

John says:
"Black Flash...yes that was baout Africa...it was how bleak, total death I saw on tv while flipping through the channels, a black flash if you will"

What did your myspace message to D. say? or do you not want to post it here? Or did you and I missed it?
It's about ten threads back, lol. Let me see if it's stored in an email anywhere.

I need to get into Broooce more.

I've got to get him into my life, if you will.

WOOT! Well, here in the US, you know, it's customary to get wasted, make a total ass of yourself, stick your tongue down the throat of someone you normally wouldn't share more than 10 words with and finish the night by puking on someone else's boots.

At least that's how I remember it going for my friends. :lol:

WOOT! Well, here in the US, you know, it's customary to get wasted, make a total ass of yourself, stick your tongue down the throat of someone you normally wouldn't share more than 10 words with and finish the night by puking on someone else's boots.

At least that's how I remember it going for my friends. :lol:

That's how I WANTED to spend it, then I realized it was on a Sunday this year, and I have 10 Am classes on Mondays :sad:

I'm not sure that's ever really stopped anyone. Although it's probably pretty early in the year to be skipping class.

It is literally my most important class: Video Productions. Pretty much the only class I'm currently taking that is actually focused on what it is I want to do with my life

PShhh come on, you can youtube that shit! Why don't you let me make you a CD :hyper:
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

uh...please? :hyper:

Bono on Elvis Presley and America Part 1:

Black Flash: This was me catching the end of a news report on Africa; it was so bleak a real black flash if you will
Black Flash of my Own Love: Later I found out it was a news report on my work in Africa so that's why it's of my own love
Tell me of my eyes: News reports have always talked about my eyes for some reason...I'm not sure why...I wish they'd talk about my knees...but I like it anyway
Black Flash comes my own life: I really felt this flash of a news report about me summed up everything about my life...really I am a true African hero
Telling me to sing: I knew after seeing this I just had to sing...so I got up and sang and Eno just looked at me and said wow...but I think he was high

And I believe in You, and I believe in you: This lyric pretty much explains itself you see I wouldn't have been able to go to Africa if I didn't believe in it existing...it's one of my deepest moments

Black Flash sees the Sky: Before the Joshua Tree became huge; I bought this really nice house for me and Ali and we got it really cheap...but we couldn't afford to get a roof put in
And it turns its side from you: My tv was on wheels and the house was lopsided (another reason it was so cheap) the tv often moved...
She won't turn my back: This was the day I realised...I was stronger than Ali and she couldn't force me to turn around if I didn't want to...right of passage really
And I know...you...too...smooth: This was about how cool I am

And you know and your sky is feeling blue: I was just lying in my roofless house looking up at the sky and thought..."Is the sky blue because it's depressed?"
And your heart it's so cold when I'm with you: People always act bitchy around me...I never understood why...
And you feel like no one told you too: People say don't feel bad but you do!!!!!! you always do!
And your time is your side: The only thing you'll always have with you in life is time...deep huh?

Part 2

And you're...tonguing me...oh don't talk to me, oh don't talk to me, don't talk to me: This was me commenting on those people who always seem to talk to you while they french kiss you quite disgusting I feel personally...no soul

And you know like no one told you how: This was me poetically saying you don't know; don't I rock?
But you know the Kings that howl howl: This again was me being poetic about people who are a little...unlearnt
And you feel...like...sentimental but you don't care: I thought sentimental would be a good word here, but I didn't like it much after I said it...
I just share in your heart, hopelessly, so hopelessly, I'm breaking for you and me:This is all about sharing the same heart, true love...love for the soul...love for African children who are starving

And you know though no one told you to: This is about rebelling...the African kids need to know there is food even if the president of the country doesn't tell them it exists
And you found out; where you were going where to: This is about me telling the African kids of what the future will be like...Edge came from there and he told me there was no starvation so I told them...I told them all
And you're through with me but I know that you'll be back for more: This is about how people leave me alone when I have no food but once I get some they come back...I think they might like food a little

Bono on Elvis Presley and America Part 1:

Telling me to sing: I knew after seeing this I just had to sing...so I got up and sang and Eno just looked at me and said wow...but I think he was high
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Part 3

And you know, though no one told you so: This is about our inert knowledge like that a triangle has....3...is it? sides
And you know the sky; like a honey shade of blue: Not many people know this but when honey goes off it turns blue...I thought it was a good metaphor
And you want, and you want to let go: They want to let go of the poverty they really do!
Pick me up; and on outside, tell me don't fade away, drop me down but don't break me in your sleep:I've always felt insecure like the person I was cuddling with would just drop me and I'd break while they just slept...:(
Oh see man the sigh it's in your heart in land, oh see and star it's in your heart man: Even though depression may be in your heart there is also a star in there...like me...
See in your come, nothings in your side, you're walking, something in your heart, feels like something new: I have no clue what I was going on about here...
See sa a la say so say you say da ba va, don't say you say da ba va ca: This is me speaking an original African dialect...I swear...you could look it up but it's gone now...except from me...

And you know you might swim your white brow: This is about how the white man might swim for Africa or something...
And you care though no one told you try: This is about how great I am; I wasn't told to help Africa but I just did

I'll be okay, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. I've had a bad back for years due to a heavy chest and bad posture. But I sleep on my side with my arm under my pillow, and that just makes it worse (but I basically can't sleep in any other position), and from time to time, my upper back just gets really sore from it.

I think I'm gonna take one of the heavy painkillers left over from my dental work. That should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom