Blue Mountains, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be drinking again until Sunday after almost getting arrested this past Saturday, but I believe a Labyrinth drinking game will mark said occasion

How did you almost get arrested? :ohmy:

How did you almost get arrested? :ohmy:

HAHA! Welllll...God this is a long story. OK!

So as you know, I was playing Beer pong with my cousin, uncle and some of my cousin's friends. My uncle aside, everyone was underage. Anyways, we get done playing, and everyone's hungry, so Aunt Christy, who had not been drinking, takes us all (except my Uncle, thank God) to Whataburger. We get there, and they tell us it's going to be a minute and ask us to pull up and wait. So we wait. And while we're waiting a cop drives by. Two minutes later, ANOTHER cop drives by. It's been like ten minutes, and they still haven't given us our Taquitos, so Cody (my cousin) and his friend, Daniel, decide they're going to go ask what the hold up is. Aunt Christy tries to stop them from getting out of the car, but they're gone, when Cody remembers he's still in his swim trunks, so he and Daniel come running back to the car, and they're play fighting on the way. Right as they get back, a THIRD cop drives by. He slams on his breaks, and pulls into the Whataburger parking lot right in front of us. The two of them jump out of the car, and the cop shines his flood light at us. I was PISSED and terrified. But mostly pissed, because only I would have the luck to get arrested for underrage drinking a WEEK before my 21st birthday. So he walks up and asks if everything's all right. Cody is sitting there staring STRAIGHT ahead, and Aunt Christy goes, "Yeah we're just waiting on our taquitos." Then the cop asks what was up with the two of them, and she goes, "They were just fooling around, I told them to get back in the car." The cop takes a few more looks around, I'm about to start crying, and then he says all right and walks away. Oh My God, it felt like everyone took a breath at once. And so we're sitting here still waiting for our food, he's going back to his car, and gets in and we think it's all ok right? Well then a FOURTH cop pulls up, and he pulls into the parking lot to see what's up. So now I'm convinced that we are going to jail. They sit there, and they sit there, and FINALLy they leave, I seriously, at this point in time, wanted to cry. I was so happy.

So as you know, I was playing Beer pong with my cousin, uncle and some of my cousin's friends. My uncle aside, everyone was underage. Anyways, we get done playing, and everyone's hungry, so Aunt Christy, who had not been drinking, takes us all (except my Uncle, thank God) to Whataburger. We get there, and they tell us it's going to be a minute and ask us to pull up and wait. So we wait. And while we're waiting a cop drives by. Two minutes later, ANOTHER cop drives by. It's been like ten minutes, and they still haven't given us our Taquitos, so Cody (my cousin) and his friend, Daniel, decide they're going to go ask what the hold up is. Aunt Christy tries to stop them from getting out of the car, but they're gone, when Cody remembers he's still in his swim trunks, so he and Daniel come running back to the car, and they're play fighting on the way. Right as they get back, a THIRD cop drives by. He slams on his breaks, and pulls into the Whataburger parking lot right in front of us. The two of them jump out of the car, and the cop shines his flood light at us. I was PISSED and terrified. But mostly pissed, because only I would have the luck to get arrested for underrage drinking a WEEK before my 21st birthday. So he walks up and asks if everything's all right. Cody is sitting there staring STRAIGHT ahead, and Aunt Christy goes, "Yeah we're just waiting on our taquitos." Then the cop asks what was up with the two of them, and she goes, "They were just fooling around, I told them to get back in the car." The cop takes a few more looks around, I'm about to start crying, and then he says all right and walks away. Oh My God, it felt like everyone took a breath at once. And so we're sitting here still waiting for our food, he's going back to his car, and gets in and we think it's all ok right? Well then a FOURTH cop pulls up, and he pulls into the parking lot to see what's up. So now I'm convinced that we are going to jail. They sit there, and they sit there, and FINALLy they leave, I seriously, at this point in time, wanted to cry. I was so happy.

:ohmy: Holy crap, I would be freaking out.

Also, fast food seems to be appealing when drunk. My favourite food when I've been drinking is Taco Bell. :lol:

I still can't believe I ate Whataburger without realizing it. It has been my solemn oath to never eat there.

So I just phoned my mother for her birthday, and some landscaping work's being done where I used to live, and I love the fact that truckloads of dirt are being delivered on her birthday. What a present!

I'm now going to give her some dirt for Christmas.

Wait, wait, you can get arrested simply for being drunk under the age of 21 there? Holy shit! Here, it's legal to drink with parental supervision. If you're under 18 and getting pissed at home with your family, that's not against the law.

And how come you'd solemnly vowed not to eat at this Whataburger place?

It's not that, just the thought of the place makes me nauseated because everyone down here PURPOSELY calls it WATERburger

Wait, wait, you can get arrested simply for being drunk under the age of 21 there? Holy shit! Here, it's legal to drink with parental supervision. If you're under 18 and getting pissed at home with your family, that's not against the law.

And how come you'd solemnly vowed not to eat at this Whataburger place?
Yeah, you can.
Though I'm not positive, I've heard before that as long as you're at home with parental supervision or the like (under 21, not 18, however ...) that you're fine, but again, not positive. That's just what I've heard. I'm not too up to speed on the drinking laws around here other than the basic 21.

It's not that, just the thought of the place makes me nauseated because everyone down here PURPOSELY calls it WATERburger

See, it looks to me like it could almost be a Maori place name. Shame 'b' and 'g' don't exist in Maori. But so many places in New Zealand start with 'whata-'!

Ah, right.
I've never eaten at White Castle and can't say that I care too simply because the thought of the food served there makes me nauseous!

I was wondering! :lol:
No. My coworkers and I are on our work Im and they're tryign to talk music, even the most basic popular 60's and 70's music and...:sigh: They phail collins harshly. It's frustrating me.

ooh, another one. :hmm:

I have a feeling this is Ashley expressing her uncomfortableness at my sudden, random outburst. Or she could be trying to interject into the conversation to bring up another subject.

that crazy answer was not nearly as cool as the one from last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom