Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
Yeah, the worst part is, the extent of the bonus features will likely be (if we're lucky) a commentary, still photos (from the movie), and a 5-minute "making of" documentary. Argh...

:lmao: I can fucking take my own screenshots!

Dear EYKIW Survivor voters,

First you kick out Treasure, now you're going after Bass Trap?

You all suck.

Sincerely,
Ax

Axver said:

:lmao: I can fucking take my own screenshots!

Or press the pause button...:lol: OK, I'm embellishing here. No way could the features be that bad.

Oh, wait, Across The Universe had that exact feature. Sums up its shittiness quite thoroughly.

And somebody's bumped the "U2's relationship with their fans" thread. :|

Now there's a lost cause. All the totally blinded fans on this forum make any reasonable discussion there absolutely impossible. It's a simple fact that U2 are incredibly distant from their fans. The fact that an unofficial messageboard like this does SIGNIFICANTLY better than the band's official board really says it all there.

Axver said:

Now there's a lost cause. All the totally blinded fans on this forum make any reasonable discussion there absolutely impossible. It's a simple fact that U2 are incredibly distant from their fans. The fact that an unofficial messageboard like this does SIGNIFICANTLY better than the band's official board really says it all there.

Plus it's a fucking ripoff to use Zootopia. If you've got someone willing to pay to talk about U2, you aren't getting a rational discussion.

Axver said:

I choose to believe that U2 actually does care about their fans, but you're pretty much right...they would spit on us if we were on fire, but only after September.

coolian2 said:

Plus it's a fucking ripoff to use Zootopia. If you've got someone willing to pay to talk about U2, you aren't getting a rational discussion.

Well put.

I remember a forum about a particular book turned into a pay-only site because the authors couldn't hack the fact they were getting so criticised on their forum and wanted to shut down discussion to just people who agree. It was hilarious.

coolian2 said:
From Oztips:

98%/$1.03 Cats
Demons $11.00/2%

$ value = value at Sportstab
% value = percentage of tippers who've tipped the Demons

:lmao: :lmao:

Oh, the Demons are so fucked. I'm calling a 170-30 scoreline.

Axver said:

Well put.

I remember a forum about a particular book turned into a pay-only site because the authors couldn't hack the fact they were getting so criticised on their forum and wanted to shut down discussion to just people who agree. It was hilarious.

Nothing worse than the kind of person or group who aren't willing to hear any criticism of what they've put in the public domain.

LemonMelon said:

I choose to believe that U2 actually does care about their fans, but you're pretty much right...they would spit on us if we were on fire, but only after September.

:lol:

I don't think U2 don't give a shit. Bono's always been protective of even the lunatic fans at gigs who try to get on stage. I just think they're completely out of touch and not even aware of what their fanbase thinks. Edge's quote that they don't play LNOE because he doesn't think it's another SBS or NYD speaks volumes.

LM, regarding your top 50 albums:

The ones I know the artist but haven't heard the album in whole:

Steely Dan, Zeppelin HOTH, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, REM, Stone Roses, Supergrass, Randy Newman (really?), Beck, Gorillaz, Todd Rundgren, Prince, Pulp, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Yes, Flaming Lips, My Bloody Valentine, Blur, The Who, Franz F., Spoon, Shins, Nike Drake, My Morning Jacket, Beastie Boys, Elton John, Wilco, and Rolling Stones.

The ones I've never heard of:

Moody Blues, Super Furry Animals, Funkadelic, Donald Fagan

Axver said:

I don't think U2 don't give a shit.

Oh, really? I probably should have made this out of spite then. :uhoh:

u2reallyoldmd6.gif

Axver said:

Heroine.

It's not about the drug. :laugh:

All these years that I'd never heard it I thought it was. :reject: It would make sense with songs like Bad and Running to Stand Still written as bookends to it.

the tourist said:

All these years that I'd never heard it I thought it was. :reject: It would make sense with songs like Bad and Running to Stand Still written as bookends to it.

I think calling it Heroin would be just a little too obvious by U2's eighties standards! :laugh:

the tourist said:
LM, regarding your top 50 albums:

The ones I know the artist but haven't heard the album in whole:

Steely Dan, Zeppelin HOTH, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, REM, Stone Roses, Supergrass, Randy Newman (really?), Beck, Gorillaz, Todd Rundgren, Prince, Pulp, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Yes, Flaming Lips, My Bloody Valentine, Blur, The Who, Franz F., Spoon, Shins, Nike Drake, My Morning Jacket, Beastie Boys, Elton John, Wilco, and Rolling Stones.

The ones I've never heard of:

Moody Blues, Super Furry Animals, Funkadelic, Donald Fagan

Ha, well, it would be easy for me to say to listen to them all, but that's a lot to catch up on. Probably the most key albums there are Stones - Sticky Fingers, My Bloody Valentine - Loveless, and Stevie Wonder - Innervisions. I think it's pretty interesting that you know as many obscure artists as you do, but haven't heard those. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:

Ha, well, it would be easy for me to say to listen to them all, but that's a lot to catch up on. Probably the most key albums there are Stones - Sticky Fingers, My Bloody Valentine - Loveless, and Stevie Wonder - Innervisions. I think it's pretty interesting that you know as many obscure artists as you do, but haven't heard those. :hmm:

Well I've heard OF a lot of those. I've probably heard songs off of a lot of them too. The ones that I would've gotten eventually anyway would've probably been House of the Holy by Zeppelin, the Franz Ferdiand one, the My Bloody Valentine one, and the Beck one.

OK folks, I'm off to go tramspotting. I should be back in a couple of hours. Have a good one! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom