Black & White Pix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is another big one! (I know you didn't need them this big but maybe the higher resolution photos will work better for whatever you need them for?)

U2VertigoBWpromoj.jpg~original

I like this one just a weensy bit better. I love it when they look like they're having fun.

U2ElevationGorgeous4.jpg%257Eoriginal.jpg

You posted most of them in the River in a Time of Dryness thread. I do love them. It's always great when you can tell that they like the journalist or photographer they are working with. Neat trick about turning them black and white, eh?

I've switched a few photos in this thread to black n white for the OP. :wink: Of course it can be done to any color pic they might like! But I tried to stick with original black and white photos everywhere I can, and only supplemented with a converted color photo a few times where we needed one or two more photos. :hmm:

Yeah, when they get switched the tones are not as rich or the contrasts as deep. But it's a fun toy.

Incidentally it does seem like picasa has an automatic cap and resize on big files, so I think flickr is more what you want, provided an embed feature exists. I'll poke around a bit more.

Also, I like that every time I click on one of these pages with your giant files my computer takes a deep breath and goes, "Okay, just give me a sec...." even when it's already in my cache. They are so big!

Yeah, when they get switched the tones are not as rich or the contrasts as deep. But it's a fun toy.

Incidentally it does seem like picasa has an automatic cap and resize on big files, so I think flickr is more what you want, provided an embed feature exists. I'll poke around a bit more.

Yeah I try to enhance the tones when I convert to black and white, but most times you can still spot the converts. That's why I've tried to do that as little as possible here. I'm still using Photobucket, as much as I can't stand them! They think they are a social networking site now. :down: They're really trying to make it happen. It was much better when they were just a photo hosting and storage site. It's really annoying.

Also, I like that every time I click on one of these pages with your giant files my computer takes a deep breath and goes, "Okay, just give me a sec...." even when it's already in my cache. They are so big!

LOL sorry! Most of them I have even reduced the size. Years ago we had a thread called the giant size or huge picture thread, or something like that, where people could post the really huge files. Because back when so many people still had dial-up, the giant pics would blow everyone's computers up. :lol: We tried to keep it all in one place because they caused such a big problem. We should search for that thread and see what might still be in there. :hmm:

These last few are post NLOTH and 360 Tour, but I suppose they are still part of that era until we have a new album.

QAwards10-24-201146bw.jpg~original

QPhotoshoot201145fxbw.jpg~original

GQMOTYcap47.jpg~original

U2GQMenoftheYear9-2011.jpg~original

So I guess that's it from me for now, hopefully you got something you can use here. :D

Back
Top Bottom