Best Song Survivor v2: Grand Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
This is the VERY LAST round. The results of this round will be the forum's U2 Top 30. You may vote for as many or as few songs as you like, remembering each vote cast (or not cast) is valuable in determining the final rank order.

Welcome to the GRAND FINAL in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album was featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of semi-finalists from each era was based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

The tie-breaker between Mysterious Ways and Love Is Blindness ultimately did not turn out to be a tie-breaker at all. Out of 94 votes cast, 6 were for Neither ... and 48 each were for Mysterious Ways and Love Is Blindness. So I'm doing exactly what I said I would do if this happened. Fuck it. With apologies to the fans of Mysterious Ways, my deciding vote goes to Love Is Blindness. MW will naturally be 31st. After all, any ranking needs its "just missed out" entry!

In the final, we have one song from Boy; one from October; one from War; three from The Unforgettable Fire; four from The Joshua Tree; two from Rattle And Hum; five from Achtung Baby; two from Zooropa; none from Passengers; two from Pop; three from All That You Can't Leave Behind; one from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb; four from No Line On The Horizon; one non-album single; no b-sides or other tracks. Funnily enough, the only two albums to get all their tracks from their era's semi-final to the grand final are RAH and ATYCLB, though the latter should be qualified by stating that two non-album tracks that made the semis from the ATYCLB era failed to proceed.

I'm seriously considering only voting for my single favorite song here: Please. But I'll hold my vote for a bit.

Twelve songs definitely have my vote:
- TEC
- Gloria
- NYD
- ASOH
- UF
- OTH
- Heartland
- Acrobat
- LIB
- Zooropa
- Gone
- Fez

I'm tossing up whether or not to vote for Bad (it's been a favourite of mine for so fucking long, even the studio version, but I'm just not feeling it quite as strongly right now) and for Please. Maybe The Fly too, but it has sharply dropped off for me lately as far as the studio version is concerned.

The Electric Co., A Sort Of Homecoming, The Unforgettable Fire, One Tree Hill, All I Want Is You, The Fly, Walk On, Kite, City of Blinding Lights, Magnificent.

But I wanted to choose them all. :)

Made me limit myself to 15, really tough but the winners were:

New Year's Day
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You
Running To Stand Still
The Fly
Love Is Blindness
Zooropa
Stay
Gone
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Magnificent
Fez-Being Born
Breathe

Make that 16. :reject:

at the last second I threw one in for Gloria

- Gloria
- Beautiful Day
- Streets
- Zooropa

4 of my 5 favourite U2 songs, so all have my vote. And let's throw a vote at Magnifico as well, a new song that currently sits in my top ten. Tempted to also throw a vote at the exceptional UF and NYD and Please as well.

The only average tunes are Electrico, Gone and Nloth.

It really is a cracking final 30

Whoa whoa whoa. Do I see Magnificent in first place?

(Not that I'm complaining)

Streets
All I Want is You
New Years Day
Acrobat
Ultraviolet
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Kite
Please

and I forgot to vote for With or Without You can you add it manually Axver?

new year's day
the unforgettable fire
streets
one tree hill
heartland
zooropa
hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
gone
city of blinding lights
no line on the horizon
fez-being born
the fly

shit, i voted for breathe and meant to vote for magnificent. very sorry ax, could you -1 for breathe and +1 for magnificent?

actually, given the totals i'll let you know if i want the +1 for magnificent when the round ends, lol. don't want it to win or place too highly!

gloria, a sort of homecoming, the unforgettable fire, one tree hill, heartland, the fly, ultraviolet, acrobat, hmtmkmkm, gone, please, city of blinding lights, no line on the horizon, magnificent, fez-being born, breathe.

Oh I love how overrated the new album is at this time. I mean, it's good and all, but how can Magnificent be the 2nd best U2 song. I mean, come on. Really?

The Electric Co.
Gloria
New Year's Day
A Sort Of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire
One Tree Hill
Until The End Of The World
Ultra Violet
Zooropa
Stay
Beautiful Day
No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Fez-Being Born

Write in vote for: MYSTERIOUS WAYS!

I don't care for the 'Deciding vote' between LIB & MW, Axver. Just wanted to put that out there, since the tiebreaker did end in a tie :)

Sure Ian, can fix your vote.

I don't really see why you couldn't have just added LIB and MW after all that, Ax.

You can only have 30 options maximum. There HAD to be a tiebreaker and I made it clear I'd cast a deciding vote for LIB if it was still a tie. Nobody objected while the round was actually open.

If we're going solely for the utmost favourites, then I'm sorry Ax. ASOH and OTH don't make the cut for me in this list. I am HAPPY to see Fez in here.

The Electric Co.
Gloria
New Year's Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
With Or Without You
All I Want Is You

The Fly
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness