Best Song Survivor: Passengers Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).

The three songs with the most votes proceed to the semi-finals. Please vote for all the songs you want to proceed, but preferably no more than five.

Welcome to the one and only round for Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top three songs from this round will proceed to the semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round of Zooropa, Dirty Day was eliminated in a mercy-ruling. Zooropa, Lemon, and Stay advance to the semi-finals.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
10. Babyface
9. Some Days Are Better Than Others
8. The Wanderer
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
6. Numb
5. The First Time
4. Dirty Day
1-3. QUALIFIED

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

NINETIES SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Acrobat
5. Zooropa
6. Lemon
7. Stay

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
34 votes: Dirty Day
10: Lemon
4: Stay
2: Zooropa
(Total votes: 50 - mercy ruled)

United Colours, Slug, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, and One Minute Warning. Slug and Beach Sequence especially. Your Blue Room doesn't need my help. I could have thrown a vote at some other songs like Corpse and Let's Go Native, but I stuck with the five song quasi-limitation.

I really hope Miss Sarajevo doesn't go through but I know it will. It's not a bad song, but there is so much better here.

And Elvis Ate America is the worst U2 song ever.

ugh, it ate my post. wtf.

sorry, i had to vote for more than five :reject: :uhoh:

united colours, your blue room, slug, beach sequence, always forever now, miss sarajevo, and elvis ate america.

Slug, Your Blue Room, Miss Sarajevo.

I like others especially Corpse and Beach Sequence, but I feel the other 3 deserve to go more.

How the HELL does Elvis Ate America have more votes than One Minute Warning.

Sorry Ax, I did the usual stupid thing and voted before I read the rules....can you please discount my vote for Elvis Ate America and instead put me down with votes for Slug, Your Blue Room, Corpse, One Minute Warning and A Different Kind Of Blue please.

Sorry Ax, I did the usual stupid thing and voted before I read the rules....can you please discount my vote for Elvis Ate America and instead put me down with votes for Slug, Your Blue Room, Corpse, One Minute Warning and A Different Kind Of Blue please.

Shouldn't be a problem!

I'm just glad Passengers gets three songs. YBR and Miss Sarajevo seem obvious ... I suppozse Slug's the obvious third but nice for it to get a chance to progress.

I just think it's a shame Beach Sequence looks like it'll be shut out, since I think it's easily one of the most beautiful songs U2 have ever done.

:lol:I voted Elvis coz I was used to vote for the least fav.
But anyway I would`ve voted for MS , Slug , YBR , Always and Beach Sequence.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Same here Axver , I was still asleep:lol:
Sarajevo , Slug , YBR , AFN and Beach Sequence

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Same here Axver , I was still asleep:lol:
Sarajevo , Slug , YBR , AFN and Beach Sequence

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Heh, that's OK. I'll adjust the results appropriately when I start the next round.

I just think it's a shame Beach Sequence looks like it'll be shut out, since I think it's easily one of the most beautiful songs U2 have ever done.

I love it, it's my favourite from Passengers.

I voted for that, Slug, Your blue Room and One Minute Warning. How EAA has six votes is beyond me.

Didn't vote for Miss Sarajevo, the studio version isn't all that great, besides of course Pav's verse.

I always thought Elvis Ate America would be widely regarded as U2's worst song apparently not...then again form what I've seen on the results in the top songs contest Passengers gets no love at all :(

Slug, Your Blue Room, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, Miss Sarajevo.

The first half of this album is amazing. It drags a bit in the latter half (culminated by Elvis Ate America which is really bad, not to mention the fact that it doesn't fit the album at all), but Theme From Let's Go Native is really funky.

I always thought Elvis Ate America would be widely regarded as U2's worst song apparently not...then again form what I've seen on the results in the top songs contest Passengers gets no love at all :(

Passengers is one of my top 5 U2 albums, possibly 6th now if NLOTH continues to go up in my esteem!

Beach Sequence, OMW, Always Forever Now, Corpse, Slug.

I could have also voted for Let's Go Native, or Ito Okashi, or even The Swan (you need to crank it on headphones)... heck, I could have voted for practically all of it, except Miss Sarajevo.

Leaving aside NLOTH's novelty factor, Passengers has been my favourite U2 (and friends) album over the last year or two.

why are we doing this differently than the others yet it still gets 3 songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom