Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the seventh 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Lady With The Spinning Head's run as the longest surviving b-side in the tournament came to a close last round.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Slug
15. Miss Sarajevo
=13. Last Night On Earth
=13. Your Blue Room
12. Lemon
11. Mysterious Ways
10. Lady With The Spinning Head

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
35 votes: Lady With The Spinning Head
22: Please
8: Mofo
6: HMTMKMKM
5: Stay
3: Acrobat, Zooropa, Gone
2: The Fly
1: Until The End Of The World
(Total votes: 88)

I could vote for any of UTEOTW, Stay, Mofo, Please, and HMTMKMKM. All good songs, but I don't feel as passionately about them as I do about The Fly, Acrobat, Zooropa, and Gone.

I'll stick with my Please vote from the last round. Judging by that round's outcome, perhaps we could get a mercy rule happening here.

It's a toss-up between Please and Hold Me Blah... but I think I'll go Please here.

Hoping Until the End of the World gets the win, though I wouldn't be adverse to Zooropa making it either.

What are the odds of a Bad vs Until the End of the World final?

Mofo once again but am conceding Please to all the elitists out there :)lol:)

I'm voting Acrobat, all of these songs are all mouthwateringly awesome.

But Please is probably gonna go, undeservedly, it deserves much, much more respect.

The live version does. The single version perhaps too. The album version leaves a bit to be desired I think.

If anything needs more respect it's Acrobat :sad:

There will be hell to pay if you people oust Acrobat, the best U2 song of the nineties.

Zooropa 'til it's gone, file it under "trying too hard" in the U2 dictionary.

I'm voting for whatever I can to attempt to protect Please.

fuuuuuuuuuuuu<ad infinitum>uuuuuuuuuuuck.

Speaking of Please, isn't it usually agreed that it is the best song on Pop? Then why is it going before Gone and Mofo?

Je ne comprends pas.

Gone >>>>>>>>>>> Please.

Speaking in generalities, I'd say this forum favours Gone as the best song on Pop. For once, EYKIW gets something right.

Back
Top Bottom