Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They already were, now it just gets ratcheted up. To levels you've never dreamed of back there in the Eastern Time Zone.....where the day is dark and the night is long.

True. They managed to convince the Chinese organizers to stage the swim events in the morning just so that we viewers in EST could relax and watch in our leisurely prime time TV hours. Clearly, the EST target market is tres important. From the ads that I have been seeing, we must be big purchasers of Visa cards, McDonald's chicken sandwiches and John McCain sour pickles.

True. They managed to convince the Chinese organizers to stage the swim events in the morning just so that we viewers in EST could relax and watch in our leisurely prime time TV hours. Clearly, the EST target market is tres important. From the ads that I have been seeing, we must be big purchasers of Visa cards, McDonald's chicken sandwiches and John McCain sour pickles.

If you're only having that crap advertised to you, can we switch back to the way things are meant to be?

You know, I lived the first 26 years of my life in Da EST. I never forget my roots. The cool thing about the Central time zone is we draft off of EST, just one hour earlier. If we were in the Mountain time zone, we'd be totally screwed, and, u2popmofo lives in that time zone, so you do the math on that.

The Japanese breast stroker guy is fairly awesome.

I read something that they may go actually and truly live in all US time zones when it comes time for Phelps to race in his last race, or whichever race it is that makes him break some end-all, be-all record.

I miss central time zone - 7:00 - 10:00 feels so much better for prime TV watching than 8:00 - 11:00. I can't stay up until 11 most nights, and watching Letterman or whoever is right out of the equation. Who can stay up that late to watch local news?

I read something that they may go actually and truly live in all US time zones when it comes time for Phelps to race in his last race, or whichever race it is that makes him break some end-all, be-all record.

If he wins gold in his next two, then his last race will be for most gold medals at any one Olympics. Eight.

You know, I lived the first 26 years of my life in Da EST. I never forget my roots. The cool thing about the Central time zone is we draft off of EST, just one hour earlier. If we were in the Mountain time zone, we'd be totally screwed, and, u2popmofo lives in that time zone, so you do the math on that.

The Japanese breast stroker guy is fairly awesome.

Yeah, actually I have spent more time in CST than EST when it comes down to it. I don't know how I feel about you drafting off us tho. I'm not sure if that's good sportsmanship. Or just luck.

*ahem*

Go Japan! Gambatta nei! (i can't spell worth shite)

I giggle when the announcer proclaims that someone is "the greatest breast stroker in the world". :lol: yeah, i know. immature.

Yeah, actually I have spent more time in CST than EST when it comes down to it. I don't know how I feel about you drafting off us tho. I'm not sure if that's good sportsmanship. Or just luck.

*ahem*

Go Japan! Gambatta nei! (i can't spell worth shite)

I giggle when the announcer proclaims that someone is "the greatest breast stroker in the world". :lol: yeah, i know. immature.

I've spent 16 months in the CST. 10 years in the PST. 2 weeks in Japan. That's how I roll.

The luck references will not die anytime soon, methinks.

Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm in love with Natalie Coughlin. That is all.

And come on... seriously girl? A false start in an Olympic semi-final? C'mon.

well that sucks for the chinese girl. good news for libby trickett tho.

nbc would be crazy not to show a phelps last race (assuming he keeps things up as he has) LIVE. then again, I think they're crazy for not showing the "live" coverage now to our poor west coasters. they're like the red-headed stepchildren of teevee.

Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm in love with Natalie Coughlin. That is all.

And come on... seriously girl? A false start in an Olympic semi-final? C'mon.

Don't pretend that you watch/follow/play sports, please. Go listen to your video game podcast.

I saw Natalie first! :mad:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

well that sucks for the chinese girl. good news for libby trickett tho.

nbc would be crazy not to show a phelps last race (assuming he keeps things up as he has) LIVE. then again, I think they're crazy for not showing the "live" coverage now to our poor west coasters. they're like the red-headed stepchildren of teevee.

I could bore the shit out of you while explaining why they do what they do, but, I'm not that cruel....and the fact that the CBC does not do it is irrelevant, least someone point that out.

Regardless, yeah, you're damned if you do and damned if you do not as it pertains to West Coast programming....but, Saturday's race will be LIVE across the board since it's the weekend.

Don't pretend that you watch/follow/play sports, please. Go listen to your video game podcast.

I saw Natalie first! :mad:

Pfft. You'll have to fight me for her...and her fiance.

There are two sporting events in this sad world of ours that are actually worth giving a shit about. Those are Wimbledon and the Summer Olympics. So far both this year have been fucking amazing.

There are two sporting events in this sad world of ours that are actually worth giving a shit about. Those are Wimbledon and the Summer Olympics. So far both this year have been fucking amazing.

Hey now.

Why you gotta be so mean to baseball?

:sad:

Hard to argue with the amazingness of Wimbledon, at least as it pertained to the Men's final. Easy to argue with everything else that spews forth from your maw.

Natalie is engaged? Why? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom