Because I can't NOT share this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah! Duuuuuh :der: I forgot about the South of France! He spent the summer there and it lightened his hair! :yes: :cool: heheheh

Yeah...I think my friend is right. Plus she keeps insisting it's true and that one day I will believe her lol. I DO believe, IdoIdoIdoIdo! Maybe if I clap my hands several times bono's hair will come back to life...erm...I mean...

But his hair was black in France, and he always wore that hat. He dyed his hair this color just before the Nelson Mandela thing. I really don't see an issue here. Whether this is, ever was, or ever will be his natural color, it IS dyed, because it used to have grey in it and now it does not. Beard as well. End of story IMO:shrug:

Hair, in it's natural state, is rarely all the same color. Most brunets have some red and blond hairs mixed in with the brown (not to mention different shades of each color). Sunlight and other factors will bring out the odd shades.

Whether the current reddish brown is Bono's natural color or a good dye job, it's certainly a lot better than that blatantly phony black dye job he had a few years ago. :up:

We need a serious scientific study on this and then perhaps we can also examine the issue of Larry's hair getting darker over the years.

for the record I was blonde as a little girl and now my hair is dark brown (with some grey soon to be removed by the wonders of technology)

<----loves the 'phony' black dye job. He looks so much sexier and more elegant with the black hair combined with the pale skin and blue eyes, IMO. But he's fine now as well.

more nitpicky stuff...i mean, I could go ooon about this forever. And I am sure CMM will come in and add her bit...but after this I'll try to shut up, i SWEAR!

When you watch the video for with or without you, you can see a slight red flare at his roots. Also, in that JT era (I think) pic above, ::points up:: the hair is slightly dull, matt-ish. This indicated that the cuticles have colour in them, back then he used to use the semi permenant dyes. Later he had to move on to permenant dyes to cover the grey.

Useless crap, I know...but FWIW...lol.

originally posted by TiaraGurl
for the record I was blonde as a little girl and now my hair is dark brown (with some grey soon to be removed by the wonders of technology)

Really? How?
By hair dye, or is there a process where gray hairs are actually pulled out?
I got a few streaks myself, I would like to get rid of them, so reading this made my ears stand up.
Tell me!

Last edited:
Pearl said:

Really? How?
By hair dye, or is there a process where gray hairs are actually pulled out?
I got a few streaks myself, I would like to get rid of them, so reading this made my ears stand up.
Tell me!

I should have said covered (most likely by highlights or single process) you're not supposed to pull out grey hairs they are coarser and will grow nback more. )or is that what they say about everything?)

Sue DeNym said:
Hair, in it's natural state, is rarely all the same color. Most brunets have some red and blond hairs mixed in with the brown (not to mention different shades of each color). Sunlight and other factors will bring out the odd shades.

Whether the current reddish brown is Bono's natural color or a good dye job, it's certainly a lot better than that blatantly phony black dye job he had a few years ago. :up:

Well said. I have light brown hair and have NEVER dyed or highlighted it, but I do have highlights b/c I'm in the sun constantly in the summer. I get lots of comments on the highlights but I swear on Bono's scruff I have NEVER colored my hair. I was born with black hair but it fell out, as newborn's hair does, and came back bleach blonde. But my mom has light brown hair and my dad's dark brown so it's slowly getting more brown.

I've always assumed Bono's hair was reddish brown b/c when he had it buzzed during Pop it was that color. Last time I saw him up REAL close he had a dark dye job but you could just tell he has lighter, graying hair. He had scruff then and it was brownish/reddish/gray.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I've always assumed Bono's hair was reddish brown b/c when he had it buzzed during Pop it was that color. Last time I saw him up REAL close he had a dark dye job but you could just tell he has lighter, graying hair. He had scruff then and it was brownish/reddish/gray.

I think that's what I always thought too because I saw those things as well. I guess I just never thought about it that much, lol.

hi

I have had medium dark-brown hair pretty much all my life tho, I think it was a lighter brown when i was 5. And I've since then on always had reddish highlight in the sunlight. Actually from what I know [somewhat about] light, the reddish highlights show up more than anywhere in full sunlight.

I know he's had his hair dyed black for yrs.

Having just seen him up close [4 ft away], but under NYC's night streetlights [mostly] 3 1/2 weeks ago -I can say his stubble was salt & pepper. Just the fact that he wasn't clean-shaven really caught my eye and then i noticed the coloring..

and U2Kitten :ohmy: :drool: the pic of Bono on the ? hydrant? is one of the most gorgeous young Bono pics , I've ever seen! <* oh, those wonderful long legs !*>

Thank you :applaud: !!!

originally posted by TiaraGurl
I should have said covered (most likely by highlights or single process) you're not supposed to pull out grey hairs they are coarser and will grow back more. )

Oh. Oh well.
I heard that some salons dye, or put highlights specifically on the gray hairs. You know, they put a covering over your hair, and only dye the gray spots. Guess I'll have to do that since I don't want to color or tint all of my hair. I just want to hide the gray.

Ready for this? When your hair gets grey, it becomes coarser. It is harder for color to stay on it and a reddish cast is what happens when either the dye is not strong enough or as you wash it. I know that he has reddish undertones in his hair, but she definitely has grey in his hair and definitely dyes it.

PaleBlueDot said:
Edited to add: Um...in case you're wondering, I only know 2 people who know bono lol. Not like, a million. No, I've never met him but I hear he is a nice fella. ;)

LOL, same here-but I only know one person (well, I don't know him that well-my dad interviewed him a few weeks back and I got to meet this guy for a few seconds), and that person said the same thing-he's known all four of the guys and said, "There's not a phony bone in their bodies", that they were all really genuine people, really nice. :).

Also, that's pretty cool about what happened with the guys at your campus...wow (Bono took a bike, eh? :laugh:...seems to have a habit of doing things like that, doesn't he?). I wouldn't know what to do if U2 were wandering around my town (wait, yes, I would...I'd follow them! :D).

Anywho, on to the hair...U2Kitten, that's what I was gonna say-I thought Eli's hair was blonde, 'cause from the picture of him and Bono at Bono's dad's funeral that they had in the "People" article, Eli's hair looked blonde to me.

Originally posted by Sue DeNym

:yes:. This is very true with me-my hair, for the most part, is dark brown (looks almost black when it's wet). But when I'm out in the sun, bits of red can be seen as well (that's from my grandpa, who had red hair).

And my mom's told me about how she had blonde hair up until she was 5 years old, then it turned brown and stayed that way ever since.

Hair can do weird things.

But I personally like Bono's hair color now. It definitely looks good. I did like the black, too, though...worked with his whole Fly phase and everything...:drool:...

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Also, that's pretty cool about what happened with the guys at your campus...wow (Bono took a bike, eh? :laugh:...seems to have a habit of doing things like that, doesn't he?).

LOL! Anyone who's read the Flanagan book knows. ;)

yjmarigold said:
Ready for this? When your hair gets grey, it becomes coarser. It is harder for color to stay on it and a reddish cast is what happens when either the dye is not strong enough or as you wash it. I know that he has reddish undertones in his hair, but she definitely has grey in his hair and definitely dyes it.

Thank you!
A voice of sanity that knows why some boxes of dye say "not recommended for mostly/predominantly grey hair."

All her life my aunt had blonde hair, then the last time I saw her it was red! I asked her why she changed. She said because her old color of dye no longer worked on her hair since it had gone all the way gray so she had to switch colors.

yjmarigold said:

:yes:

That is why when a man reaches ahem...a certain age....its pretty obvious if he dyes his hair. There are tons of male celebrities in their 40's and beyond with that weird, reddish color hair.

disclaimer: I'm NOT saying Bono's looks weird!

*removes self from any further hair discussions

Hmm..I thought Black Irish referred to those who descended from the Spaniards who came to Ireland. Youre saying that it rerfers to Greek/Italians ? And Bonos hair is natural and not a result of Clairol#23's inability to fully cover white hair? Wow..next thing you know we'll all find out that the earth really is flat and that the Golden Gate bridge is for sale!:yikes:

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
<* oh, those wonderful long legs !*>

Thank you :applaud: !!!

:eeklaugh: Is that a joke? :wink:

*kidding*

Anyway, I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents on the hair. I would imagine because of his age and the way his scruff looks when he has it, that he has dye on his hair now. It may be dyed to look more like his natural color but it has to by dyed.

EPandAmerica said:
I would imagine because of his age and the way his scruff looks when he has it, that he has dye on his hair now. It may be dyed to look more like his natural color but it has to by dyed.

Ah! Another good point -- I was thinking about that earlier. It has to have been dyed back to it's original color or else he'd have some really frickin' terrible looking roots there lol.

She was just stating exactly the same things I stated in my 2 postes, that because of his age, and his scruff, it has to be dyed, and whether or not it is or ever was his 'natural color' it is still dyed. So back to the original point, his hair is NOT 100% pure Bono. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course;)

If he used no dye, you would see a lot of grey, with a little reddish brown and brown, but darker than the color he has now. His beard is completely white without color. I've seen too many pics like that. Remember that beard dye commercial, 'no play for Mr. Grey!' :laugh:

Tabby said:
Poor Bono, he thought he was surprising you all with a new look but you think it's not :huh: I have never seen that color on him before this summer. I think it's a new color.

What the hell, he looks great!!! That's the important thing, to me anyway!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:scratch:

Why is this even an issue?

And why are people so intent on proving the true color of Bono's hair? Who gives a shit?

That is all.

Keocmb said:
:scratch:

Why is this even an issue?

And why are people so intent on proving the true color of Bono's hair? Who gives a shit?

That is all.

For me, mostly, is the resounding need to prove Dot wrong, because I know her and that is the nature of our relationship. :evil:
I can't have her be silly and go around thinking Bono's hair colour is natural, now, can I? I just, wouldn't be a good friend. ;-)

If you do see a Bono's hair thread, and you think it shouldn't be an issue, the worst thing you can do is respond to say so, because it only bumps it and gives it new life! :uhoh: :laugh:

:shrug: ;)

Back
Top Bottom