Bat For Lashes (Natasha Khan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard Daniel on the radio today

At first it kinda reminded me of some Irish folk/ Enya kinda music but then i noticed its really cool. :)

Going to pick up the new album soon.

Is the first album worth a listen?

Against all odds, I thought Two Suns was really good. Definitely not my thing, kind of felt it was a combination of Tori Amos circa Under The Pink (except there never really came a point while listening where I felt guilty for having a penis, so that's good), Bjork, and, more favorably, a little M83 and PJ Harvey. The difference maker was Natasha Khan's songwriting; never did I feel the album was slipping by on texture rather than quality tunes. And the production was sublime. I can't wait to check this thing out later this year, as it's hardly the perfect soundtrack to a long walk on a sunny, 85 degree day.

:love:

I just discovered this artist about a month and a half ago - fantastic! Purchased her 2 records... both fantastic.

Bat for Lashes = :combust:

I randomly came across this last night, and had a good laugh. This apparently was the single cover for 'Daniel'.

41QScleu7iL._SS500_.jpg

So THAT is the Daniel the song is about?! Fantastic.

It is indeed quite hot. But more importantly:

FUCK COBRA KAI.

I'm going to wait for Laz to pop in and make some variation of a "wax on, wax off" joke.

I was actually going to make some sort of joke about that and GAF but decided against it.

teehee

It's funny how you have to be in the right mood for some albums. While I liked the new album, only the singles had really won me over. Listening to it while working today, it's really hit the spot and totally clicked. yayz

Ooooh. Love the song and video, though the director has a bit of an obsession with light flares. Gorgeous stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom