Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
How long is yours, timewise? Mine's the shortest I've made, but it's still only a few short of the limit. My Desert Island II entry was 160:00 exactly!

I need to make covers. Don't have any good ideas yet. Still struggling for a title I like, actually.

And no, I haven't even received any, let alone listened!

Extremely short. 120:45. It's a concept album (or at least I call it such :wink: ), so I kind of dropped length as an issue once I surpassed 100 minutes or so.

My covers are all original photographs taken of myself with effects. I have a title for the entire playlist and a title for each disc, and a cover for each of the three titles.

Put your e-mail down in the sign-up thread and everyone who's done will send you their stuff. Currently, I think four are done (LMP, LM, bono_212, the team of lemonchick/irishteen).

U2democrat said:

I know. It's something not many people are aware of about me.

I know I never would've possibly figured it out! I mean, I thought your screen name indicated your heartfelt appreciation for the democratic process and freedom, rather than support for those godless librul commie Demoncrats.

phillyfan26 said:
Extremely short. 120:45. It's a concept album (or at least I call it such :wink: ), so I kind of dropped length as an issue once I surpassed 100 minutes or so.

My covers are all original photographs taken of myself with effects. I have a title for the entire playlist and a title for each disc, and a cover for each of the three titles.

Put your e-mail down in the sign-up thread and everyone who's done will send you their stuff. Currently, I think four are done (LMP, LM, bono_212, the team of lemonchick/irishteen).

You're going to get slammed for being too short. I know, I don't agree with it either. But last time around, people who had short tracklists fared poorly. Then again, times change.

I'd like to use one of my own photographs too. But you know what all my photos are of!

I think I'll just wait until everything is sent out.

Just been to a funeral for a 44yr old cancer victim.....it was chocka of Crowded House music :love: Brilliant....

Axver said:

You're going to get slammed for being too short. I know, I don't agree with it either. But last time around, people who had short tracklists fared poorly. Then again, times change.

I'd like to use one of my own photographs too. But you know what all my photos are of!

I think I'll just wait until everything is sent out.

The funny thing is, I did these photographs over the course of several nights, all in my bedroom, and during that time, I got my haircut, so two of the photos are me with long hair, and one is me with short hair.

Oh, and I guessed I was going to get slammed. Most I've talked to have said they don't look at that, but I imagine it will factor unless my playlist is really good.

My playlist closes with two instrumental tracks at the end. :ohmy:

phillyfan26 said:
Oh, and I guessed I was going to get slammed. Most I've talked to have said they don't look at that, but I imagine it will factor unless my playlist is really good.

My playlist closes with two instrumental tracks at the end. :ohmy:

As it stands, I've ten spare minutes. Still contemplating quite what to do with the first half.

And I've got four instrumental tracks.

Mine is going to fare worst. I've broken my "no metal" rule.

jobob said:
I'm as pure as the driven snow. :angel:

If the driven snow is 79 percent pure.

:lol:

Well, you're more pure than I, and I'm spectacularly naive.

But you're terribly corrupt compared to Ian, Pee Fan, U2dem, and the Maj.

If you recall my symphonic list, I had two short instrumentals in the middle of the playlist. Using them in the middle and using them in the end are two very different uses. And the last instrumental does not fade out, it in fact ends a bit abruptly. However, that's what I was going for.

phillyfan26 said:
If you recall my symphonic list, I had two short instrumentals in the middle of the playlist. Using them in the middle and using them in the end are two very different uses. And the last instrumental does not fade out, it in fact ends a bit abruptly. However, that's what I was going for.

Sounds cool. One of my instrumentals is the second track. I wonder how people will take that. Then I have an 8 minute long instrumental followed by another that's 7 minutes long, and near the end I have an 11 minute long instrumental (though it does have a vocal sample in it).

Mine closes with Porcupine Tree's Collapse The Light Into Earth. It's dark and sombre.

alright...my 10k was in the demotivational thread. a landmark should be made in another landmark.

and i just realized varitek already did a u218 that was funnier. oops!

and with that, i'm off to find chocolate and study before they cut off my internet

Axver said:

Sounds cool. One of my instrumentals is the second track. I wonder how people will take that. Then I have an 8 minute long instrumental followed by another that's 7 minutes long, and near the end I have an 11 minute long instrumental (though it does have a vocal sample in it).

Mine closes with Porcupine Tree's Collapse The Light Into Earth. It's dark and sombre.

I have a feeling yours will be one of the best with flow. God knows, of all people, a lack of flow would be a letdown in every sense of the word for you. :wink:

LemonMelon: If you read this, I'm 3/4 done your playlist and I dig it, but Beach Boys? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom