Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would strongly recommend you take a step back

If these kinds of arguments lead you to say out of line things like this:

If you feel you are entitled to more, you are a very sad, pathetic, entitled and above all selfish selfish person.

Grow the fuck up.

Then I would strongly recommend you follow your own advice.

There is an easy solution to that. Recognize your opponent, realize that he's not going to change your mind and you're not changing his, and move on.

Ive actually woken up to read that you are STILL waffling on with this shit. I haven't got the time, nor care enough about what you have to say to go back through the posts.

Suffice it to say that it is a logical conclusion to draw given that you complain about boith new songs and warhorses... what else is there left???

You STILL cannot acknowledge that you are wrong about the new songs though. I don't know how it can be put to you more plainly: you stated 4 new songs in a row is standard, Axver and BVS PROVED to you that you couldn't be more wrong about that, and you still try and argue further, slightly changing your tune every time.

Not the smartest move given that what you have previously written is still on the page :lol:

I've had enough. Anyone who can do that is far too stupid to waste my time on. I can only assume you are doing this to perpetuate the arguement for your own sick and twisted pleasure, and I will be no part in that anymore.

Goodbye, and I hope you really really don't enjoy the rest of the tour, because you don't deserve to. :wave:

Is this guy for real? He doesn't read. He likes to chime in with his emotion-based retorts which are completely out-of-place and make him look silly (see his obscure setlist statement).

Let me ask you. Do you really think I was arguing that U2 always opens with 4 songs? Not 3, not 5... 4... only 4. Why would anyone try to argue that? No, I had a bigger point.

Axver, is the only one out of you that argues with any sense of logic. He checks facts. The facts are still up for interpretation, I think that U2 tends to open with a bunch of new songs... where you draw the line is subjective... I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that U2 tend to open with their new songs.

What is funny about the other two is that they often resort to insults... and swearing. I wonder if they think it is convincing.

If these kinds of arguments lead you to say out of line things like this:

Then I would strongly recommend you follow your own advice.

There is an easy solution to that. Recognize your opponent, realize that he's not going to change your mind and you're not changing his, and move on.

Both points already taken on board. I get too upset when people act this way, and I have already said I am disengaging from the arguement

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but here is a photo of the Barcelona 1 setlist a friend snagged after the show:

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/45566/2635176660101351011S600x600Q85.jpg

fake omg look it's photoshopped

The "space chat" is peculiar :hmm:

That's what the people listening from outside were calling it before there was even a claim that they got a set list.

What are the odds of them both calling it "space chat"?

i'm guessing that clearly photoshopped setlist from the other week wasn't so clearly photoshopped....

I have seen a lot more comments COMPLAINING about the setlist, than how AWESOME it was.

Not sure what band you were expecting to show up last night...Springsteen? Pearl Jam? Radiohead?....No it was U2! (Who delivered a very "expected" U2-traditional, setlist...which is perfectly fine by me)

I would agree with others, the setlist seems pretty flat, alot of the standard U2 setlists contain the classics, only this time around they played a bunch of classic slow songs....they really need to up the tempo of the show. The setlist just looks like it robs energy from the crowd....this is a stadium, effin' bring the place down with some real rock tunes - I don't care what songs they add as long as they're more upbeat.

i don't know what you ppl are fighting abt (seems like it's been goin on for quite a few pages too :wink:), but its pretty obvious that U2 haven't opened this heavily with their new material since Zoo TV

i'm guessing that clearly photoshopped setlist from the other week wasn't so clearly photoshopped....

To be honest I don't know everything I know about photography, shading, perspectives, etc from being an artist and photographer I still say yes, but if this one is true then I'm a little baffled.

Hi guys. Im germcevoy. Apologies if the video stream screwed up. I had did some small scale testing before heading to Barcelona and it worked flawlessly but my flixwagon account was getting hammered (2000 hits a minute trying to see the same thing) and there was only 1 open wi-fi network in a stadium full of near 100,000 people so god knows how many were using it. So it did turn out more of an immediate clip compilation rather than a live stream but I pointed and shot the video live and it told me it was broadcasting so. . . . I tried

Hi guys. Im germcevoy. Apologies if the video stream screwed up. I had did some small scale testing before heading to Barcelona and it worked flawlessly but my flixwagon account was getting hammered (2000 hits a minute trying to see the same thing) and there was only 1 open wi-fi network in a stadium full of near 100,000 people so god knows how many were using it. So it did turn out more of an immediate clip compilation rather than a live stream but I pointed and shot the video live and it told me it was broadcasting so. . . . I tried

We really appreciate the effort, no worries, you spoiled us for sure!!!

Anything is better than nothing, and your efforts were more than a mere "anything". Great work! :up:

:bow: thank you! It was great fun!

i don't know what you ppl are fighting abt (seems like it's been goin on for quite a few pages too :wink:), but its pretty obvious that U2 haven't opened this heavily with their new material since Zoo TV

I was going to say... considering the new songs and the addition of TUF and Ultraviolet among others, around half the songs are completely different from the last time around. Guess there's some people who might not be keen on the new stuff live then, huh?

Don't worrt, I'd expect there to be issues on any new project. However, the visuals on this tour will be what's remembered in 10 years time, and all people will recall is how awesome they were!! :D Thanks for doing it.

I was watching it the whole time and it said it was broadcasting live! It was awesome! Thank you so much :wave:

Screw ups are bound to happen. But I'm glad for the video(s) you have given us...so don't worry about it :hug: :D

:applaud::wave: Thank you SO much, it was awesome being able to see at least some of the show, and at some points, it was streaming live!! Thanks so much for your efforts, I know it was really appreciated by lots of us!!:applaud:

That idea about Fez is a great one! :yes:

As for WOWY, I don't understand the lack of love either - it's one of my all-time faves and hope it never disappears from the setlist :love:

I second that! This song just needs some life, but you can't drop it altogether. A crappy version of it is better than nothing at all. WOWY is my favorite U2 song of all time!

I don't know if Bono is graceful enough to really use that steering wheel well; that whole thing was a little awkward. We'll see what some practice brings.

Also, what exactly happened on One? Did Edge move too quickly to the chorus?

WHAT?!?! It looked fucking awesome...it was ZooTV status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom