August 20 Don valley stadium Sheffield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunset is at 20.23 on Aug 20th. By 9 it should be pretty dark.

It says on the website about no cameras allowed. They just mean no DSLR or big lense cameras, correct?
Also mentions nothing about camping out, schweeeet :shifty:

They've been letting in 2inch non detachable lenses without question. Many have got dslrs through but I have seen them getting confiscated on occassions.

Camping now allowed. Just like every other venue.

Can any Sheffield resident tell me the best place to park so that we can get away early after the show. I will be coming from Manchester via the M62/M1. I was thinking of somewhere near the Meadowhall but this seems a bit of a long way from Don Valley. Is there some place nearer? Thanks

Shit...I meant camping NOT allowed. But it has happened either formally or informally at every other venue I've been to this tour.

Anyways... I was passing Don Valley today and had a look around. Although there was football on, non of the security guys were able to tell me much other than that camping would not be allowed within grounds of the stadium. Nor could they tell me which entrance/s would be used for GA (my ticket doesn't have a gate). My guess would be gates C-K - there's quite a wide open area there but I think that's part of the grounds. However there's a good walkway leading up from gates C-M, passed gate N and beyond towards the tram station. I don't think that's officially part of the grounds and is narrow enough to form some orderly queue with a numbering system. I'm gonna call the security guys on Monday to see what kind of support we can get.

I'm happy to organise this one, but I won't be arriving until Wednesday afternoon as I need to get back from Glasgow.

Anybody got 2 tickets that they are willing to sell?
Doesn't matter if its GA or standing as I don't finish work till 4 and live about an hour away.

My wife really wants to watch them as she missed out on the last tour due to us having a baby. I'm off to wembley but she couldn't make that as we have just had another baby and couldn't get a sitter for that night.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Looks like this show will be broadcast on Liverpool radio. :up:

Not just Liverpool radio, Radio city is part of a whole network of radio stations around the UK and Ireland, i belive it is going out to around 22 of these stations plus 3 national stations Q, Karrang etc etc.

Does anyone know roughly when the stage will start been assembled?
I'm thinking of venturing to Sheffield to have a look if I can get a day off from work before the 20th.

Anybody got 2 tickets that they are willing to sell?
Doesn't matter if its GA or standing as I don't finish work till 4 and live about an hour away.

My wife really wants to watch them as she missed out on the last tour due to us having a baby. I'm off to wembley but she couldn't make that as we have just had another baby and couldn't get a sitter for that night.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You can get them for less than face-value on eBay :wave:

Sunday?

Does anyone know roughly when the stage will start been assembled?
I'm thinking of venturing to Sheffield to have a look if I can get a day off from work before the 20th.

Would guess they will start on Sunday but may be before, the Production gear will not load in till Wednesday. Make sure you tkae your camera!

Cheers
Warby

Would guess they will start on Sunday but may be before, the Production gear will not load in till Wednesday. Make sure you tkae your camera!

Cheers
Warby

That's what I was thinking. Will be taking my camera if I'm able to go :)

A real pain

Still no tickets:angry:

I spoke to Ticketline today and they said they had still not received the GA tickets from the promoter (Live Nation/Ticketmaster) which is unbelieveable! They said the moment the receive them they will post SPecial Next Day Delivery.

Warby

I got my Shefield GA tickets about mid April - bought them in the presale. Have other people not received their tickets?

Doesn`t mention any gate numbers though so haven`t a clue where to go at the stadium. Hoping for a rail spot on the walkway, eother within or outside the pit.....not sure yet what time to start queuing up but it is a weekday so hopefully some people will be at work!

Let`s hope for decent weather and no rain...........:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom