Ashley, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. :tsk: I think she's back at Uni now...

University needs to stop getting in the way of postwhoring.

Maybe there should be a major in postwhoring. You can major in just about everything else!

This one was actually done with the latter philosophy, but for a completely different purpose to the metal-inclusive DI IV. I'm just waiting for someone to say "oh noez to much instramentulz".

If I can get another hundred or two words written tonight and make some progress in the early evening tomorrow, that'd be rather good for the stress levels.

Not going to rock to Farnham? :(
Aw man, that pun is almost too good to pass up...

Pfft, you can't please everyone. "Too much instrumentulz" ... "I hatez live trackz".... "the flowtf is crapzorz".... eh, whatever.

University needs to stop getting in the way of postwhoring.

Maybe there should be a major in postwhoring. You can major in just about everything else!
If people can get away with writing theses about U2, why the hell not! I think we've all written what adds up to a thesis on these threads anyway.

Aw man, that pun is almost too good to pass up...

Pfft, you can't please everyone. "Too much instrumentulz" ... "I hatez live trackz".... "the flowtf is crapzorz".... eh, whatever.

If people can get away with writing theses about U2, why the hell not! I think we've all written what adds up to a thesis on these threads anyway.

:lol: Go oooon, you know you want to do some rockin' posts.

I've noted that often the tracks I think will do the best are those that actually prove unpopular (e.g. No-Man this time around), and vice versa (e.g. Yndi Halda this time around). :lol:

Haha, that'd be hilarious, a study of the Superthreads or something. I think Ian was mentioning the threads in some essay he was doing ...

I know someone who wants to do research on online communities, and was going to interview people at Dragon*Con to use in her thesis... If only she could have got a uni to fund the trip for her!

Hey Reggo! :wave:

I know someone who wants to do research on online communities, and was going to interview people at Dragon*Con to use in her thesis... If only she could have got a uni to fund the trip for her!

Hah, shame that didn't work out. If some sort of Superthread study were in my field, I would totally be tempted to do it. But it seems like something for sociology ...

Hah, shame that didn't work out. If some sort of Superthread study were in my field, I would totally be tempted to do it. But it seems like something for sociology ...

I'm sure you could twist it to fit in your degree if you tried hard enough. Maybe pretend we're in the FYM forum... :wink:

I'm sure you could twist it to fit in your degree if you tried hard enough. Maybe pretend we're in the FYM forum... :wink:

New Zealand and the world: A history of the interaction between everyday New Zealanders and foreigners in the early 21st century as understood through an online community.

... the worrying part is that it sounds halfway plausible, and that tends to be good enough in academia.

New Zealand and the world: A history of the interaction between everyday New Zealanders and foreigners in the early 21st century as understood through an online community.

... the worrying part is that it sounds halfway plausible, and that tends to be good enough in academia.

You know what I'm gonna say.

Doooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiit!!

:D

If it hasn't been done already, Ax.

If I somehow manage to force railways into it, it should be original. After all, Kim has taken train photos for me!

New Zealand and emigration: A history of the interaction between everyday New Zealanders at home and abroad in the early 21st century as understood through railway photo-sharing in an online community.

How's that? :lol:

If I somehow manage to force railways into it, it should be original. After all, Kim has taken train photos for me!

New Zealand and emigration: A history of the interaction between everyday New Zealanders at home and abroad in the early 21st century as understood through railway photo-sharing in an online community.

How's that? :lol:

Just don't forget the relevance of the context of railway cuttings and cross-sections...

photofuckit can suck my non-existent cock.

Back. :wave:

photofuckit can suck my non-existent cock.

Back. :wave:

:lol: It's such a shit website now. I remember when it was immensely simple and unassuming. I like basic websites without all kinds of pointless bells and whistles that just slow everything down.

:lol: It's such a shit website now. I remember when it was immensely simple and unassuming. I like basic websites without all kinds of pointless bells and whistles that just slow everything down.
It is! I had the most basic photobucket back in 2005. And now the site's a giant pile of crap. But I have too many pictures stored there to move them. I'm lazy.

I watched a doco on Pink Floyd this weekend. I think I need to explore the pre-DSOTM realm, especially with Syd.

Oh, and I just posted in a Larry-appreciation thread in PLEBA with this current sig.

Rookie move there.

Hilarious, though.

It is! I had the most basic photobucket back in 2005. And now the site's a giant pile of crap. But I have too many pictures stored there to move them. I'm lazy.

I watched a doco on Pink Floyd this weekend. I think I need to explore the pre-DSOTM realm, especially with Syd.

I've had my Photofuckit account since 2002. It's my oldest online account that I still use. Now I tend to use it for pictures I post here, or that I only intend to use once or twice. My photography goes in my LJ Scrapbook. I can organise it better there, and it DOES look nice and simple.

Ooh, you do. How much PF do you know already? In terms of pre-DSOTM stuff, I'm a big fan of the whole Piper At The Gates Of Dawn album, while my favourite Floyd song is Summer '68 off Atom Heart Mother.

I've had my Photofuckit account since 2002. It's my oldest online account that I still use. Now I tend to use it for pictures I post here, or that I only intend to use once or twice. My photography goes in my LJ Scrapbook. I can organise it better there, and it DOES look nice and simple.

Ooh, you do. How much PF do you know already? In terms of pre-DSOTM stuff, I'm a big fan of the whole Piper At The Gates Of Dawn album, while my favourite Floyd song is Summer '68 off Atom Heart Mother.
:reject: DSOTM, The Wall, And Wish You Were Here. But to be fair, I only really got into Floyd in the past year. I didn't know Syd Barrett even existed till about 6 months ago (sorry, Syd). Interstellar Overdrive is a very...interesting performance.

Oh, and I just posted in a Larry-appreciation thread in PLEBA with this current sig.

Rookie move there.

Hilarious, though.

:lol:

I see two problems here:
1. Why on earth are you posting in a Larry APPRECIATION thread?
2. You post in PLEBA. :tongue:

:reject: DSOTM, The Wall, And Wish You Were Here. But to be fair, I only really got into Floyd in the past year. I didn't know Syd Barrett even existed till about 6 months ago (sorry, Syd). Interstellar Overdrive is a very...interesting performance.

NEEDS MORE ANIMALS. That's my favourite PF album. Then WYWH and Piper. A lot of people will tell you to get into Meddle as well, but I can't say I really see what all the fuss is about there, besides Echoes of course.

Syd Barrett was the first - and remains the only - musician who has died while I have been a fan of them. I still remember the day he died.

:lol:

I see two problems here:
1. Why on earth are you posting in a Larry APPRECIATION thread?
2. You post in PLEBA. :tongue:
Uh, well, there were pictures of him with his hand in his picket and I thought of a really dirty joke, but then realised I really couldn't post THAT in PLEBA.

NEEDS MORE ANIMALS. That's my favourite PF album. Then WYWH and Piper. A lot of people will tell you to get into Meddle as well, but I can't say I really see what all the fuss is about there, besides Echoes of course.

Syd Barrett was the first - and remains the only - musician who has died while I have been a fan of them. I still remember the day he died.
I love the Floyd. And Syd fascinates me. They're another band who's full discography I need. Including any good solo works. David Gilmour's a scary-looking ugly bastard. Brilliant guitarist though.

George Harrison was my first and only, I think. I dunno. I wasn't really into Nirvana when Kurt topped himself.

Uh, well, there were pictures of him with his hand in his picket and I thought of a really dirty joke, but then realised I really couldn't post THAT in PLEBA.

:lol: Larry's proving he's a wanker?

George Harrison was my first and only, I think. I dunno. I wasn't really into Nirvana when Kurt topped himself.

I remember when Paul Hester of Crowded House committed suicide and was surprised, but at the time I wasn't much of a Crowdies fan, I just knew and liked some of their songs from the radio. It was only after his death that I got into their music.

I think the only other musician whose music I seriously like, enough to earn their band a place in my top twenty, who's dead now would be Ian Curtis. Oh, and one drummer from The Chills died, but The Chills really have proved to be Martin Phillipps and Friends. Even Phillipps himself has lost track of how many line-ups the band has had.

Syd - I honestly though that after he fried his brain on acid that he'd died. But when I found out he went back to Cambridge to live with his mum, well, I dunno, it made sense.

The man had timing though. Showed up at Abbey Road Studios on the day the Floyd were recording Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom