Are you ready for some football???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Any football fans out there with me? I'm just curious. I'm a big fan of Dallas Cowboys and my 2nd pro team is Oakland Raiders (my pick to win the superbowl, also were my pick last year).

The Cowboys have really started to impress me (it's been a few years since i could say that!) the last couple of preseason games. Their offense is really pulling together in the damn preseason!

Of course my favorite college team is OU Sooners. I got to watch them practice this past month across the street from my house!

If you want to discuss football come here! If not, your "stuck" video is awaiting outcry
wink.gif

I'm not much into NHL, but I can get into the World Cup. Watched some of it in 1998.

z edge,

Cowboys, Raiders, OU Sooners....

let me guess, you're also a HUGE fan of the Yankees, Blue Devils, Avalanche, and Lakers

just kiddin...

I'm off to see my beloved Nittany Lions do battle with Miami-Fla Saturday night. I hope we got what it takes. My seats are so damn far up the upper deck that I might be able to tap God on the shoulder and ask for a miracle.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Go Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"

Originally posted by StarsnStripes:
z edge,

Cowboys, Raiders, OU Sooners....

let me guess, you're also a HUGE fan of the Yankees, Blue Devils, Avalanche, and Lakers

just kiddin...

I'm off to see my beloved Nittany Lions do battle with Miami-Fla Saturday night. I hope we got what it takes. My seats are so damn far up the upper deck that I might be able to tap God on the shoulder and ask for a miracle.

I guess for baseball I would say Braves, if i had to pick because i really don't follow it-ditto basketball.

Good luck with Penn State! If you get GOD's attention, please ask him for me the powerball #'s and also would U2 please play 4 shows in my town (norman, okla) on the 3rd leg and then party at my house after each show!

Originally posted by mikal:
Go Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I must say Brett Favre is probably the best QB in the league right now even though he hasn't played like it for a couple of years. If you put him with a team like minnestoa vikings, OMG!

Did they get rid of Ryan Leaf?? I heard they got Norv Turner for an offensive coordinator. He's the genuis behind the Cowboy's offensive stronghold of the early-mid 90's.

Yeah, they got rid of Ryan Leaf, and added Flutie, and their new second string guy, Drew Brees is throwing really well too. We lost tonight, but won our first three games.

Ah, its so wonderful having quarterbacks again
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by UCLAforU2 (edited 09-01-2001).]

Doug Flutie?
Ouch! I hope WE don't play ya'll! Buffalo's stupid to let go of him. Sure, he is a small QB, but he scrambles enough to get to where he can spot his receiver(s), and he has one hell of an arm. Drew Brees as a backup should be pretty comforting as well.

I was SAD to see Troy Aikman retire, and retire the way he did. The truth is, he had a GREAT career, but his successes were towards the beginning of his career for the most part. But after watching Quincy Carter mature the past weeks I am actually looking forward to this season.

I love football and I get totally obsessed with it when it's in season. I worry about the scores, the injuries, the bad calls, etc. I have to say the Cowboys and Raiders have always been my 2 LEAST favorite teams! I cheer for the 49ers, Colts, Vikings, Eagles, Redskins, and Titans. The main thing is to stick with a team and not desert them when they suck and jump on the bandwagon of another. It's okay to like other teams but don't abandon your favorites. One of the thing I hate most about Dallas and Raiders is that at least in my area those are the 'bandwagon' teams that people will say they like, get all the jackets, etc. and brag and run their big mouths but the moment they start to lose the gear goes in the closet and the mouths close. With other teams, it seems people are loyal and wear the stuff and fly the flag regardless of the record. I have seen lots of Steelers and Jets and Packers fans wearing their stuff all winter even if the team didn't qualify for the playoffs and that's how it should be. Don't flame me if you're one of the 0.7% of Dallas fans outside Texas who are not bandwagoners, the fact that you admitted liking them despite their lack of current greatness proves that you are not a fake fan.

Go Blue! As in the University Of Michigan! I'am a big U of M fan, I have season tickets for football. I'am about ready to leave for the game today in fact.

We will be facing off against your beloved team later this year Stars N Stripes. Although I'am rooting for them today (although I dont think they have a snow balls chance in hell of winning).

I'm a patriots fan myself. We've had our fair share of issues this year....but I don't think we'll be as bad as we were last year.

College football....well, anyone BUT the Buckeyes. I hate Ohio St. w/a passion.

------------------
hhhhhmmmmmmmm..........

GOOOOO COLTS!

The best OFFENSE in the league!

Edgerrin
Peyton
Marvin!

+ A better defense =

----------------------

SUPERBOWL 2002!!!!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Originally posted by baker6621:
GOOOOO COLTS!

The best OFFENSE in the league!

Edgerrin
Peyton
Marvin!

+ A better defense =

The new triplets?
Dont' count out:

Warner
Faulk
Bruce!

Rams or

Gannon
Rice
Brown

Raiders or

Culpepper
Moss
Carter

Vikings or

Carter
Emmit Smith!
Rocket Ismail
Galloway

(i'm hoping this will be one of those great offenses)
biggrin.gif

Blueroom - GOOO BLUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohoooo...only an hour til game time and I'm so excited! I can only listen to the game on the net though, since ity's only on ESPN regional. Football season makes me so homesick for Michigan!!!

Defending nat'l champs OU Sooners win 44-3 against Air Force, plus they played Walk On at halftime.

When you talk of football dont you mean the peoples game which is the biggest sport in the world.

Did you know that the English Premier League is shown live in more countries weekly than anyother sport. Also Manchester United are worth more than the Yankees and the Cowboys put together, and before you start I hate them to.......5-1 cant belive it.

Originally posted by GABSTER:
When you talk of football dont you mean the peoples game which is the biggest sport in the world.

Did you know that the English Premier League is shown live in more countries weekly than anyother sport. Also Manchester United are worth more than the Yankees and the Cowboys put together, and before you start I hate them to.......5-1 cant belive it.

That's nice.

Anyway, How bout them Packers der hey!
wink.gif

I have nothing against any sport, I just don't see any point in arguing over what is "football", because there are several different answers. I'm pretty sure the revenue and fan attendance for the Yankees or the Cowboys speak volumes for themselves.

Before anyone starts saying their "football" is the biggest sport in the world or whatever, tune into NASCAR.

Originally posted by z edge:
Before anyone starts saying their "football" is the biggest sport in the world or whatever, tune into NASCAR.

No man! Tennis is huge!
wink.gif

Originally posted by mikal:
Hey Z!

Feel like we're the only ones here right now?

i may have to bale when the females arrive and discover Larry...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom