Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe the Seattle affiliate is a week behind. LAME.

Oh well ... I'm sure it'll be available via torrent in a few hours. :wink:

Edit: Yeah, I checked next Saturday's local TV listings, and lo and behold, there it is: ACL - Arcade Fire. Weird.

And still lame.

Last edited:
Now I'm even more upset I had to miss their show here, as that was great. I'm really surprised at the sound and overall editing of the last few Austin City Limits I've seen, quite good. They did a great job showing how fun/exciting everyone was there. It was a great touch during Wake Up that they were only using the cameras that were actually shaking from the performance and dancing during the most intense part of the show. I was surprised how much AF actually rocks live. Oh well, there will always be more shows in the future!

There is when I was in the mood for Arcade Fire! I like Wilco and have (and enjoy) all their albums, but you know, I'm just not interested in seeing them live - especially their recent output.

BonoManiac said:
Oh, and I know he said he wasn't there but I could have sworn I saw Impy.

Ya got me, bitch.

I watched the taping with a few friends after getting home pretty late and plenty tipsy. Maybe it was the alcohol, but I've never been as riveted by a television performance. I've seen them live twice, but I really wish I could see them not at a festival. Maybe someday.

corianderstem said:
There is when I was in the mood for Arcade Fire! I like Wilco and have (and enjoy) all their albums, but you know, I'm just not interested in seeing them live - especially their recent output.

I'm a huge Wilco fan but their recent ACL performance was, eh. Not the performance actually (they always play better than just about anybody else) but the new material they performed on the show which isn't very interesting to me. But if you ever get a chance to see them live in person, not just on TV, I doubt you'd be bored for a second.

I missed Arcade Fire, too, so I'm psyched. :up:

I did actually see them play a bill with REM back in .... '03? '04? Somewhere in there. I liked them at that show.

martha said:
:mad:

Sonsabitches.

The only ACL I can find in fucking LA is a school district station. They're playing Paolo Nuttella or whoever the hell he is.

:mad:

Same here. :mad:

This is a couple of weeks old but I recall some Australian fans saying they weren't exactly fond of BDO.

They'll also be in Japan for three shows.

Arcade Fire Announce First Ever Australian Headline Shows

For Immediate Release
Friday 7 December

Billions Australia is pleased to settle all of the anxious speculation regarding whether or not the Arcade Fire, already announced as a main stage artist for the Big Day Out, would headline any while on Australian shores for the first time. The good news is YES!!

Such is the majesty and sheer magnificence of the Arcade Fire we are also certain that these highly-anticipated appearances at the Enmore in Sydney and the Forum in Melbourne will be unforgettable.

We also promise tickets will be on sale from next Wednesday 12th December but you'll need to get in very quickly because when it comes to critical acclaim and audience fever it's hard to match the Arcade Fire right now.

”Neither a timid repeat nor a knee-jerk departure, the bigger, bolder Neon Bible better captures what Arcade Fire achieve live: that sense of exhilarated careening born from the realization that cynicism's opposite isn't unremitting cheer, but stirring recognition and defiance”. – SPIN (US)

“The Canadian septet are the greatest art rock group since Talking Heads stopped making sense…Arcade Fire are that kind of band; dark and unpredictable, explosive and restrained”. – The Observer (UK)

“As a band who go to extraordinary lengths to convey their emotional maelstroms (onstage, every one of them screams and writhes as if possessed by the spirit of a thousand Conor Obersts; they beat drums, keyboards, guitars and each other's crash helmets with maniacal abandon and gigs usually end with a parade to a car park for a Clash cover or two), their second album 'Neon Bible' contains every ounce of the impassioned sound and fury of their live shows.” – NME (UK)

ARCADE FIRE

AUSTRALIAN TOUR

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY - ENMORE THEATRE, SYDNEY
www.enmoretheatre.com.au, www.ticketek.com.au, Ticketek Phone 132 849 & all Ticketek outlets

TUESDAY 29 JANUARY - FORUM THEATRE, MELBOURNE
Tickets available from www.ticketek.com.au Phone 132 849 & all Ticketek outlets

TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY 12 DECEMBER

www.arcadefire.com
For tour information please visit www.billions.com.au

I bought both Funeral and Neon Bible on vinyl the past few days.

It's exquisite.

Aaaaannd the two Arcade Fire side shows that I could have gone to are both sold out :(

I'm still thankful i get to see their awesomness at the BDO still.

Mmm, I love interactive flash music viddys :drool:

OMG I appreciate the string arrangements even more now :drool: :drool:

EDIT: A harp!!! :drool:

Last edited:
I love messing with that arrangement.

Strings...
then Win...
then piano...
than drums during the chorus.

Shit son, that should be the new big thing.

"Mix it anyway you want"

Back
Top Bottom