Appreciation: 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)' live, 360 Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I made it clear that their current rendition of UV is great. Nevertheless, it is interesting to discuss its merits in relation to previous renditions. I also find it amusing that those telling the "bitchers" to leave the thread can sometimes be found hijacking more critical threads with their own agenda.

Well I made it clear that their current rendition of UV is great. Nevertheless, it is interesting to discuss its merits in relation to previous renditions. I also find it amusing that those telling the "bitchers" to leave the thread can sometimes be found hijacking more critical threads with their own agenda.

i agree, accept it seems like it's always the same people arriving in each thread to give their "constructive criticism".

The moron who keeps posting bogus Ultraviolet Ray videos is still at it on YouTube. He intentionally relabels the Dublin show to the the latest performance of Ultraviolet Ray.

YouTube - U2 - ULTRAVIOLET -Houston Reliant Stadium 14.10.2009

Everyone on Interference should log in and rate all his videos as 1 star...he disabled the comments already. But I think it's be funny if his star rating dropped on all his videos.

...as are the people, who like everything labeled by U2 ...

well, i'm guessing that's an indirect dig on me. while i'm generally positive. i've also done my share of constructive criticism.

but when i look at the big picture, this is a U2 fan forum, so why would it be a bad thing if someone enjoyed everything labeled by U2? why would something like that be looked down upon at a U2 fan forum?

highlight for me, and i keep going back to barcelona for this and other songs, just something about the nervous evergy of opening nite that keeps the band out of robot mode

edges phat sliding guitar sound is amazing, and the fact the bono has to remain semi-stationary leads me to believe he puts more effort into th vocals, plus i think being able to hang onto the wheel allows him to be a bit ore agile in his advanced age, there is no doubt in my mnd that they will play this song at every show this tour, i just wish to christ something cooler than nutless WOWY, split the encore

umm, what she said is correct. this is an appreciation thread. there are countless setlist bitching threads to post in. i suggest you keep your posts in those if you want to stay here.

Right, I bow my head to the censorship – and excuse, that I did not appreciate.

Right, I bow my head to the censorship – and excuse, that I did not appreciate.

Right, because there is SO much censorship here.

We have plenty of negative threads here. Yours included. Too many in my opinion for a U2 fan site, yet we are open minded enough to allow them to take place. It is not to much to ask to keep the few appreciation threads free of negativity.

Please show more respect for the moderators here. We have zero tolerance for disrespect to the moderators.

Right, because there is SO much censorship here.

We have plenty of negative threads here. Yours included. Too many in my opinion for a U2 fan site, yet we are open minded enough to allow them to take place. It is not to much to ask to keep the few appreciation threads free of negativity.

Please show more respect for the moderators here. We have zero tolerance for disrespect to the moderators.

I do show respect, otherwise I already would have left here. So, everything is fine.:heart:

The moron who keeps posting bogus Ultraviolet Ray videos is still at it on YouTube. He intentionally relabels the Dublin show to the the latest performance of Ultraviolet Ray.

YouTube - U2 - ULTRAVIOLET -Houston Reliant Stadium 14.10.2009

Everyone on Interference should log in and rate all his videos as 1 star...he disabled the comments already. But I think it's be funny if his star rating dropped on all his videos.
Four letters

EPIC:drool::drool::drool:

How many different intros to UV did they have for the tour? Three, right? I'm not liking the space baby one too much right now. I think my favourite one was the one with the beautiful poem, which was only played a couple of times at the beginning of the US leg, even though I liked the visuals with the different colors a lot, too.

I liked the weird color/poem intro too, but now that I've seen the Zoo baby in space intro I like it, a nice throw back combined with the theme of this tour, plus it starts talk/singing Space Oddity, I didn't really expect that, and how the animation morphs into the steering wheel mic, which then turns into the actual video of it on stage, its pretty cool, here's a great video from last night:

YouTube - U2, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas, NV 10-23-09

I love how that intro gives the "baby, baby, baby; light my way!" refrain a second meaning. He's telling the microphone (or "spaceship") to help light his way. I love it!

I went to the Rose Bowl show with out seeing any previous clips from this song and it BLEW ME AWAY. The astro baby was fantastic because as someone mentioned the graphics morph right into the video. With the fantastic and interesting lights and smoke effects mixed with the beautiful classic U2 piece I was really really loving it. Seeing this piece from far up was interesting becuase I was not sure what I was looking at. I LOVED IT.

MARIOKART-WHEEL-WII-detail2.jpg

*appreciates*

does any one else think this would be the perfect opportunity for the boys to team up with Target for a promo?

YouTube - Ultra Violet U2 U2mixer European Leg Multicam Edit

at 3:38...is that a backing track of Bono singing the chorus? Bono throws the mic, but I still hear Bono in the background..:hmm:

Keep in mind that the European Leg Multicam Edit by U2mixer is a mash-up of video from various concerts, set to the sound from the Sheffield radio broadcoast, so there may be parts of the clip where it doesn't quite sync up. Here's U2mixer's explanation:

----
Hi all

Here's a little multicam video edit I did of Ultraviolet just for me and my girl - something to bring back great memories of the European concerts we saw together but after finishing it I decided to share it on youtube for other fans to see.

I've purposely used blurred and shaky footage at times to try and mimic the energy of a live performance so I hope that comes across.

It won't be to everyone's taste as I've edited together footage from the European leg (when the steering wheel microphone wasn't lit up) mixed with the audio from the Sheffield broadcast (we were there), but again, I've only made it to document great memories and not for any future fan DVD or video project.

I also decided not to include the intro (at this point) because of time limitations, but instead to just concentrate on the song and Bono's performance.

I've contacted those youtubers whose footage I've used, as without their camerawork I couldn't have made it. They are Fioontje1981, redbok81, attilio10, docovdbay, stanthecameraman, christof75, interference74, terrorsittich, Schneelein1, Louie1401, ratfacekiller69 and bonniemaisy.

I've only added my personal logo to the video because I've spent a lot of time on this edit and I do give credit to all the contributing youtubers at the start of the video and in the info panel also.

The 360 version of Ultraviolet was one of the main highlights for me so this was a labour of love ;)

Hope you enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom