Anyone watching the UK Hall Of Fame Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
On channel 4. 70's tonight and probably the strongest collection of artists so far. I like Noel Gallaghers praise for Abba and also saying that the Bee Gees are one of his favourite groups. Gotta agree that both artists wrote some great pop tunes and credit where credit is due. I think very hard to vote for one artist from the 70's, Led Zeppelin, Queen, David Bowie, Elton John(yeah liked his 70's stuff but not his 90's crap)...some very strong contenders. One thing I will have to say though is that I can not see the influence that The Sex Pistols had and their very limited achievements. The Clash are far more deserving but it seems to me the Sex Pistols got praise just for spitting and swearing on the Bill Grundy TV show. Where's the Fuc#ing talent in that? They did one decent song(pretty vacant) and then virtually repeated the chords for all their other songs (God Save The Queen etc). No wonder they only made one album, they had run out of ideas after one fuc#ing song!:wink:

i'v been watching the series. very good so far, i am surprised that there are very few female artists. There have been none for the 80's and none for the seventies. Before the series started i had an inkling that the 70's and 60's would have the most intense competition.
Does anyone know if they are gonna cover the founder members (and our favorate band). Actually on the c4 forums, u2 are getting alot of flak for being a founder member. some people think other bands are more worthy of being there.

Like what other bands are more worthy, probably some asshole thinks The Sex Pistols are more worthy than U2.:mad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom