Anyone think U2 will vary the European leg this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I'm thinking primarily of Greece and Turkey(read: Istanbul).

They've only played one show ever in Greece(Popmart) and they've never played Istanbul. I don't understand why. Istanbul is one of the great cities in the world and it's not as if it isn't big enough for U2 to play. I'm half-Turkish. It would be nice if they played Istanbul when I'm there in July.

U2 played Greece, Israel, Prague, and Bosnia on Popmart. They've been to none of the above since.

The last two tours, the UK(England, Ireland, Scotland), Germany, Paris, and Spain have made up most of the European leg. I just wonder if U2 will vary it up more in Europe this time.

I care about Istanbul the most. If REM and Bon Jovi can do it, U2 sure as hell can.

I'd love if they'd go a bit more on east, since I live in middle Europe, but based on rumours and that they'd probably do more shows in less cities I'm not very optimistic, the whole Southeaster Europe is almost absolutely undiscovered for them. I hate it when big bands stop in Germany, Austria and that's the end of the Europe for them.

There seem to be pretty decent rumours that Prague will get a gig again this time around. I hope those prove correct.

It just baffles me how poorly U2 have played eastern Europe. Major cities like Istanbul, Moscow, and Athens (U2 played Thessaloniki on Popmart) seem like obvious places for the band to play. I hope that if the band play stadiums rather than arenas in the US this time around, it will mean the American leg won't sprawl forever over 80+ shows and they will have more time to show some love to under-played and never-played parts of the world.

Back
Top Bottom